Windows 10: Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!

Discus and support Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have switched from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home, and all went well with the exceptions of a few do's and don't. The annoying issue it when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FD611V, Mar 17, 2016.

1. FD611V Win User

Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!

I have switched from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home, and all went well with the exceptions of a few do's and don't. The annoying issue it when I want to shut down the computer. At the lower left side there is the "Windows 10 logo" that I click on to make the shut down. There it shows the apps and a shut down button. I click on it and another Windows 10 windows shows up....with "What do you want the computer to do"? The list shows... Switch User, Sign Out, Sleep, Shut Down, and Restart. Note: I have to click on Shut Down...again to log off the PC. Question: Is there a way to eliminate the "second shut down window"?

:)

FD611V, Mar 17, 2016

2. Cant send emails from outlook since the windows 10 upgrade

Do you have any real answers on this. Starting to look like a very annoying bug. Email did work sending and then just stopped working, same problem as the others.

Josh Benson, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Strange stuttering and buzzing sound.

I've learmed that this seems to be a pretty common problem. There doesn't seem to be any real solution. Sometimes the sound shows up and sometime it doesn't. It's truly annoying, but no one has an answer. So as long as my pc is working perfectly in every
    other way, I'lol just have to accept this annoyance and hope it is fixed in an update or someone finds a workaround.

JesperBonde, Mar 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

RIGHT click at the Start button > click Shut down or sign out > take your pick..............

Not A Real Problem,  Just annoying One! [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  5. bookfox Win User
    As David said, of course - or if you wanted you could also create a desktop shortcut to shutdown.

bookfox, Mar 17, 2016
  6. FD611V Win User
    Well, that's all said and great, but, that is not the solution. After I click on the shut down the second display, there's is a another Windows 10 windows that opens, asking What do you want the computer to do? Switch user, Hibernate, Shut Down, Sleep, Sign Out, Restart. I have to do three clicks to get the PC off.

FD611V, Mar 17, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

The command to put in the shortcut would be:

shutdown /s /t 00

If you wanted fast startup enabled, I think it would be:

shutdown /s /hybrid /t 00

NavyLCDR, Mar 17, 2016
  9. FD611V Win User
    Well, the link may work in South Africa, China, USA, and in some very small countries that they don't have computers, but, it won't work here in my backyard. I did as the link shown, and did it at least five time... When I clicked on the "Shortcut"...nothing. nothing . Waited a few minutes to see if it would take effect, but zero results.

So, I will settle for what is given...make three chicks (shutdowns) to turn the PC off.

FD611V, Mar 17, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Read this tutorial and see if it can help solve your issue.
    Sign out of Windows 10

OldMike65, Mar 17, 2016
  11. I use a shortcut, pinned to my taskbar and start menu.

alphanumeric, Mar 17, 2016
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Actually mine right from the start menu works fine, never had a problem. No 2 screens, no problems, just 1 click and that's it.

OldMike65, Mar 17, 2016
  13. Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!

I've used the shortcut since Windows 7. It's saved in my Desktop folder on my data drive. I just have to right click and pin it. Old habits. *Wink

alphanumeric, Mar 17, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup. I did the same thing on my Windows 7 .....funny... *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 17, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    Use this method.
    I just tried it to confirm that it works............................

Right click at desktop > New > Shortcut > in the box, copy/paste this.................
    %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0
    > click Next > click Finish.

You now have a desktop shortcut for Shut down.

You can pin it to taskbar or to Start by right clicking at the shortcut.

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One! - Similar Threads - Real Problem annoying

2. Not a problem but annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not a problem but annoying: Whenever I plug my USB headset in they showed up as speakers. I contacted microdoft support but that didnt help and I looked up on google and yt and still couldn't find a fix. What can I do? submitted by /u/Danutzu37 [link] [comments]...
  3. One Drive annoyance

One Drive annoyance: One Drive keeps placing a Documents folder on my desktop. I have completely uninstalled One Drive, reinstalled it, and moved all the One Drive folders to another drive/location via the One Drive settings option. I delete the folder from my desktop, and empty the recycle...
  4. Annoying multimedia problem

Annoying multimedia problem: So I got myself a new Laptop ASUS VivoBook15 which came with Windows 10. From the start I had problems with Youtube and Netflix. Youtube videos didn't start, showing green screen, and Netflix would play for half a minute maybe with a weirdly muted sound, and after that turn...
  5. Annoying Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Annoying Activation Problem: Need help. I'll give as much information as I can. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in Chinese purchased new in China. Unfortunately, we couldn't add English as an operating language, so I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Since then, I've been...
  6. A Real Problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Real Problem . . .: I run Windows 10 Pro. This may be a little of subject, but I don't know where else to turn? This is to the TotalAV company. Let me start out, by saying. I have a fully licensed version of Norton AntiVirus. I've been seeing a small box, in the upper right hand corner, of my...
  7. Is "Let's Cross This One of your List" a problem or is it real?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is "Let's Cross This One of your List" a problem or is it real?: I keep getting this error? message encouraging me to update Windows. It does not look valid to me. Is it? What should I do to get rid of it (I keep clicking "Remind Me Tomorrow"). [img] 101520
  8. This has been a real annoyance (to do with mouse clicking)

in Windows 10 Support
    This has been a real annoyance (to do with mouse clicking): For a long time and several different versions of windows. I'm just about to click on what I want to click on and the screen changes so that something else is now where the mouse cursor is and I end up clicking on it, even though I didn't intend to. Whether I'm in a browser...
  9. Microsoft Just Fixed One of the Biggest Windows Update Annoyances...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Just Fixed One of the Biggest Windows Update Annoyances...: Microsoft has a lot to fix in Windows 10 and the update that’s expected to launch in October or November is supposed to do just that and bring new features on PCs and tablets, such as extension support for Edge browser. But in the meantime, Redmond’s taking care of the...
  10. Microsoft's real problem with mobile isn't (just) devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's real problem with mobile isn't (just) devices: The future of secure, modern Windows apps needs to go beyond Surface. At the Microsoft shareholders' meeting last week, some unhappy Windows phone fans who also happen to be shareholders asked CEO Satya Nadella what Microsoft was doing for the consumer market on its own...