Windows 10: No system clock after Windows 10 1903 update

Discus and support No system clock after Windows 10 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I recently installed Windows 10 1903 and my system clock is hidden after every reboot/logout. I did some googling and found that it's theme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lulzforme, Jun 5, 2019.

1. lulzforme Win User

No system clock after Windows 10 1903 update

Hi.

I recently installed Windows 10 1903 and my system clock is hidden after every reboot/logout. I did some googling and found that it's theme related. I changed the theme several times, deleted old themes, etc. It solves the problem and system clock does show up, but only temporarily, after reboot it's gone.
    No system clock after Windows 10 1903 update 1320903e-03fb-4887-b985-02939c9429e8?upload=true.png
    Things I tried so far:

1. Settings > Turn system icons on or off. No result, clock is off even after flipping the switch on/off.

2. Change theme/wallpaper. Temporarily works, clock now shows up, but after reboot/logout it disappears again.

3. Fiddling with Windows Time Service. I even did w32tm /unregister > Reboot > w32tm /register > net start w32time > w32tm /resync in PowerShell. No changes, clock dosen't show up.

4. Unlocking taskbar and dragging it to the other side of the screen. Works, clock shows up, but after reboot/logout it disappears again.

5. Restarting Explorer. Works, clock shows up, but after reboot/logout it disappears again.

To sum things up. I wasted 3 hours (so far) of my life trying to FIX SYSTEM CLOCK. Fix. System. Clock. Really. I don't want to restart explorer every time I log into Windows. It shouldn't be an issue at all. It's truly beyond me how this bug could have slipped past QA.

Is there any way to fix it?

I hope it will be solved.

:)

lulzforme, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2019
  4. No system clock after Windows 10 1903 update

Windows 10, version 1903 update failure

Hmm, this is Windows 10 1809 which is the most recent release which is now being succeeded by Windows 10 1903.

I would carry out the steps from my initial reply to reset your Windows Update components.

Also review the following:

12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-comput...

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 1903

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Your configuration might not be listed yet, since it is just rolling out.

Ultimately, I would wait until the ISO file is available then upgrade offline using these steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

No system clock after Windows 10 1903 update

1. No system clock after Windows 10 1903 update - Similar Threads - system clock 1903

2. System freezes after Windows 10 1903 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System freezes after Windows 10 1903 update.: Ok, this started to happen after I upgraded to 1903. Basically, if I left PC running for a long period of time (2-4h), it cannot be resumed at all, black screen, it is dead. Power management on High, set to never suspend PC or hard drives. How to debug this? Thanks....
  3. Window's 10 Build 1903 is not updated on system information.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window's 10 Build 1903 is not updated on system information.: I've tried every tool that Microsoft recommends for trying to fix this but nothing works. Currently, I am on build version 18362 and when I check for an update it tells me I'm already updated to the latest version build 1903 which is not the case. Please refer to the images...
  4. My laptop can't run lower clock speed than base clock speed after windows 10 1903 update,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop can't run lower clock speed than base clock speed after windows 10 1903 update,...: So I just updated to windows 10 1903 and realized that Microsoft developer maybe somehow disabled lower clockspeed for my laptop.... and the only clock speed it runs while idle is the base clock, it cant runs any lower than that.... I don't know what is Microsoft devloper...
  5. Enable Clock speed limit in Windows 10 1903

Enable Clock speed limit in Windows 10 1903: It seems like windows 10 1903 has disabled the clock speed limit in power options... any way to turn it back on again? Thanks for reading![ATTACH]...
  6. System exception not handled after updating to 1903

System exception not handled after updating to 1903: Hey there everyone, been having issues updating to 1903 and i can't figure out why not. The update itself works fine and I'm able to restart the pc, after the restart i get a installing updates screen after the windows logo then it restarts again. After the second restart,...
  7. Windows 10 May Update 1903, System Error

Windows 10 May Update 1903, System Error: i did a clean install on a new pc and it seems after updating all drivers and using windows updates there were some "system errors". is it normal for me not to see both intel and nvidia settings on system tray, also by checking System Information under error control there was...
  8. Problem with system clock after update to Windows 10 ver 1809 . . .

Problem with system clock after update to Windows 10 ver 1809 . . .: I'm able to sinc my system clock with the internet time, but after a random amount of time it jumps ahead by 13 hours and 57 minutes. What was for example 12:00pm on 12/18 becomes 01:57am on 12/19. I reset the time and once again after awhile it jumps ahead again by 13...
  9. Windows 10 clock running slow after update

Windows 10 clock running slow after update: Since the last update my clock keeps running slow. This seems to happen every time there's an update! Is there a permanent fix!!...
  10. System clock won't update

in Windows 10 Support
    System clock won't update: Hello, let's see if someone can help me out with this; yesterday I noticed my system clock was not updating, and in the Event Viewer I saw this message: "The time provider 'VMICTimeProvider' has indicated that the current hardware and operating environment is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. indows update 1903 slow

2. start up sound timing change 1903 windows