Windows 10: No sound from Youtube or Vimeo but sound ok in some other sites -

Discus and support No sound from Youtube or Vimeo but sound ok in some other sites - in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Need some help please. We installed Windows 10 a couple of months ago and everything was working fine. Suddenly, we noticed that no sound is coming... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Toto, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Toto Win User

No sound from Youtube or Vimeo but sound ok in some other sites -

Need some help please. We installed Windows 10 a couple of months ago and everything was working fine. Suddenly, we noticed that no sound is coming from some videos we're watching. Mainly sites like YouTube, Facebook. We thought of refreshing Windows 10 setup but aren't sure about the 'apps' that'll need to be re-installed. Some of our apps are pre-installed when we bought the computer. We are not very tech-smart but can do some simple fixes.
    Is there any other way of fixing this sound problem? Perhaps there is a Microsoft update we are missing? Our computer is set to update automatically though.
    Or, is it because YouTube changed their sound system that is now incompatible with Windows 10? We can hear the sound in some other videos, however, coming from other websites. It's kind of sporadic. But, those from YouTube is consistently without a sound.
    Thank you. Appreciate any help.

:)

2. VicDemise Win User

Windows 10 update disabled video on youtube, facebook etc

Just had a HUGE Windows update (1-14-2018) that managed to undo and mess up several things about my system (sound was disabled- fixed, touchscreen was re-enabled, fixed) but the biggest issue is that now no video will play on facebook, youtube, vimeo,
    and possibly other sites.

My Flash is up to date.

Any thoughts on this?

VicDemise, Mar 18, 2016
  3. help me

if the OP is referring to YouTube videos, and embedded YouTube videos, then these should play without any problems. For videos OTHER than YouTube that are embedded or on other sites such as Vimeo, then the user may run into issues.

another alternative as Farby has rightly stated is to download a YouTube download/playback client from the Store and install and use that.

adrianhughesNSD, Mar 18, 2016
  4. No sound from Youtube or Vimeo but sound ok in some other sites -

Is the sound issue just when using the Edge browser? Have you tried using Chrome or Firefox to see if the sound plays correctly?

cflusflwfl, Mar 21, 2016
  5. Toto Win User
    When using Edge, there is sound from certain sites such as some of the MSN videos and ESPN. When using Firefox, there is no sound at all from any sites. The PC uses 64-bit OS and has Windows 10 Pro ver 1511. Thanks.

6. Have you downloaded and installed Adobe flash player that works in Windows 10
    As that will enable you tube to work

Make sure you get it from their site otherwise you could end up with stuff you don't wont

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

hTconeM9user, Mar 22, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    How long ago is "suddenly" ?
    Can you recall a date when you were able to have sound watching you-tube ?
    If yes, do a system restore. Pick a date when you did have sound in you-tube as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Mar 22, 2016
  8. Toto Win User

We thought of System Restore but couldn't be sure when it started and what files we may lose if we do it. Also thought of reset but lots of apps will be lost and some we don't have the programs on hand. We do have the Adobe Flash Player. I noticed just now a Firefox suggested 'Add On' from the 'YouTube Flash Player drop down. Maybe I'll try that and see what happens. Will let you know.

9. AbleSugar Win User
    I have been fighting with this issue for a couple of months. It did not start for me when I upgraded to W10 from W7.
    It started immediately after an Adobe Flash Player update (I think it was 21.0.0.182).
    Irritates the heck out of me. Speaker test works fine. Any Flash Player video's the speakers work great.
    Anything else, including Windows Media player wont play through the speakers, just the headphones.
    Even though I don't use Edge, It wont let me uninstall Adobe Flash-its built into W10 Edge. The update section of Flash is greyed out so I can't do anything there.
    I am reluctant to attempt a restore because of a bad experience and because I am certain it is Adobe's fault and am hoping maybe their next update (if my computer will install it) will fix it. Meanwhile, I am having to use my headphones for 3/4's of the sites I go to.
    There is probably something easy that I have missed but darned if I know what it is.
    edit: Forgot to mention, HP Pavilion 6653 desktop.

AbleSugar, Mar 28, 2016
  10. AbleSugar Win User
    Bump. Sniff-- I still can't listen to the music without headphones.

AbleSugar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound from Youtube or Vimeo but sound ok in some other sites - - Similar Threads - sound Youtube Vimeo

2. No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...: Hello to every techie people here. Hope anyone can help me please. When I was listening to the music in Youtube there is no sound. I have checked the sound in YT and it's turned on. I have checked other websites that need sound like Merriam Webster, movie channels still there...
  3. No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...: Hello to every techie people here. Hope anyone can help me please. When I was listening to the music in Youtube there is no sound. I have checked the sound in YT and it's turned on. I have checked other websites that need sound like Merriam Webster, movie channels still there...
  4. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound from youtube video on pc: Suddenly no sound is heard when a you tube video is selected on this Windows 10 PC. Has always worked fine until now. All PC sound tests display no problems and no changes have been made.YouTube suggests it may be Adobe Flash Player issue. Any advice....Please?Desktop -...
  5. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound from youtube video on pc: Suddenly no sound is heard when a you tube video is selected on this Windows 10 PC. Has always worked fine until now. All PC sound tests display no problems and no changes have been made.YouTube suggests it may be Adobe Flash Player issue. Any advice....Please?Desktop -...
  6. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unable to watch videos in Youtube and from other sites.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to watch videos in Youtube and from other sites.: Hi, Unable to watch videos in Youtube and from other sites. The videos pause and buffer. I hit play and the video plays for a little while and stops. Despite the video buffering to the end of the clip it stays on pause. When I hit play it plays for a few seconds then...
  8. Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos: Since the update a few months ago, my sound does not work for YouTube and some other videos. It works for anything on my computer. Settings all show not muted. Sound meter shows volume is turned up. Sound drivers have been updated. Troubleshooter not detecting problem....
  9. Sound on youtub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound on youtub: I have a problem with Youtube sound since it is really too quiet. When I turn on the audio file, it starts to sound normally in the beginning and then is getting quieter. I have to go to Realtek settings to make just one song sounds louder. And I have to repeat these steps...
  10. No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound: This morning everything was fine then after a while I lost all audio and got muted laggy playback on YouTube. I'm using Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134. My speaker is an Amazon Basics BSK20 Bluetooth unit. I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider when the sound cut out. The volume...