Windows 10: No context menu in OneDrive directory

Discus and support No context menu in OneDrive directory in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; From a while back I noticed that there is no context menu for OneDrive when clicking files or folders in the OneDrive directory. Today I updated to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SwiftR, Oct 18, 2017.

1. SwiftR Win User

No context menu in OneDrive directory

From a while back I noticed that there is no context menu for OneDrive when clicking files or folders in the OneDrive directory. Today I updated to the Fall Creators Update and the new OneDrive and there's still no context menu so I can't properly use the new on-demand feature.

What do I need to do to get the context menu working? I can't find much information on this... Resetting OneDrive doesn't solve the issue.

:)

SwiftR, Oct 18, 2017

2. disable the start menu search

I either need to disable the start menu search or limit it not to show files in certain directories.

also I need to remove the open file menu context menu option.

windows 10 1703

DarrellMilam, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Java error code 1603 in windows 10

Seems to be lots of "fixes" for this on the net. This one worked for me.

Opened the directory C:\ProgramData\Oracle\

Deleted the sub directory in there called JAVA.

Ran the installer and it re created it but still failed.

Ran the takeownership context menu setting to get full rights to the JAVA directory.

Search for takeownership in google.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/win...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Ran the installer again and it worked , filling a few entries into the Java directory.

Obviously a permission issue.

MikeWatson99, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 18, 2017
  5. SwiftR Win User
    Thank you!

Unfortunately the issue is not with the new OneDrive only... I've followed the instructions on the yellow tip box but the context menu never appears. Here's an example of my context menu:

No context menu in OneDrive directory [​IMG]

SwiftR, Oct 18, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Just to verify, did you download and run the OneDriveSetup.exe file from the tip box?

Brink, Oct 18, 2017
  7. SwiftR Win User
    Affirm.

SwiftR, Oct 18, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 18, 2017
  9. SwiftR Win User
    That did not work. I have emptied the recycle bin online and restarted the computer to make sure OneDrive fetches new information.

Yes, OneDrive is showing in the notification area:

No context menu in OneDrive directory [​IMG]

SwiftR, Oct 18, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 18, 2017
  11. SwiftR Win User
    I had UAC disabled from a command:
    Code: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f[/quote] That's what was causing the problem. Switching EnableLUA back to 1 and then disabling UAC from the UI works perfectly after a reboot.

SwiftR, Oct 31, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. Thank you for posting back with your results. *Smile

Brink, Oct 31, 2017
  13. mike1010 Win User

That's what was causing the problem. Switching EnableLUA back to 1 and then disabling UAC from the UI works perfectly after a reboot.[/quote] I'm having the same problem. No context menu in File Explorer for OneDrive (Business) with Windows 10 Fall Creators (I didn't have it with Anniversary update either).

How can I repeat these steps? I'm not too tech-y so would need a layman's explanation.

Also I have AVG running, which might be a problem.

Thank you

mike1010, Jan 24, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Mike, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file below to set the EnableUA DWORD to 1 to enable UAC (the default setting). Afterwards, restart the computer to apply.

Enable_UAC.reg

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No context menu in OneDrive directory - Similar Threads - context menu OneDrive

2. Where is the OneDrive context menu folder in "regedit"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the OneDrive context menu folder in "regedit": Hello!I am trying to add an option to the OneDrive context menu. Basically, all OneDrive files have their OneDrive context menu such as "show online" and I want to add one.I already know how to add context menu points, but I don't wish to create one that activates for all...
  3. Where is the OneDrive context menu folder in "regedit"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the OneDrive context menu folder in "regedit": Hello!I am trying to add an option to the OneDrive context menu. Basically, all OneDrive files have their OneDrive context menu such as "show online" and I want to add one.I already know how to add context menu points, but I don't wish to create one that activates for all...
  4. OneDrive context menu options Windows Shell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive context menu options Windows Shell: Hello. I want to eliminate specific OneDrive options that appear in the Context Menu when I right-click on the File Explorer. I don't want to eliminate all the OneDrive options: just specific ones, like "Free up space" and "Storage at 85%: Get more". Is it possible? Thank you...
  5. No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909

No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909: Hi, I've just done a clean installation of Windows 10 on a formatted drive. I've updated to version 1909 Build 18363.900. I'm running OneDrive version 2020 Build 20.064.0329.0008. There's no Context Menu for OneDrive when I click on any files in the OneDrive folder in...
  6. Onedrive - Create a link when there's no context menu

Onedrive - Create a link when there's no context menu: Hi, I want to share a 56 MB file with a friend using Onedrive. I add to 'shared favourites' on Onedrive and then right click, however the context menu simply has 'share' as an option which displays a dialogue where you can choose an email address and it will then send an...
  7. context menue

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  8. remove OneDrive options from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove OneDrive options from context menu: [ATTACH] how do i remove onedrive options from this context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive-options-from-context-menu/a3938520-a49d-401e-a5a6-29e6f01f5a26
  9. OneDrive context menu in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive context menu in build 9879: I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone? It was a nice easy way of moving things off your hard disk. Attachment 8233 2900
  10. Context menu to create new folder, *from directory and/or drive*?

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu to create new folder, *from directory and/or drive*?: Shawn had posted excellent tutorials for restoring the registry settings for restoring the "NEW" context menu for creating new folders, but those default settings only apply to right-clicking on the background (blank desktop space or in file explorer away from folders), or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no context menu onedrive

2. onedrive context menu not worked

3. onedrive right click menu not opened

4. onedrive context menu not working uac,
  5. onedrive right click menu missing UAC,
  6. onedrive context menu missing uac,
  7. onedrive explorer no context menu,
  8. one drive no context menu,
  9. onedrive missing context menu uac,
  10. onedrive no contestual menu