Windows 10: Night light not working on monitor

Discus and support Night light not working on monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Acer laptop plugged into an LG monitor with an HDMI cable. At night, I like to enable the night mode since it's easier on the eyes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RobDogs, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Night light not working on monitor

I have an Acer laptop plugged into an LG monitor with an HDMI cable. At night, I like to enable the night mode since it's easier on the eyes. Unfortunately, whenever I want to enable night light, I have to open the lid of the laptop and then close it again. Sometimes I have to unplug the laptop and plug it back in to get night light to work. Is there a way I can fix this problem?

submitted by /u/RobDogs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RobDogs, Mar 12, 2020

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 12, 2020
  4. Night light not working on monitor

No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Night light not working on monitor

1. Night light not working on monitor - Similar Threads - Night light working

2. Night light on both monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light on both monitors: Night light only works on my secondary monitor. I cannot find a way to set which or all monitors to consider for the night light feature.So how can I activate night light on all monitors please?...
  3. Night light on both monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light on both monitors: Night light only works on my secondary monitor. I cannot find a way to set which or all monitors to consider for the night light feature.So how can I activate night light on all monitors please?...
  4. Night light on both monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Night light on monitors

Night light on monitors: How can I apply the nightlight feature to other monitors? I have a laptop as my main computer and two monitors connected by the Dell device. When I turn on the nightlight feature it only applies to the laptop. Thanks...
  6. Night light not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light not working: why i cant turn on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-not-working/e9db51de-185b-4d68-abb0-b6cdc2c7c751
  7. Night light not working

Night light not working: Alright, so I am trying to turn on the night light on in my Lenovo Yoga laptop. It is 3 pm where I am located. I have turn off automatic brightness, switch to on night light, went to night light settings, set the hours to 2pm-7am and click turn on now button. Then, turned on...
  8. Night light not working

Night light not working: Hi Night light indicating ON on the Night Light Settings page, nothing changes when altering the strength slider.. It also showing On when it should be OFF after Sunrise setting is reached. Page is also greyed out, if I try to turn it off settings page just disappears....
  9. Night Light Not Working On Display Monitors

Night Light Not Working On Display Monitors: I have 2 display monitors and one laptop Both monitors are connected to dell's universal docking station and the docking station is connected to my laptop. I can adjust the lighting on my laptop, but I cannot adjust the lighting on the two monitors. Why is this? Is...
  10. Night Light not working

Night Light not working: Recently I have updated my pc to Windows 10 version 1903 os build 18362.175. I have noticed that night light not working. Is this same for all of you? How to solve this problem?...