Windows 10: No internet access after recent unknown updates

Discus and support No internet access after recent unknown updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have already tried everything I can find that discusses the subject around the policy permissions and making sure I have everything set correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patricesmith001, Mar 1, 2020.

1. No internet access after recent unknown updates

I have already tried everything I can find that discusses the subject around the policy permissions and making sure I have everything set correctly under Administrator.

It even lost reset points.

It won't stay changed when I get everything correct.

I don't want to lose my programs like Office 16 I have as download.not disc.

:)

Patricesmith001, Mar 1, 2020

2. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

Welcome to TenForums @wolf145

You don't say where you found these threads, but we have some tutorials here on TenForums on that subject which probably cover the steps you took.

Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Note that the second one on 'how to clear the lists' basically says turn it off then on again. I'm afraid your lists may well have been cleared by now. The frequent places in your quick access will rebuild its list as you use the PC, but there's no way to retrieve an old list. You'll have to recreate it by revisiting those places I'm afraid.

If you have been relying on these quick access links as your primary way to find places you want, then once you have rebuilt the list you can right-click on the important ones and choose 'Pin to Quick access' to make them permanent.

Bree, Mar 1, 2020
  4. No internet access after recent unknown updates

Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

No internet access after recent unknown updates

1. No internet access after recent unknown updates - Similar Threads - internet access recent

2. Lost internet connection after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet connection after recent update: I was able to get back internet connection after I rolled back. Please address this. Previously I was able to roll back to fix the problem of blank screen of my acer aspire 5 laptop. But the update process eventually put back the bad changes, now I have to use ubuntu if I...
  3. Lost internet connection after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost internet connection after recent update: I was able to get back internet connection after I rolled back. Please address this. Previously I was able to roll back to fix the problem of blank screen of my acer aspire 5 laptop. But the update process eventually put back the bad changes, now I have to use ubuntu if I...
  4. Wifi keeps getting disconnected and shows no internet access after a recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps getting disconnected and shows no internet access after a recent update.: My wifi on windows 11 is not working anymore for some reason. First there's no internet access at all and on top of that it keeps getting disconnected. Before disconnecting a message is shown on the networks setting that says "Your device can only access other devices on your...
  5. Wifi keeps getting disconnected and shows no internet access after a recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps getting disconnected and shows no internet access after a recent update.: My wifi on windows 11 is not working anymore for some reason. First there's no internet access at all and on top of that it keeps getting disconnected. Before disconnecting a message is shown on the networks setting that says "Your device can only access other devices on your...
  6. Recently Internet access is really slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently Internet access is really slow: Win 10 20H2 PCs on a network, 100MBs NICs and switch, FIOS service 75 GBs Up/Down The internet is so slow that signing into OneDrive fails repeatably with error messages like we can't find that IP address but it eventually connects This problem occurs on all PCs on the...
  7. No Internet Access in Wifi after recent Windows Update

No Internet Access in Wifi after recent Windows Update: Dear Microsoft Community, I have been experiencing some issue with the recent Windows Updates for Windows 10. I believe you are already aware, WIFI indicator frequently shows No Internet Access and application frequently disconnect. Especially MS Teams. I have tried...
  8. Recent update, no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update, no internet: Tried plugging manually and through my wifi, only my PC has issues. Reinstalled network adapter, turned off firewall, nothing. Trying to uninstall the update to see if it works, otherwise I'll have to rollback. Any other solutions? Sick of this garbage OS. Edit: uninstalling...
  9. slow internet after most recent update

slow internet after most recent update: My last update, about a week ago, font changed, and internet connection is spotty. Wish I could go back. Do you have a patch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-after-most-recent-update/98a0c17e-7824-402e-870a-23be79de4dc4
  10. Internet keeps dropping after recent update

Internet keeps dropping after recent update: My internet keeps dropping out after a recent update. I have windows 10. It connects fine but then will randomly disconnect and reconnect again. I have tried every update I can find. Ran troubleshooting - it found a problem and fixed it - but it's still happening. I have...