Windows 10: No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience!

Discus and support No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Following search results, I have tried the "scannow" and 'reinstall all Windows apps' suggestions. Scannow found no errors, and reinstalling Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fastartcee, Jan 6, 2016.

1. No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience!

Following search results, I have tried the "scannow" and 'reinstall all Windows apps' suggestions. Scannow found no errors, and reinstalling Windows apps did nothing to help. When I click on the Start button (that usually brings up the Programs Menu, I get the little twirling blue icon for about 5 or 6 seconds, then... nothing. Cortana is dead, or away on vacation.

BTW, all my Taskbar program icons work, all the system tray icons (except 'Notifications') work, and a right click on the Start button brings up the usual context menu. Also, I tried installing Start10, but that didn't work either.

Is there anything I can try instead of a reinstall?? Thanks for any suggestions.

(I also need hair-growing advice, 'cuz I've pulled all mine out!)

Art

:)

fastartcee, Jan 6, 2016
  2. ...No... Win User

Shift Lock On Windows 10

Hello,how do I enable shift lock on Windows 10? Somebody help!!!

...No..., Jan 6, 2016
  3. Have no start menu no cortana and no edge have tried using powershell commands with no effect. No security updates can be downloaded this is very serious! When will you offer a fix ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suspect the user profile might have been corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:

1. Click on start menu and select settings.

2. Click on Accounts.

3. Under accounts select your accounts.

4. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

5. Enter the Microsoft password if prompted.

6. Follow the on screen instructions to configure Local account.

7. Restart your PC.

Follow the same steps and change to Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 6, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience!

JohnC, Jan 7, 2016
  5. It's hard to believe that a glitch in a supposedly modern OS would require a reinstall! Win10 worked for months, then one day (after an update?) there is no Start Menu! Surely MS knows what the fault is, and how to correct it short of a reinstall. But maybe not.

Also, I've received scant advice from Win 10 Forums members; did I post to the wrong board?

fastartcee, Jan 8, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Do you create restore points regularly ?
    If you do, perhaps an alternative is to do a system restore. Pick a date when you did NOT have these problems as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Jan 8, 2016
  7. JohnC,

After trying the various suggestions, I bit the bullet and did Windows 10 reset, which, of course, involved re-installing various programs and apps. But I now have full functionality again. I hope it stays that way! *Wink

Art

fastartcee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience!

1. No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience! - Similar Threads - Start Menu Page

2. Start menu and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  3. Start menu and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  4. start menu and cortana

in Cortana
    start menu and cortana: start menu and cortana do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-cortana/af6eb818-795d-4653-9bb3-28c3706de982
  5. Start Menu and Cortana Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Working: So for the past couple of months I've been dealing with this issue. I managed to fix a couple of other issues with my computer, mainly wifi driver issues but I still can't open up my start menu or cortana. Another Issue I have are daily blue screens from driver failure fslx....
  6. start menu is not working and cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu is not working and cortana: suddenly my start menu and cortana is not working please help fast 33252
  7. Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally: My 1 year old child was mashing the keyboard and now I can't get the search results to show normal size anymore. It's currently unusable. See screenshot. [img] 80241
  8. Cortana and Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Start Menu Not Working: After the most recent Windows Update, the Start Menu and Cortana stopped working. You can't type in the search bar and can't click on anything in the Start Menu. This is Windows 10 on a Dell XPS that was originally Windows 7. I tried a bunch of things and when I did a sfc...
  9. No Start Menu? No Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu? No Cortana?: Everything was working ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY with build 10041. As of 7:00 p.m. central time 3/22/2014. Now, I log into my computer this morning and nothing Start is just not working. I can't get into settings (any way that I know) to revert back. Can someone please assist in...
  10. Start, Cortana and notifications don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Cortana and notifications don't work: When I click on start the start menu doesn't come up and notifications like reminders don't work any more. I don't get reminded of the set reminders. Also, when I click on the notifications button the notifications menu doesn't come up. Cortana, also, won't come up when I...