Windows 10: No Windows Store or default apps

Discus and support No Windows Store or default apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I hope I'm posting in the right section here. A while ago I had been having some issues with my machine. To combat this, one of the suggestions I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ToiletNinja, Apr 30, 2017.

1. No Windows Store or default apps

I hope I'm posting in the right section here. A while ago I had been having some issues with my machine. To combat this, one of the suggestions I saw was to remove the Windows store and the default apps. At that point I thought it would be temporary or otherwise reversible, and removed it.

Now, however, I can't seem to restore it. I've read that it can be restored by resetting the PC, but I don't want to have to start over to get my store back, as it's been a few months since I've removed it. I need it back for a few key default apps as well as a game only available in the Windows store. Any suggestions will be very appreciated!

:)

ToiletNinja, Apr 30, 2017

2. Default Apps won't open or re-install, No Store App since......

thanks for the link, unfortunately it didn't work

Tonymarcus, Apr 30, 2017
  3. DALGIODE BARROS FILHO, Apr 30, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

No Windows Store or default apps

5. For anyone else seeing this post, essentially you grab the WindowsApps folder from a retail Windows 10 .iso and replace your broken one with the fresh one, then register it with a command in powershell and restart.

I had to fiddle with the last command to get PS to locate my AppxManifest.XML file, so the one you have isn't very accurate.

I think for me it was
    Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*\AppxManifest.XML"

ToiletNinja, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Windows Store or default apps

1. No Windows Store or default apps - Similar Threads - Store default apps

2. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  3. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  4. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store and default apps not installed in Windows 11

Microsoft Store and default apps not installed in Windows 11: I tried the reset microsoft store in apps and features but sadly the app wasn't listed, i tried the wsreset still nothing, updated windows, power shell scripts nothing, windows 11 still has probs like this come on....
  6. default apps from microsoft store

default apps from microsoft store: hello, some apps are installed default from store, even i don't use them and i uninstall these apps but they will automatically install again after some time. how to solve this?...
  7. Windows 10 Default Onenote Store app

Windows 10 Default Onenote Store app: I'm using the Window 10 OneNote default app in. Current language interface is English - left to right and etc. Can I change the language of the interface? Thanks for any help. Yours sincerely, Roi...
  8. How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?: Did a fresh install of Windows 10 recently and usually after I finish the setup I uninstall programs and apps that I do not use, this includes many of the default Windows apps. This time, I accidentally uninstalled the Photos and the Windows Store app. I've contacted official...
  9. Default store apps corrupted (including Store)

Default store apps corrupted (including Store): I am having some trouble getting the default store apps to work. As for the store itself, it used to briefly show the splash then crash. Now it is just an unknown file type that doesn't do anything when clicked. I have tried some of the more common fixes, like the powershell...
  10. Can't use Windows Store or many default apps

Can't use Windows Store or many default apps: I can't open any of these apps when this happened after attempting to fix an issue started with not being able to unpin/pin new apps to the start menu. Help would greatly be appreciated. 37930