Windows 10: no "auto arrange" in Windows 10?

Discus and support no "auto arrange" in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my windows 10 does not have icon "auto arrange". I did, view->large icons->right click...nothing anywhere no "auto arrange" yes I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by svenbob, Jan 22, 2020.

1. svenbob Win User

no "auto arrange" in Windows 10?

my windows 10 does not have icon "auto arrange". I did, view->large icons->right click...nothing anywhere no "auto arrange" yes I used the right-click. I'm using Windows 7 and I have "auto arrange". I really "like" Windows 7, see the pun. I've tried everything I can do, need help. Have a nice day

:)

svenbob, Jan 22, 2020

2. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Jan 22, 2020
  3. windows 10 auto arrange

How do I stop auto arrange on windows 10. I am unable to change auto arrange because it is greyed out .

johnchclark1, Jan 22, 2020
  4. no "auto arrange" in Windows 10?

Windows Creator and Auto Arrange

Carlos,

Below is URL of tutorial that describes exactly what my problem is, with a fix that worked starting with Windows 8 through the first 2 versions of Windows 10.

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

In step 2 of that tutorial there was a batch file that I used when Windows 10 came out that solved the problem that I am experiencing now. Specifically, within a folder there was no way to move icons around so that they did not
    appear either alphabetically, by date taken ,etc. I want the freedom to place files within a folder in any order. The .bat file shown corrected this problem for Windows 8 through the first 2 versions of Windows 10. Now Creator comes along and the batch file
    no longer works. Note the Warning on p1 of the tutorial in pink. What this means is that even if I uncheck auto arrange within a folder, and manually change the order of the files to my liking, once the folder is closed and then reopened the files revert
    to alphabetical order regardless whether auto arrange is checked or unchecked.

Icons on the desktop
    can be placed in an arbitrary order by unchecking auto arrange when in desktop. But then I cannot move icons until I check the auto arrange box. If I forget to uncheck auto arrange before I shut my computer down, on reboot all icons show up alphabetically.
    Very bad design.

Aaron

AaronBudgor, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

no "auto arrange" in Windows 10?

1. no "auto arrange" in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - auto arrange

2. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  3. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  4. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  5. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

turn off auto arrange in file explorer: I want to manually arrange image files in a folder, then save so arrangement persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-arrange-in-file-explorer/b9710100-4d2f-48f7-980a-4201b711463e
  6. turn off auto arrange in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  8. Auto arrange icons after update

Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  9. task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops: I have a shared community of computers in a lab where users consistently play with the icons, looking for a way to reset the desktop for the next user?...
  10. task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops: I have a shared community of computers in a lab where users consistently play with the icons, looking for a way to reset the desktop for the next user?...