Windows 10: No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

Discus and support No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit. I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wayne_MCSE, Nov 30, 2019.

1. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem was with headphones plugged in the laptop, the battery would drain significantly in sleep mode and Hibernation. I believe headphones are powered by the USB power delivery.

Everything I look into says go to advanced power settings and change it there. My settings do not have that option. I have Balanced power (only): Desktop background settings, sleep, power buttons and lid, display, and battery.

:)

Wayne_MCSE, Nov 30, 2019

2. No power at usb

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

"I have checked and followed the instructions in Device Manager, Trouble shooting , settings, update driver and audio within the computer

Also various links within this forum with no success"

What troubleshooting steps did you try to resolve the issue?

I would suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check:

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If you think that it is the power that is causing this, run the Power Troubleshooter.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 30, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Problem with Advanced Power Settings

For System file checker error :
    Right Click Start Menu, type services.msc and press Enter.
    Look down the list for Windows Modules Installer make sure it is set to manual.

DISM Error 87 may be due to putting it in wrong.

It is looking more like need to repair this install. Windows 10 came on this when you bought it used. correct ? Either try Recovery options to reset the laptop without loosing any files. I do not know if upgrade was most likely done first as it is an older laptop, it should of been done first as you had to, to be activated then.

Option # 2 since i believe it is not UEFI BIOS Reset Windows 10

Also suggest if you do not already have to make a disc or USB Bootable Flash Drive, good to have.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

jds63, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

1. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings - Similar Threads - USB Power Options

2. The power options are missing on MS Windows 11 Pro and even USB settings in advanced power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The power options are missing on MS Windows 11 Pro and even USB settings in advanced power...: This seems like a common issue, and it has never been there. I have tried all the commands and recommendations I even installed clean windows 11 and i have tried all the commands i have seen and it will show the power option that the command I type on command prompt, but they...
  3. The power options are missing on MS Windows 11 Pro and even USB settings in advanced power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The power options are missing on MS Windows 11 Pro and even USB settings in advanced power...: This seems like a common issue, and it has never been there. I have tried all the commands and recommendations I even installed clean windows 11 and i have tried all the commands i have seen and it will show the power option that the command I type on command prompt, but they...
  4. Multimedia Settings is not listed in advanced power options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multimedia Settings is not listed in advanced power options: [ATTACH] Windows won't turn my display off or go to sleep anymore (since 2 weeks or so). I did not change anything and I don't know since when my advanced power option settings don't have the Multimedia stuff anymore... I tried to get them back by doing this...
  5. Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?: My wife's Dell computer has a lot more options in the Advance Power settings. Including "USB Settings". Why would my HP Envy 32 not have those options? I have USB devices plugged in. Like my mouse, a hard drive, an m-disc drive....
  6. Missing most settings in the "Advanced power options"

Missing most settings in the "Advanced power options": I have a new dell vostro 7500 with win 10 2004. When I got to advanced power options under any of the power plans, I don't see many of the options I normally see. here is all i see https://ibb.co/kxgZLrT I tried the instructions on the following page, but my regedit does...
  7. Missing some advanced settings in my power options

Missing some advanced settings in my power options: What I'm trying to find : https://postimg.cc/KRGR7BSB What options I see : https://postimg.cc/9wFC9PRf submitted by /u/listeningovertalking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k97hxe/missing_some_advanced_settings_in_my_power_options/
  8. advanced power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  9. Advanced power options hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced power options hidden: My laptop has most of its advanced power options hidden away, including Intel dynamic platform, processor state and bunch of other things. Creating a new power plan, updating BIOS, disabled virtualization and even refreshed windows but nothing worked. I did manage to find...
  10. Missing Advanced Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Advanced Power Options: I have a new Asus Zenbook UX431 with W10x64. Stock install. Win Pro. I only have 2 power plans: -'Balanced' -'Asus Recommended' However, when I goto advanced power options, I only have 4 available settings: Background, Sleep, Display, and Battery (see pic) I am missing all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my usb settings missing from power options

2. usb setting missing from power options

3. no usb settings in power options

4. change power setting regarding usb