Windows 10: No .bat files for Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support No .bat files for Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder from Win7 that was .bat locked that is now open & no longer able to be lock after a Win10 clean install. I thought I heard that .bat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GARoss, Aug 12, 2015.

1. GARoss Win User

No .bat files for Windows 10 Home?

I have a folder from Win7 that was .bat locked that is now open & no longer able to be lock after a Win10 clean install. I thought I heard that .bat was only available in the Pro version. Wouldn't seem worth $99.00 to go Pro just for that.

So, no .bat files for Windows 10 Home? Any good open source alternative?

:)

GARoss, Aug 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 search not working properly with batch files

Windows 10 search doesn't find .bat or .cmd files.

I find this very annoying as I used to access them a lot in Windows 8.1

The file types are listed in the Indexing settings.

If, for example, I change the extension of a .bat file to .txt, then I can find the file by searching.

If I change it back to .bat it can't be found.

Rebuilding the index doesn't fix this BTW.

Is there anything else I can try?

Alan

Alan Wortman, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Anniversary Edition Upgrade failing

Hi I have found a easier way to reset W10 updates. Here's a bat file from Shawn Brink that should reset W10 updates. I have used this bat file before. There are many many reasons that cause W10 to fail to down load windows updates. Let me know if this bat
    file worked for you to reset updates!

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

garybear89, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

There's no such thing as a .bat lock, or a folder that is .bat locked. .bat files are just DOS batch files, and they should work in any version of windows. If they don't, they would not work anywhere not just a single folder.

Mystere, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    There's no such thing as a .bat lock, or a folder that is .bat locked. .bat files are just DOS batch files, and they should work in any version of windows. If they don't, they would not work anywhere not just a single folder.

It's possible for an administrator to lock down a computer to prevent certain kinds of apps from running, but not in home as there is no group policy an no way to join a domain.

Mystere, Aug 12, 2015
  6. GARoss Win User
    Sorry,my PC terminology is lyman at best & I have once again failed to explain my question to those with PC knowhow. It's a Windows Batch File.

Here's what I was referring to. It's created with Notepad & saved as locker.bat.

No .bat files for Windows 10 Home? [​IMG]

Double-clicking the locker.bat creates a folder that is named in the code you wrote, in this case "Locker".

Then place your files in Locker, double-click locker.bat & the DOS window you mentioned opens & asks to lock (Y/N).

If yes, you no longer see the "Locker" folder, just locker.bat.

Double-click locker.bat & DOS opens asking for your Locker folder password. Works great! Somehow the associativity was disabled when I did a clean install of Windows 10.

GARoss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No .bat files for Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - bat files Home

2. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  3. Bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  4. .bat files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  5. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  6. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....
  7. Windows .bat File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows .bat File: I have a .bat file on a pc that is supposed to get and send a file to and from a server. This .bat file is working properly when I run it on the pc but will not when trying to run it through a 3rd party software. there have been no errors, the .bat file will start to run but...
  8. Formating a Windows 10 .bat file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Formating a Windows 10 .bat file.: How to format a .bat file to open a desktop icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-a-windows-10-bat-file/a40662a9-5b4d-42c5-89b5-744df6a64734
  9. Repairing Windows 10 Home with .bat extension

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing Windows 10 Home with .bat extension: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please nice me to give me a Windows 10 Home Repair script with the .bat extension. I want this extension to save it on a partition and every time I make my Windows 10 Home problems to do it maintenance, cleanup of unnecessary files, cleaning registry...
  10. Repairing Windows 10 Home with .bat extension

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repairing Windows 10 Home with .bat extension: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please nice me to give me a Windows 10 Home Repair script with the .bat extension. I want this extension to save it on a partition and every time I make my Windows 10 Home problems to do it maintenance, cleanup of unnecessary files, cleaning registry...