Windows 10: No Project Spartan in Build 10049

Discus and support No Project Spartan in Build 10049 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gallicbear, Apr 15, 2015.

1. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet Browser loading. That big picture goes off after a few seconds. Meanwhile Internet Explorer is still on the taskbar as the Microsoft browser. I got 10049 by downloading updates on the Fast-ring. Any ideas? I do live in the US and thought it was available here with 10049.

:)

gallicbear, Apr 15, 2015

2. spartan does not open

Project Spartan does nor open all the time in Windows build 10130

A small window opens and then disappears after a few seconds

NitishBhukhanwala, Apr 15, 2015
  3. Edge won't stop loading. Blue spinning circle of death for days & days. What's going on with Microsoft Edge?

What is the "Project Spartan" homepage?

gloria******, Apr 15, 2015
  4. NickTh Win User

No Project Spartan in Build 10049

Probably something went wrong during the installation. Similar problem here:
    Solved Updating to 10049 has become slower and for no apparent reason. - Windows 10 Forums .
    An interesting read on how a new install differs from an upgrade in that matter:
    Microsoft has released its new browser Spartan, heres what you need to know
    I don't know if a reinstall of Spartan could help, or even if it's possible, but I would suggest also reading this tutorial:
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums
    and think of a clean install.

NickTh, Apr 15, 2015
  5. Thanks, NickTh. I'll just wait for the next build and the problem just should be fixed then with that installation.

gallicbear, Apr 15, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Chances are, your systems is basically hosed now. You will probably have to do a reinstall, although you may try using sfc /scannow to try and fix it.

Mystere, Apr 15, 2015
  7. Actually, it gradually fixed itself. Don't know how, but the 3rd time I tried, about 24 hours later, it finally loaded the browser. Now it's usable; it just hasn't replaced IE in the taskbar. But I can live with that. Windows 10 is definitely full of surprises... I had installed 10049 on another PC. The install went much faster, and it replaced IE as Microsoft's browser. Strange, how two PCs can act so different!

gallicbear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Project Spartan in Build 10049

1. No Project Spartan in Build 10049 - Similar Threads - Project Spartan Build

2. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  3. Project Spartan fails to open

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan fails to open: Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as...
  4. Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan: I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this? 5004
  5. Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...

in Browsers and Email
    Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...: I am a developer who currently has a web application that calls a COM object on the PC that IE is running on. With Project Spartan I'm aware that they are getting rid of Active X which is the method we used to be able to do this. What I'm looking for is what is the...
  6. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  7. Unable to Activate Build 10049

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Activate Build 10049: Several Days ago I updated my 10041 build to 10049. When I went to This Pc I was told it was not activated. I tried to activate on line but was asked for the product key. That I don't have nor can I find one on the web for my 64bit version. Do I really need to activate?...
  8. Build 10049 didn't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10049 didn't install: Hi there. I am dualbooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 TP on a laptop. I downloaded 10049 overnight with Windows Update. When I got back to the laptop this morning, it had a brief error message saying, "Cannot install 10049 on a virtual drive". That's where Build 9926 is...
  9. Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build: Yesterday, we announced that Windows 10 will ship with a brand new browser, codenamed “Project Spartan.” Designed for Windows 10, Spartan provides a more interoperable, reliable, and discoverable experience with advanced features including the ability to annotate on web...
  10. Windows 10: Project Spartan makes an appearance in build 10009

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Project Spartan makes an appearance in build 10009: [img] Not too long ago we've seen images of build 10009 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview leak on the web. The same people group that released the last set of images have now released more images that show a rather interesting new feature that is present in build...