Windows 10: Non working webcam since upgrade to 10

Discus and support Non working webcam since upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Was not working straight after upgrade, but I noticed it worked after doing a Vaio system check. Now it's gone again. Don't fancy doing a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kleefarr, Dec 15, 2015.

1. kleefarr Win User

Non working webcam since upgrade to 10

Was not working straight after upgrade, but I noticed it worked after doing a Vaio system check.
    Now it's gone again.
    Don't fancy doing a system test everytime I want it to work and automatic update driver does nothing.

Any other ideas?

Non working webcam since upgrade to 10 [​IMG]

Searches on microsoft site generally brings up issue with same error that are external plugged in devices.
    This is the internal cam in my Sony Vaio.

:)

kleefarr, Dec 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 Camera App Can't Find my Webcam.

My webcam (Hercules Classic Silver) worked just fine in Windows 7 x64, but after the upgrade to Windows 10 pro, the Camera App will not find the Webcam (0xA00F4244 error code).

- The Webcam is not broken. It works just fine with Facebook and Google Hangouts video chats within Win 10.

- The Webcam used to work with standalone Skype before Microsoft turned it into an "App". Now it doesn't work in Skype.

- The Webcam is 64-bit compatible (no stream.sys).

- There are no issues in Device Manager, the Webcam is listed in imaging devices and enabled.

- Anti-virus is not blocking the camera App (Really?)

- I've tried all updates (app, webcam driver, windows 10) to no avail.

- I've tried all repairs (App reset, Driver roll back/forward, even a Fresh win 10 install)

- I've tried pluggin in multiple USB ports (USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1)

*I was able to utilize the "Enable Frame server mode" registry hack to get the webcam to work in November and Anniversary update Windows 10. This hack no longer works after the Creator's Edition Update. Even if the registry hack continued to work, I would
    not use it anymore because the hack breaks my Mixed Reality Headset functionality....and why should I even have to registry hack to get a webcam to work?

Why can non-Microsoft Apps use my webcam perfectly, but my OS Camera App doesn't even know I have a camera?

Guy_Smiley, Dec 15, 2015
  3. windows 10 blues

Neither Cortana or my external microphone/webcam won't work since my free Windows 10 upgrade on my old Gateway laptop which worked fine with Windows 7 premium. Any suggestions?

DennisWhaley_786, Dec 15, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Dec 16, 2015
  5. kleefarr Win User
    kleefarr, Dec 16, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Dec 16, 2015
  7. kleefarr Win User
    kleefarr, Dec 16, 2015
  8. brummyfan Win User

OK, be patient, someone with more experience will respond.

brummyfan, Dec 16, 2015
  9. kleefarr Win User
    Hopefully. Sony have not responded since I informed them of it about two months ago. *Rolleyes

kleefarr, Dec 16, 2015
  10. jimmytwo Win User
    Hi I would appear to have exactly the same issue as Kleefar . And am On the verge of recovering windows 7 .even though I really like windows 10 ... It seems a shame to not have a working webcam ... I've looked on the Sony site and they state that they have no intention of updating the drivers for windows 10

jimmytwo, Mar 26, 2016
  11. kleefarr Win User
    I actually have got mine working now.
    All I did was a Sony Vaio system check and after it started to work again and seems to have stayed working.

kleefarr, Mar 26, 2016
  12. jimmytwo Win User
    Oh great ... that sounds hopeful . I have to go out now but will try that when I get back . Would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction of doing a system check

jimmytwo, Mar 26, 2016
  13. kleefarr Win User

Well in my case I just pressed Vaio assist button on my keyboard and it brought up the Vaio care menu. Then system tools and run a system check.

Google for your model of PC to find a system check option.
    I also had a couple of updates via the Vaio menu, so these may have helped.
    Good luck.

kleefarr, Mar 26, 2016
  14. kleefarr Win User
    You could also try disabling fast boot up. It seems to be an issue with the power not getting to usb peripherals quick enough.

kleefarr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Non working webcam since upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - Non working webcam

2. "End" key not working since upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "End" key not working since upgrade: I've been facing this problem on windows 10 pro since the last windows upgrade.End key doesn't have any sense, but any other hot keys including Home button work as well.- All drivers are up to date.- Tested in several applications and got the same result.- I have a virtual...
  3. Secondary monitor not working since upgrade to windows 10

Secondary monitor not working since upgrade to windows 10: Recently "upgraded" my pc to windows 10 from 7 after hardware change. Since upgrading, my secondary monitor does not work. Monitor says no cable connected, device manager events say "device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match". Windows and NVIDIA both recognise the...
  4. WebCame doesn't work after window 10 was upgraded

in Windows 10 Customization
    WebCame doesn't work after window 10 was upgraded: [ATTACH] I would like to use Zoom meeting with my n/b camera. I can't use my webcam with win10. My notebook Model is SonicMaster S551LN Asus. It's touch screen notebook and came within win 8 OS. My Webcam was not enable after I upgraded to win 10. I have been tried so...
  5. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...
  6. Non Functioning webcam

Non Functioning webcam: I have a Packard Bell TJ64 laptop which I bought in 2010. When I try to open the webcam it gives the error code 0xA00F4244camera not attached. It is not listed in the Device Manager. According to the Program List it is a Chicory version 1.7.82.1209. The Chicory website...
  7. sound does not work since upgrade windows 10

sound does not work since upgrade windows 10: sound does not work in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-does-not-work-since-upgrade-windows-10/2498157a-8600-4f83-89e7-7a5638ebbbcb
  8. Upgrade to non-working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to non-working: I have auto-upgrade on and last nite it upgraded to 1903, now it won't even turn on. I am using an amd opteron, 52gigs ram, win10, 6tbs hdd accum. 8/16 core cpu. Is there a problem with the update? If so how can I get it off if I can't bootup?...
  9. Webcam not working after upgrade to Windows 10

Webcam not working after upgrade to Windows 10: WEBCAM NOT WORKING. I have a Toshiba DX730 All-in-One desktop PC running Windows 10. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 my integrated webcam has not worked. I have unsuccessfully tried the following:- 1. Checked the BIOS to ensure the webcam is enabled - it is. 2....
  10. Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T400. Prior to the upgrade I was able to middle click to open links in a new tab, close tabs, and scroll however now when I middle click it instead brings me to "Trackpoint scrolling tips" I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached hercules