Windows 10: Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication in Windows 10 Bluetooth is a short range... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by OldMike65, Dec 13, 2015.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication in Windows 10

Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each other.

There are many different types of Bluetooth enabled devices you can add and pair to your PC, such as mobile phones, wireless headsets, speakers, fitness trackers, mouse, keyboard, etc...

For more information about Bluetooth in Windows, see:
    *note If you turn on airplane mode, it will automatically turn off all Bluetooth and wireless communication. However, you will still be able to turn on or off your individual Bluetooth and wireless communication.

This tutorial will show you how to only turn on or off Bluetooth wireless communication for your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Action Center
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Bluetooth Settings
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Airplane Mode Settings
    • Option Four: To Enable or Disable Bluetooth in Device Manager

EXAMPLE: Bluetooth notification area icon shows by default when Bluetooth is turned on

Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Action Center
    1. Open Action Center (Win+A).

2. Click/tap on the Bluetooth quick action button to toggle on or off. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Bluetooth Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Bluetooth & Other devices on the left side, and turn on or off Bluetooth on the right side. (see screenshots below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Airplane Mode Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Airplane mode on the left side, and turn on or off Bluetooth on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Enable or Disable Bluetooth in Device Manager
    1. Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link menu, and click/tap on Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).

2. Do step 3 (enable) or step 4 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Enable Bluetooth
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Expand open Bluetooth in Device Manager. (see screenshot below)

B) Right click or press and hold on your Bluetooth device, click/tap on Enable device, and go to step 5 below.

4. To Disable Bluetooth
    A) Expand open Bluetooth in Device Manager. (see screenshot below)

B) Right click or press and hold on your Bluetooth device, and click/tap on Disable device.

C) Click/tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close Device Manager if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

OldMike65, Dec 13, 2015

2. 6021 Bluetooth won't turn on or off

Mine was a work phone on lease from vodafone so they collected it and replaced it with a new one.

Andrew

andrewh---01, Dec 13, 2015
  3. 6280---01 Win User
    6021 Bluetooth won't turn on or off

You might need to take it in for repair if the Bluetooth antenna won't switch off or on. It's still showing an inocrrect value.

www.nokia.co.uk/repair
    Message Edited by 6280 on 24-Oct-200708:27 PM

6280---01, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Michael, *Smile

You might see if disabling your Bluetooth device in Device Manager will turn it off. Doing this turned it off for me, and also removed the Bluetooth option from Settings.

Brink, Dec 13, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Didn't think of that, also strange since you mentioned this that in my device manager, it shows 3 different drivers for my Bluetooth ??
    I'll post a pic to show ya.

OldMike65, Dec 13, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Should I just disable those 3, OR remove the bottom 2 ?? Just wondering...

OldMike65, Dec 13, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's normal. The top one is for your actual Bluetooth adapter, and is the one you need to disable.

The other two are just for the Bluetooth services. They'll go away once the first one is disabled.

Brink, Dec 13, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Thanks Shawn, going to disable it now!!! Was just waiting your reply. *Smile

OldMike65, Dec 13, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome mate. *Smile

Brink, Dec 13, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok Shawn, its disabled, the other 2 disappeared just like you said they would, BUT its still showing on in the Action Center, but it is now removed from my taskbar. So must be a bug in Windows 10.

OldMike65, Dec 13, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Interesting that it's still showing as turned on in Action Center. You might see if restarting the computer will sort that last bit.

Brink, Dec 13, 2015
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Hahahha.......Your the best Shawn, stupid me didn't think of restarting....duh.....now its completely REMOVED from my action center, which is what I really wanted anyhow!! Nice job Shawn....as usual *Thumbs

OldMike65, Dec 13, 2015
  13. Word Man Win User

I have the same "bug" - it showed up after a recent update which, ironically, cleared an analogous problem with my airplane mode button lit up as if active when airplane mode was OFF, i.e., internet connection through wifi was fine with both wifi and airplane mode buttons lit.

I've tried disablng bluetooth, then re-enabled and downloaded a driver update - got excited at first because bluetooth button was unlit after this but, alas, the button relit inappropriately after reboot, even when "Manage bluetooth devices" shows it switched off.

Word Man, Dec 14, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Kenn, *Smile

Does disabling your Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager like how I posted for Michael also completely turn off Bluetooth for you?

Brink, Dec 14, 2015
  15. Word Man Win User
    Yes, Shawn, but only insofar as immediate effect (the button became unlit and the text on it greyed out). After making that observation, without re-enabling Bluetooth in device manager, I rebooted. Upon reboot, I find that:

• The Bluetooth button in Action center is once again lit,
    • but "Bluetooth" is gone from the Devices menu, and
    • Right clicking Bluetooth in Device Manager, presents "Enable" as an option (implying it is indeed disabled).

Word Man, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Bluetooth

2. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Bluetooth is turned off": My bluetooth says it is turned off but there is no button to turn it back on, and I have updated all of my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure all of my bluetooth services are switched to automatic and running, all while restarting my computer each time, and yet...
  3. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Bluetooth is turned off": My bluetooth says it is turned off but there is no button to turn it back on, and I have updated all of my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure all of my bluetooth services are switched to automatic and running, all while restarting my computer each time, and yet...
  4. turning bluetooth on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turning bluetooth on and off: hi. i can't turn my bluetooth on. i dont see the button of turning on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-bluetooth-on-and-off/d9c4397b-cc62-4f58-8422-0affec5dec30
  5. Bluetooth is turned off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth is turned off.: I really don't know what happened but today morning it was just fine. But a few minutes ago my headphones disconnected randomly and didn't connect. So I unplugged my TP-Link USB driver and re-inserted it. Then this issue started. "Bluetooth is turned off" text would appear...
  6. "Bluetooth is turned off"

"Bluetooth is turned off": Hi there, So I was playing a game on my PC at around 6:30 pm now 7:41 pm and I got a notification to install a Windows 10 update. So I downloaded the update, my PC restarted and when it launched back up, my Bluetooth devices were disconnected. With the message showing...
  7. Bluetooth is turned off.

Bluetooth is turned off.: Why does windows keep saying bluetooth is turned off without the toggle in settings to turn it back on? It happens each time I log in. Every time I want to turn on bluetooth I never choose to turn it off I have to disable and re-enable the bluetooth adapter in device manager....
  8. "Bluetooth is turned off"

"Bluetooth is turned off": Hello, last night I was using my Bluetooth speaker, and later my Bluetooth headphones, all the way until midnight with no issue whatsoever. This morning when I woke up, I tried turning on my speaker again but it wouldn't connect to my computer. I checked my Bluetooth settings...
  9. Bluetooth is Turned Off

Bluetooth is Turned Off: When i tried to Pair my Wireless Headphone, my Notebook Shows "Bluetooth is turned Off". And whe i go to Device manager to Fix that, it Shows "WIndows has stopped this Device Because it has Reported a Problem Code 43". I've Already Run a Troubleshoot for Bluetooth and it...
  10. Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on

Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on: Hi I have an ongoing intermittent issue with Windows 10 (up to date and feature 1803) and Bluetooth in which my Bluetooth will turn off / disappear when using my Dell Precision 7520 laptop so my Bluetooth mouse stops working. This happens once a month or so and after...