Windows 10: No menu dots on MS Store first time opend after boot.

Discus and support No menu dots on MS Store first time opend after boot. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The first time I open Microsoft Store after booting the three dots for selecting the menu are missing. After closing the app and reopening it they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George JK, Jul 22, 2018.

1. George JK Win User

No menu dots on MS Store first time opend after boot.

The first time I open Microsoft Store after booting the three dots for selecting the menu are missing. After closing the app and reopening it they are there and work normally. First image is first time store opened after booting and the second is subsequent opens of MS Store. Whay?

No menu dots on MS Store first time opend after boot. 58b3c21a-3c64-44dc-a1bf-eabd1ed08946?upload=true.jpg

No menu dots on MS Store first time opend after boot. 26d083f7-acb2-4184-94b6-357d134bf1b3?upload=true.jpg

:)

George JK, Jul 22, 2018

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Boot Menu

Hi Harieo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Refer the thread below and check if it helps.

How to restore missing dual boot menu in latest Windows 10 build

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• While at boot on the Choose an operating system screen, click/tap on
      Change defaults or choose other options at the bottom.
    • Click/tap on Choose other options.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

• Windows logo on a black screen
    • circling dots appear beneath the logo
    • light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    • a command prompt window (very briefly)
    • the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. No menu dots on MS Store first time opend after boot. - Similar Threads - menu dots Store

2. First time issue on Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First time issue on Store: This is the first time im having error on my Windows 10 PC. All is working and updates are good on my device, running smooth however today I cant open Store. I got this error code 0x80131500. Someone help me with this....
  3. First time issue on Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First time issue on Store: This is the first time im having error on my Windows 10 PC. All is working and updates are good on my device, running smooth however today I cant open Store. I got this error code 0x80131500. Someone help me with this....
  4. First time issue on Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Where is My Library then ??? in MS Store 3 dots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is My Library then ??? in MS Store 3 dots: This is the real problem and I wanted RE-INSTALL Microsoft Flight simulatorand now I also I dont see that my library is missingI don't have a x-Box, I play MSFS2020, Now the PC starts Up in a kind off x-box mode, How can I reset that, to play MSFS2020 Help--help--...
  6. Where is My Library then ??? in MS Store 3 dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is My Library then ??? in MS Store 3 dots: This is the real problem and I wanted RE-INSTALL Microsoft Flight simulatorand now I also I dont see that my library is missingI don't have a x-Box, I play MSFS2020, Now the PC starts Up in a kind off x-box mode, How can I reset that, to play MSFS2020 Help--help--...
  7. Failing to boot first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Failing to boot first time: My Mum's sent me a video of her Windows 10 PC booting and what appears to happen is the first time it loads the blue recovery screen which says "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" and then she clicks on the left button and it boots fine or sometimes after she types...
  8. Won't boot first time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't boot first time: When I have the AMD FX9370 installed, my computer won't boot first time. Never does. I hold the power button until it shuts off and press it again for a 2nd boot with zero issues. When the FX8350 is installed it does boot first try. The board was an msi 970a G46 with an...
  9. windows 10 start menu freezing first time after boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 start menu freezing first time after boot.: I have windows 10 pro 1803. After every reboot of my PC the Start menu icons don't seem to work(Ions are little greyed out).They are clickable but they don't do any actions. This is solved if I close and open the Start menu again. Any permanent fix Note 1 : This doesn't...
  10. toolbar menu first time after boot very slow to display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    toolbar menu first time after boot very slow to display: I have a toolbar with about 25 items, mostly just shortcuts to various programs. When I first left click on the toolbar name in the taskbar, it can take 5-10 seconds to display the menu. I've tried to determine which (if just one) item that is causing the slowdown, but am...