Windows 10: No Audio Output Device is installed

Discus and support No Audio Output Device is installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Excellent feedback! I have a feeling the chipset driver may trigger some good things. That driver is usually packed with the graphics driver, can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anonymous123, Mar 26, 2016.

1. derekimo Win User

No Audio Output Device is installed

Excellent feedback! I have a feeling the chipset driver may trigger some good things.

That driver is usually packed with the graphics driver, can you go ahead and install the driver AMD offered you.

Hopefully it won't reject it, because it sees this driver,

Code: Driver Version 15.201.1151.1008[/quote] Code: Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6463, 658.48 KB (674,288 bytes), 2015-10-08 1:01 PM)[/quote] Which is fairly recent. It's worth a try though.

derekimo, Mar 27, 2016

2. Code: Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6463, 658.48 KB (674,288 bytes), 2015-10-08 1:01 PM)[/quote] Which is fairly recent. It's worth a try though.[/quote] Thanks!

For installing the drive AMD offered me:
    I visited AMD's page (Download Drivers) and click the "download now" button to get the AMD AutoDetect program.

No Audio Output Device is installed [​IMG]

This auto detect program offers me a graphics driver to download:

I successful downloaded the above driver. But the program instruction ends here. I didn't see anything new on my desktop and download folder. I assume they also install the driver for me.

Also, I notice that they said the chipset drivers are not included.

so I click the link they give me in the above picture and download the following driver (this is found in Chipset)

The above chipset driver is the only one that match my desktop (windows 10, 64 bit) so I think this is the right one to use.

After downloading the driver, I started the installation program (radeon-crimson-15.12-sb-sata-ahci-win10-win8.1-win7-64bit.exe).
    Although I restart the installation many time because it didn't respond or my computer didn't respond and I kill the program, but the installation was successful at last (For the last time, I restart the computer, install the program, let it do its thing and only interact after the installation finishes).

After the installation, the program ask me to restart the computer, but the problem remain after restart.

Anonymous123, Mar 27, 2016
  3. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Mar 27, 2016
  4. No Audio Output Device is installed

Anonymous123, Mar 27, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Try going to this page, and do a manual search for all the HP Drivers, and see if it finds anything for audio .
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/.../model/5373573

If it does, download them, and install, then reboot . Just an idea.

OldMike65, Mar 27, 2016
  6. tacoban Win User
    another possibility is that the sound device could be defect. Or if it is a PCI audio device, maybe it does not make good contact in the pci bus.
    U can open the case and check if u have a pci sound device or onboard device. U can allso check on HP support site, according to your serial number what type mainboard and sound device is used.
    If u are not sure, write here your pc's model/serial number so we can check what type mainboard/sound device or drive it uses.

tacoban, Mar 27, 2016
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Under BIOS settings, it might be helpful to see what it shows under "Advanced > Bus Options"

Other than that it seems to be a pretty bare bones BIOS, not much in terms of settings.
    If there is no option to enable or disable the IDT 92HD73E Audio sound chip there then your options are limited.

9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    You might try performing a ClearCMOS procedure to see if you can reset the BIOS to re-engage the sound chip.
    This procedure will not affect your Windows installation or any of your files, it is purely motherboard specific and fairly safe for anyone to do if the instructions are followed.

The instructions for your motherboard are here:
    HP Support document - HP Support Center
    scroll about half way down to find the instructions.
    The location of the jumper is not made clear in the instructions, it may take some searching to find it.

If that procedure does not revive the sound chip then it may be likely that a defect is the cause, as tacoban pointed out.

10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
  11. derekimo Win User
    I was hoping that would trigger something honestly, I would try the other suggestions.

I don't have any other ideas, sorry.

derekimo, Mar 28, 2016
  12. I went to the page you provided, trying to manually search all the driver but I don't know how to do it. HP first ask me to input my desktop's model number and I did as it said. Then HP told me that windows update may solve the driver problem. But as I mentioned in this post few floors before, windows update said there are nothing to update.

I went to HP support website, I entered my product model number "500-007a" and HP support website leaded me to my desktop's specification page (HP Pavilion 500-007a Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support). From this spec page, I can see my desktop's motherboard and sound/audio information there, but they are not very detailed.
    To highlight the audio part, I saw:
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E Audio
    Audio codec: IDT 92HD73E
    7.1 channel audio
    (The full information is in the website link above)

My desktop's model number is "500-007a" and serial number is 4CE318OC7W.
    My desktop's series is called "HP Pavilion 500 PC Series"

If needed, I will open my desktop. But once I opened it, how do I know if I have a pci sound device or an onboard device?

Below are the pictures for advanced options:

These pictures are all taken before I attempt to reset the BIOS.

Don't be sorry. Thank you for helping me!

