Windows 10: NORTON Security vs Windows Defender

Discus and support NORTON Security vs Windows Defender in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am a Windows 10 OS user. Quite happy with it's performance. However, since the very recent update 1903, I am facing slowing down of my system. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BalakrishnanK Nair, Jul 18, 2019.

1. NORTON Security vs Windows Defender

I am a Windows 10 OS user. Quite happy with it's performance. However, since the very recent update 1903, I am facing slowing down of my system. I am not an IT expert but a learned user.

I am being advised to remove the Norton Security system, which is a licensed version of course. Experts say Norton would clash with Windows Defender in many processes. Also, I do not really need an external antivirus when windows defender is installed and working.

I want to get an expert opinion on this for me to take a qualified decision to uninstall Norton. Thanks

:)

BalakrishnanK Nair, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User

Norton Security Incompatible With Windows 10?

Does Norton say you have a version of their product that is compatible with Win 10?

See Windows 10 compatibility with Norton products

And

https://updatecenter.norton.com

Alternatively - - -

Two suggestions to try.

Good luck…

P.S. I'm not employed by MS!

Le Boule, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Norton or Windows Defender?

This suggests that your install of Norton is not in good shape. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, contact Norton support.

-steve

Stephen Boots, Jul 18, 2019
  4. NORTON Security vs Windows Defender

norton vs windows defender security

I have windows 10 with norton and windows defender security center installed....can I uninstall windows defender security center so i have one security system

joanliberi, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

NORTON Security vs Windows Defender

1. NORTON Security vs Windows Defender - Similar Threads - NORTON Security Defender

2. Windows Defender vs. Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender vs. Windows Security: I've not often noticed the icon on the taskbar for Windows Defender. Today I found the title for it says Windows Security no Windows Defender. What is the difference between the two? Is one better that the other? Am running W10 ver. 1909 up to date. Thank you. 150810
  3. Windows Defender vs. Windows Security

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender vs. Windows Security: I've not often noticed the icon on the taskbar for Windows Defender. Today I found the title for it says Windows Security no Windows Defender. What is the difference between the two? Is one better that the other? Am running W10 ver. 1909 up to date. Thank you. 150810
  4. Windows Defender or Norton

Windows Defender or Norton: Should I stay with windows defender or go with Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-norton/eb0e3ceb-7a08-49a3-9414-5bbd384c1f39
  5. Vipre Advanced Security vs Windows Defender

Vipre Advanced Security vs Windows Defender: Can I have Vipre Advanced Security and Windows Defender run ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/vipre-advanced-security-vs-windows-defender/85878114-7330-40d1-8dc4-0199e0f2f2e5
  6. Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite: Good morning all! I'm a few weeks into Windows 10. I uninstalled Norton Security Suite (free from Comcast) to install the upgrade. Windows Defender is doing its thing (I'm sure), but now I'm looking for thoughts on these two AV programs that are both available free to me....
  7. Security Essentials vs. Windows Defender

Security Essentials vs. Windows Defender: I have been running Win10 for a couple of years now and have depended on Windows Defender as my anti-virus protection along with Malware Bytes. So far no problems. While surfing this morning a came across an articled which implied Defender alone needed the company of Windows...
  8. Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security

Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security: I would like to get some opinions regarding Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security. I've been around computers a long time and I know that every time you turn around there's a new "king of the hill" when it comes to Security Software so I realize that...
  9. Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity

Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity: Any one have an opinion on these security programs. I have an older computer being repaired by the Geek squad and the technician recommended Webroot over Norton. I am presently using Norton. The packaging for the Webroot does not say anything about virus protection. I checked...
  10. Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security

Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security: I've got Kaspersky KIS 2016 installed on Win10 and have turned (or tried to turn) Windows Defender off via Group Policy. It even says it's bee turned off. But Speccy v1.28.709 says: Windows Defender Windows Defender Enabled Firewall Firewall Enabled Display Name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. norton security ultra v windows defender

2. windows defender versus comcast free norton 2019

3. norton security or windows defender

4. is norton security compatible with windows 10 1903,
  5. norton security ultra vs windows defender,
  6. norton security essential 2019 and windows defender