Windows 10: NO Action Center Icon after trying both Tutorial options

Discus and support NO Action Center Icon after trying both Tutorial options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have completed both Option 1 and Option 2 in the tutorial "How to Enable or Disable the Action Center in Windows 10". I rebooted after each option. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yrralrellim, Nov 2, 2016.

1. NO Action Center Icon after trying both Tutorial options

I have completed both Option 1 and Option 2 in the tutorial "How to Enable or Disable the Action Center in Windows 10". I rebooted after each option. I am attempting to enable the Action Center on my non-TouchScreen Lenovo WinBook but my Lenovo continues to have no Action Center icon. I have scanned and have clean system per Malwarebytes Premium. Windows Resource Protection found no integrity violations. Currently I have Windows 10 Pro Education; Version 1607; Build 14393.351

Suggestions please?
    Thank you!

:)

yrralrellim, Nov 2, 2016
  2. rklevy Win User

Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray

I find the simple flat Windows 10 icons for the Action Center in the System Tray, for example,
    NO Action Center Icon after trying both Tutorial options [​IMG]
    or
    NO Action Center Icon after trying both Tutorial options [​IMG]
    very difficult to see and differentiate.

I know that one can change the appearance of icons for other items in the system tray but I have not been able to locate the appropriate .dll or .exe file for the Action Center Icon so that I can change
    the actual appearance of those icons. Is there a way to change the appearance of these particular icons? Where are these Action Center icons stored?

rklevy, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Szyyy Win User
    Win 10 wifi connected but wrong notification icon displayed

Same here. After update to 1511 I am connected to wifi but windows is displaying airplane icon.

Edit:

Looks like in action center both network and airplane icon is highlighted at the same time. When disabling both and highlight only wifi, then only wifi icon is displayed on taskbar. But after reboot, again both icon are highlighted in action center but only
    flight icon is displayed on taskbar (but wifi is working).

Szyyy, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

NO Action Center Icon after trying both Tutorial options

Brink, Nov 2, 2016
  5. Thank you. When I started messing with this (trying to get the Action Center), my icon could not be turned on. It was off and "greyed out". Now I can't even find the setting to see if it is greyed out or not -- it seems to have totally disappeared. (I'm having no trouble with the Action Center on my other three Win10 PC's.)

yrralrellim, Nov 2, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you check using the tutorial link I posted above for how to turn on/off system icons?

Brink, Nov 2, 2016
  7. OK. Now I did. Now I have the icon! What a D.A. I was being. My "hurry up" mind kept taking me to Settings> System (because it had notifications" showing) instead of Settings. Personalization, etc. Thanks so much. I will mark as "Solved". Best regards. I probably couldn't exist and keep my mind straight on Windows 10 without this top notch, #1, Windows 10 forum.

yrralrellim, Nov 2, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. NO Action Center Icon after trying both Tutorial options - Similar Threads - Action Center Icon

2. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  3. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon in Action center hiding: Hello there, I have issue with some icons doesn't appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-in-action-center-hiding/62334ac0-aa63-4ef4-8172-4fd3919ec91b
  4. Icon in Action center hiding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth Action Center icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Action Center icon?: I have a Bluetooth icon in my taskbar, but I used to have one in Action Center which was more useful, but for some reason the Action Center square/icon has vanished? I have searched Settings and can find no way to restore this missing icon which I find more useful than the...
  6. Action Center Icon NOT WORKING

Action Center Icon NOT WORKING: Hi, Action center icon doesn't work whether I click on the icon or press Windows key + A. I tried turning the icon off and on form taskbar settings, but nothing happened. Could you please help me to solve this problem? Amr...
  7. action center icon missing

action center icon missing: Missing icon for action center after update Windows 10 August 17, 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/action-center-icon-missing/2fd34ca9-7616-4d98-911a-a034cc7bfba7
  8. greyed options in Action Center, Notifications

greyed options in Action Center, Notifications: Trying to STOP receiving email notifications in action center. Options are greyed out under 'notifications from senders' so am unable to disable any....
  9. Bluetooth Action Center icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Action Center icon: The Bluetooth icon is on in my Action Center but my computer does not have Bluetooth. This is interfering with my Wi-Fi speed. How do I turn off the icon when I do not even have Bluetooth capability on my computer? 41882
  10. Action Center Icon Oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Icon Oddity: This is not a problem as much as a curiosity. After opening the Action Center on either of my two screens the icon remains as though it is pinned on my second taskbar. It will sit there quite happily allowing me to open or close the Action Center as I wish. It disappears at...