Windows 10: No option to include folder into a library

Discus and support No option to include folder into a library in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I'm missing Windows 7 options I'm trying to follow this tutorial for Windows 10 Now the problem is that as you can see in screenshot below I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zebal, Mar 3, 2019.

1. zebal Win User

No option to include folder into a library

Since I'm missing Windows 7 options I'm trying to follow this tutorial for Windows 10

Now the problem is that as you can see in screenshot below I don't have "Library" explorer subfolder in navigation pane nor do I have the option to "Library tools -> manage" in ribon of Windows explorer:

No option to include folder into a library L756GWfgTeyGyXb86jgP7A.png

edit:
    why is my image not visible?
    I did as explained here

edit2: image
    http://i.prntscr.com/L756GWfgTeyGyXb86jgP7A.png

:)

zebal, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 4, 2019
  4. No option to include folder into a library

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

No option to include folder into a library

1. No option to include folder into a library - Similar Threads - option include folder

2. Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library: Hello,I can't add a folder to my Documents Library. Here is what happens:I create a folder Temp in my C: drive.I right-click the Temp folder and click "Include in Library Documents". This appears to work.When I go to Documents Library, I cannot see Temp. Furthermore, a search...
  3. Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Can't include or add or see folder in Library: Hello,I can't add a folder to my Documents Library. Here is what happens:I create a folder Temp in my C: drive.I right-click the Temp folder and click "Include in Library Documents". This appears to work.When I go to Documents Library, I cannot see Temp. Furthermore, a search...
  4. My Pictures Library Now includes <folder name>-<Month>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Pictures Library Now includes <folder name>-<Month>: Something strange happened with the last Windows 10 update. When I view the 'My Pictures' library, I now see my folder name, say 2020 (for the year), and then windows is now display 2020-3, 2020-4, 2020-5, etc. So it's adding groups by month. These folders don't exist, so...
  5. Duplicate libraries-library folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  6. Windows Media Player - Windows Library - The Folder could not be included in Pictures -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player - Windows Library - The Folder could not be included in Pictures -...: Dear Microsoft Support, I just upload my collection of pictures to an Micro Sd Card and was planning to use Windows 10 Windows Media Player 12 to display them in random order in my desktop to refresh my old good times... Everything was going well until I hit folder number...
  7. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  8. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive...
  9. Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10: How to: Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 How to Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be...
  10. Include Folder to Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Include Folder to Library in Windows 10: How to: Include Folder or Drive to Library in Windows 10 How to Include Folder or Drive to a Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can include folders and drives to a library as you...