Anonymous123, Mar 29, 2016
  13. tacoban Win User

Under the motherboard specifications u can see that it is an integrated(onboard) sound device. As it is not a pci, there is no possibility of bad contact.
    As others have suggested, if the sound device is not defect, it could be enabled/disabled via BIOS. But it seems u don't have this option.

In your first message, u told bout installing SSD, this is a hard drive type. Didn't you open the case while installing this ?
    Did you change any jumpers (settings) ? If you did, it is possible that u have disabled the audio device by changing jumpers ??

tacoban, Mar 29, 2016
  14. For the jumper:
    To make sure I actually did the right thing, I will state what I have done step by step:
    1) power off my desktop, then unplug the power
    2) open my desktop so I can see the motherboard
    3) On another laptop (this laptop has not problem at all, the audio problem is on my desktop), Google what a jumper on mother board looks like
    4) learned that a jumper may be something blue, and on the mother board around the the jumper there may exists some white text. The white text may be "CLR_CMOS".
    5) start looking for the blue jumper with white "CLR_CMOS" text around it.
    6) found it. it is blue and have white CLR_CMOS text around it.
    7) Take the blue jumper out from needle 1 and 2
    8) With out flipping side, place the jumper on needle 2 and 3
    9) Take the blue jumper out from needle 2 and 3
    10) With out flipping side, place the jumper on needle 1 and 2
    11) without closing the desktop box (I can still see the motherboard), plug the power, the power on my desktop
    12) The audio problem still remain, I can still see the red cross on the right bottom corner of the screen
    13) check device manager, still can't find the sound/game section

In windows service (before doing the jumper thing):

Windows Audio is running and is set to automatic.

I didn't change the jumper at all when doing the SSD upgrade. All I have done is unplug/plug HDD and unplug/plug SSD.

Anonymous123, Mar 29, 2016
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    Still think it just might be a missing driver for your sound in device manager. Unless you have something messed up in the wiring on motherboard. You were close to finding your sound drivers when you were on HP's site. I have 3 HP Computers. All desktops.
    Their is a Help section on HP's web site too. Where you can ask questions about anything to do with your HP Computer.
    Why you can't find any drivers from HP's web site is strange!!! As it scans your computer, and should list all the drivers and software available for your model. I would go back to HP's web site and try asking one of those tech's about your problem with no sound device showing in device manager. Here is a link to one of the help message area's. Talking about IDT Audio questions. Which is what you have installed in your HP computer.....same one I have....just different driver.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop...s/td-p/2201361

Once their, post a msg, and ask about your problem. Someone their might have a solution for this strange problem you have.
    Mike....

OldMike65, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

1. No Audio Output Device is installed - Similar Threads - Audio Output Device

2. No audio output device is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device is installed: Hi,Laptop: Medion P6645 / Windows 10I turned my laptop on this morning and there is a red cross next to my speaker icon.It says speaker setup unknown and in output and input devices there are no options to select.In device manager sound is hidden, unhiding it I then...
  3. No Audio Output Devices in installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Output Devices in installed: I know this has been widely discussed and Carlo TJ Independent Advisor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/29478bd8-e990-4de7-b01b-862427c4f74b , Replied on July 1, 2021 on No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The problem is the...
  4. No Audio Output Device Installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output Device Installed: Hello! I installed realtek as no audio output device installed. Now it has a yellow triangle. Realtek High Definition Audio" Any help? This device cannot start. Code 10 --> This is error reported in the Device manager...
  5. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Been having this problem for about a week now, Have tried pretty much everything from doing stuff in device manager to system recovery. Nothing works and I can't do a windows reset cause others use the computer, Windows 10 version 2004...
  6. No Audio Output Device is Installed

No Audio Output Device is Installed: So, I know that this is really late, but didn't install the latest update until yesterday just because I was too lazy to deal with it. My problem is pretty much the same as everyone else; my audio just doesn't work and when I hover my cursor over the speaker icon in the...
  7. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: I plugged a HDMI cord into my computer as I have since I purchased it 1 year ago today I unplugged the HDMI cord and now I have no sound on my lap top it shows an exclamation point in the device manager but when I update the driver it says I am current. The speaker at the...
  8. No audio Output device is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio Output device is installed: One day i logged on to my pc and i realize that my audio wasn't working. Every time i clicked on it will always pop up to trouble shoot it. It wont allow to adjust the sound so i cant hear anything out of my headset. Can someone please help...
  9. No audio output device is installed

No audio output device is installed: I bought a new headset, plugged it in, sound works great. Of course, when ever i'm using a computer something has to fail. And this something was the microphone. Microphone works fine on other devices. It appeared that the mic was not plugged in(yes, I did plug it in). After...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi, Yesterday my sound was working fine, I walked away from my notebook for 15 minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it. The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed'. In Device Manager the error message for...