Windows 10: no wi-fi connection after upgrading from 8.1

Discus and support no wi-fi connection after upgrading from 8.1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone just upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. windows 10 will not let me connect to internet with Wi-Fi, it is ok on an Ethernet cable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by calmat, Jul 5, 2016.

1. calmat Win User

no wi-fi connection after upgrading from 8.1

Hi everyone

just upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10.
    windows 10 will not let me connect to internet with Wi-Fi, it is ok on an Ethernet cable.
    can anyone please help.
    My computer is an Acer Aspire V3-571.

Regards

:)

calmat, Jul 5, 2016

2. Limited or no WiFi connection after upgrading from Windows 8.1

Original title: wi fi connection

after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1,no wi fi or limited wi fi,in settings show wi fi is connected,but in network and sharing center show wi fi disconnected,and the wi fi light is ambar permanently,the wi fi botton not turn on the wi fi.

Iupdate the drivers, is any thing i can do to fix it?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

HectorEdenburg, Jul 5, 2016
  3. I have upgraded my windows phone windows 8.1 to windows 10 OS, better after upgradation not connecting to Wi fi.

Original Title - wifi connection between

I have upgraded my windows phone windows 8.1 to windows 10 OS as of now I was using Wi fi connection as better after upgradation not

connecting to Wi fi.

NamdevMagar, Jul 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Check to see if there are drivers for your WiFi adapter, by checking in Device Management. If not, Windows Update may find them for you.

DeaconFrost, Jul 6, 2016
  6. When you upgraded from 8.1 to 10 did you do via WI-FI or cable
    Why I asked is because if you used WI-FI then when it restarted it should of gone straight to WI-FI
    As when I upgraded from 8.1 to 10
    It went on line via WI-FI
    Also have you checked to make sure your Wi-Fi app is turned on via the notification App found in bottom right hand corner

hTconeM9user, Jul 6, 2016
  7. calmat Win User
    Hi Everyone
    Thank you all for your replies.

All my drivers are up to date.
    I upgraded to windows 10 using an Ethernet cable.

Regards

calmat, Jul 7, 2016
  8. no wi-fi connection after upgrading from 8.1

Check you router to make sure the internet and WI-FI lights are both Green and flashing.
    Then unplug your cable.
    Make sure the symbol for the internet is showing
    Click on it and see if you have any WI-FI showing
    Find your one and click on it.
    Enter the password found on back of your router.
    Enter it as same as on Router must are Numbers and upper case letters.
    Once entered click ok.
    Hopefully your laptop should now of come up on the symbol that you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.
    If you have already tried this then Sorry but I am out of ideas what it could be

hTconeM9user, Jul 7, 2016
  9. You haven't really described the problem. What do you mean that it can't connect? Are you able to see wireless networks, but get an error when connecting to them? Or, are you unable to see any wireless networks available?

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. no wi-fi connection after upgrading from 8.1 - Similar Threads - connection upgrading

2. I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...: I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain group network Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-from-10-to-11-through-bigfix/21a05142-7acd-41bc-a1c6-fc5eb9198d96
  3. I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...: I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain group network Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-from-10-to-11-through-bigfix/21a05142-7acd-41bc-a1c6-fc5eb9198d96
  4. i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...: I upgraded the laptop from i5 to i7 and now the Bluetooth is not working, please suggest the way out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-laptop-from-i5-toi7-but-now-the/5a3988c2-ee0e-4393-8c6a-b46e6eea1cb6
  5. i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...

i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...: I upgraded the laptop from i5 to i7 and now the Bluetooth is not working, please suggest the way out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-laptop-from-i5-toi7-but-now-the/5a3988c2-ee0e-4393-8c6a-b46e6eea1cb6
  6. after a CPU upgrade i cannot connect a controller or my Seagate expansion before i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after a CPU upgrade i cannot connect a controller or my Seagate expansion before i...: plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-cpu-upgrade-i-cannot-connect-a-controller/d7526bb0-5253-4c89-a95b-2234989ffdca
  7. after a CPU upgrade i cannot connect a controller or my Seagate expansion before i...

after a CPU upgrade i cannot connect a controller or my Seagate expansion before i...: plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-cpu-upgrade-i-cannot-connect-a-controller/d7526bb0-5253-4c89-a95b-2234989ffdca
  8. Network connectivity issues after reinstalling Windows, and unable to upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connectivity issues after reinstalling Windows, and unable to upgrade to Windows 10.: Hello, this is my first time here. I was running Windows 8.1 on my PC an outdated XPS 8700 and I recently decided to reinstall windows in order to wipe my computer and start off on a clean slate. However, as I finished reinstalling windows, I ran into many problems. For one,...
  9. Network connectivity issues after reinstalling Windows, and unable to upgrade to Windows 10.

Network connectivity issues after reinstalling Windows, and unable to upgrade to Windows 10.: Hello, this is my first time here. I was running Windows 8.1 on my PC an outdated XPS 8700 and I recently decided to reinstall windows in order to wipe my computer and start off on a clean slate. However, as I finished reinstalling windows, I ran into many problems. For one,...
  10. Lost USB connectivity with Pixel 6 when upgraded laptop to Win 11 V22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost USB connectivity with Pixel 6 when upgraded laptop to Win 11 V22H2: Seems my USB drivers don't work correctly after upgrading to Win 11 22H2. Pixel 6 phone will connect via USB cable to other computers - Win 7, Win 10, and Win 11 before I upgraded. How do I fix this?...