Windows 10: No Access to Night Light/Blue Light Filter Options

Discus and support No Access to Night Light/Blue Light Filter Options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alright, so I just got Windows 10 today, and the automatic blue light is really bothering me. I looked everywhere for a way to turn it off, but where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NSpade, Mar 31, 2017.

1. NSpade Win User

No Access to Night Light/Blue Light Filter Options

Alright, so I just got Windows 10 today, and the automatic blue light is really bothering me. I looked everywhere for a way to turn it off, but where ever I looked I found nothing. It seems that no setting to change the blue light filter exists on my computer. Windows installer says I'm up to date, so I assume this is the newest version. If I had to guess anything some app I deleted may have caused this, but I don't think a system setting would be related to an app. Has anyone had this problem before?

:)

NSpade, Mar 31, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Mar 31, 2017
  3. Night Light

Turn off blue-emitting light so you are more likely to sleep/be able to sleep.

It's a blue light filter. It causes your display use warmer colors at night to help you sleep better and reduce eyestrain. It works just like Night Shift on the iPhone and Mac, Night Mode on Android, Blue Shade on Amazon’s Fire tablets, etc.

Shenan Stanley, Mar 31, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

What blue light? The camera or the actual desktop hue?

bro67, Mar 31, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
  6. Im glad that Windows has a setting like this now. Its existed for some time on my iPhone, but it seems its taken some time for it to come up on Windows.

ArazelEternal, Mar 31, 2017
  7. NSpade Win User
    NSpade, Apr 1, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 1, 2017
  9. NSpade Win User
    Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.0). The problem is that the filter is happening, but can't be shut off unless I reset color calibration manually every time it dims.

NSpade, Apr 1, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Unfortunately, your build does not include this feature. Luckily, the Windows 10 Creators Update will be released to the general public via Windows Update on April 11th 2017 that will include this feature.

Not much longer. *Smile

Brink, Apr 1, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    Today I clean installed build 15063 and Night Light initially was greyed out for me. However it worked after I had installed the full NVidia driver from their website rather than using the auto installed one. So you guys should try installing the full driver for your card from the manufacturer's website.

swarfega, Apr 1, 2017
  12. Win7ine Win User
    I had this issue too with 15063.413 on 5 of 7 machines! Reinstalling graphics drivers did nothing.
    Cleared the DATA fields of two related registry Keys and "Night Light" is working again.

Here goes:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate\Current]
    "Data"=hex:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings\Current]
    "Data"=hex:

Win7ine, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Access to Night Light/Blue Light Filter Options - Similar Threads - Access Night Light

2. Night light option is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light option is disabled.: Night light option is disabled on my windows 10 Ref the attached image .thank you., https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-option-is-disabled/c9c575fb-f9cd-4356-b0f4-4e2f55d1f529
  3. Night light option is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light option is disabled.: Night light option is disabled on my windows 10 Ref the attached image .thank you., https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-option-is-disabled/c9c575fb-f9cd-4356-b0f4-4e2f55d1f529
  4. Blue light filter malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue light filter malfunction: Good Morning, I have noticed i cant adjust my blue light filter in my Lenovo Legion y740. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-light-filter-malfunction/494627a4-5cff-44df-b916-20f58777df3b
  5. Night Light together with blue light filter glasses? or are glasses enough? Any experiences ^^

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light together with blue light filter glasses? or are glasses enough? Any experiences ^^: ? submitted by /u/zerdjio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvxg36/night_light_together_with_blue_light_filter/
  6. Night Light Levels and Blue Light Levels.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light Levels and Blue Light Levels.: Yo, just wondering, if my night light level is at strength 100 will this remove all blue light, or is that not a possibility? submitted by /u/Frnk112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghlion/night_light_levels_and_blue_light_levels/
  7. Night light blue light filter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light blue light filter: Hi, I have become very concerned about blue light, and finally found the Night Light setting in the windows display options. I set the strength to maximum, but am wondering, what percentage of blue light am I filtering at this maximum strength? 100%? 80%? Thank you...
  8. Night Light blue light filter Not Working Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light blue light filter Not Working Windows 10: I have windows 10 and the app "night light" will not work anymore. it hasn't for a few weeks now. I am able to toggle it on and off and adjust the strength slider but no changes happen and it doesn't add the warm hue to my display at all. I've even tried to download a blue...
  9. Nightlight/Blue-light filter

Nightlight/Blue-light filter: I have a question about the Nightlight/Blue-light filter option for windows10. I use my computer a lot on daily base including at even/night. And mainly have the filter ''on'' at a strength of 20%. I hoped to have any suggestions on what strength would be most fitting for a...
  10. Night Light Option

Night Light Option: Hey everyone, So I'm not a techy person at all and I realized that my night light option is disabled. My eyes are super sensitive so I have to protect them by using warmer colours but for some reason I just cannot turn the night light option on or off. This issue came to...