Windows 10: No Bluetooth Toggle / Bluetooth Turns Off Unexpectedly

Discus and support No Bluetooth Toggle / Bluetooth Turns Off Unexpectedly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, For the last couple months I have been experiencing a problem where my Bluetooth adapter turns off unexpectedly, with no way to turn it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SpaceQuetzal, May 27, 2020.

1. No Bluetooth Toggle / Bluetooth Turns Off Unexpectedly

Hello,

For the last couple months I have been experiencing a problem where my Bluetooth adapter turns off unexpectedly, with no way to turn it back on because there is no toggle button anywhere; not in the Action Center, nor in the Settings. I do not remember if there ever was a toggle, because I never experienced any Bluetooth problems before. Eventually the BT seems to turn back on again for a while, with no idea of what triggers the events. There is no rhyme or reason that I can make sense of, as it does not appear to be tied to any program I may be using. Sometimes, I'll start up the computer and it is not working at all from the get-go.

I personally assembled my computer about 3 years ago, I keep it updated and I did not make any major system changes in the last year or so. I only ever install a Steam game every few months, and without Bluetooth functionality I cannot reliably use my mouse and keyboard.

I read many Microsoft advice threads and tried the following:

1. Reinstalling the BT adapter through the device manager.
    2. Forcing updated drivers, even when it says they are all up to date. I manually download them and reinstalled them again.
    3. Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement from the Start Up Settings.
    4. Complete clean reinstall of Windows 10 with all the updates; which pissed me off because it did not fix anything and now all my programs have to be reinstalled!

What else can I do? My computer is unusable in this state.

:)

SpaceQuetzal, May 27, 2020
  2. welbeck09 Win User

I have lost my Bluetooth On/Off Toggle Switch

Lost my On/Off Toggle for Bluetooth

Last year whilst I was on 8.1 before my upgrade to Windows 10, I noticed that the On/Off Toggle had disappeared – see screenshot (taken when it was on 8.1).

Now I am on Windows 10 the toggle still has not reappeared.

I definitely had the On/Off option, but I think it disappeared after a routine Windows 8.1 update last year, but I cannot be sure.

Some people suggested that I should delete all the Bluetooth software on my computer, then reboot and the software will be reinstalled correctly. I have not done this because of the fear that once deleted the software to gone forever. I dont have copies of this software and it seems logical that if I delete it, then its gone.

I am using Dell Wireless 1705 Bluetooth, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator - see Device Manager Screenshot. To turn off I now have to go into Device Manager and disable it.

My Driver is Qualcomm Atheros Communications, ver 10.0.1.1 dated 28-07-2015

I can Disable/Enable the driver, but still no toggle otherwise the Bluetooth works fine.

Any suggestions.

welbeck09, May 27, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, May 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

No Bluetooth Toggle / Bluetooth Turns Off Unexpectedly

Brink, May 27, 2020
Thema:

No Bluetooth Toggle / Bluetooth Turns Off Unexpectedly

1. No Bluetooth Toggle / Bluetooth Turns Off Unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Toggle Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth on/off toggle has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on/off toggle has disappeared: I have read and followed all the feeds that mention this issue, but none of them are working. I have a Dell NIBV43Q Inspiron 3583 laptop and my Bluetooth has disappeared. It was working fine, now it is gone. It has gone in my action screen as well. Running the troubleshooter...
  3. Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off: I recently updated my Windows 10, and in the days since, my Bluetooth toogle has been locked in the off position. Whenever I try to turn Bluetooth on, it immediately turns off 1 second later as if it is locked on being switched off. What I've tried so far (with no success):...
  4. No Bluetooth on/off toggle

No Bluetooth on/off toggle: No Bluetooth on off toggle @ no Bluetooth setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bluetooth-onoff-toggle/13700816-b2b1-4c76-aabf-bba82437680a
  5. Bluetooth switch on & off toggle missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth switch on & off toggle missing: Hi, my motherboard doesn't have built in Bluetooth but I'm using a dongle. However, despite this the Bluetooth toggle doesn't appear in the action center and Bluetooth settings. Any help? The dongle I'm using. submitted by /u/YSPRIG [link] [comments]...
  6. No bluetooth on/off toggle in Bluetooth & other devices window.

No bluetooth on/off toggle in Bluetooth & other devices window.: I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my Windows 10 Acer laptop. Successfully loaded software from disc and when I plug in the adapter it is recognised and listed in the 'Bluetooth & Other Devices' devices column. However, when I try to connect to a Bluetooth speaker nothing...
  7. bluetooth toggle

bluetooth toggle: Hi, i have had to use a bluetooth keypad for the past 2 years ever since my laptop keypad stopped working after a windows update (2 years I've been waiting to get it sorted!!!). Anyway, today my bluetooth switched off and the toggle switch has disappeared. Again about the...
  8. Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 has always included support for Bluetooth hardware. Well, this support has been here for a while now. And with support for the latest version of Bluetooth 5.0 LE, it keeps getting even better. But at times some users have [...] This post Toggle to turn...
  9. Bluetooth is turned off and the toggle switch is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth is turned off and the toggle switch is missing: I installed Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse yesterday. It worked fine as soon as I connected it. Less than 24 hours later bluetooth has stopped working altogether. In the control panel the bluetooth screen shows the mouse but it says bluetooth is turned off. The toggle switch to...
  10. Simple Bluetooth On/Off toggle needed!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Bluetooth On/Off toggle needed!: How to simplify Win 10 Bluetooth so that it doesn't take four steps to get anything done ? scipt a button? 81996