Windows 10: Not able to change from standard user to Admin in windows 10

Discus and support Not able to change from standard user to Admin in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I have changed the only user account from Administrator to Standard User from NETPLWIZ and now I am unable to change it back in Windows 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kumudwini, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Kumudwini Win User

Not able to change from standard user to Admin in windows 10

Hi All,

I have changed the only user account from Administrator to Standard User from NETPLWIZ and now I am unable to change it back in Windows 10. I have checked the forum and tried the suggestions but nothing worked out for me.

Request you to help me out.

Regards,

Kumudwini.

:)

Kumudwini, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Standard user able to access Admin folders?

Dirk,

The password you entered earlier was that of an Admin user account and it permanently authorised your access to the folder concerned.

You will be able to see this by right-clicking on the folder, selecting Properties, Security tab - your standard user account name will be shown as having permission to access the folder. You can change that entry to undo what you have done if you want to [use either Edit or Advanced].

*Arrow Change Permissions of Objects for Users and Groups in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Denis

3. Standard user allow to change time

Hello,

I suggest you to change the account type from Standard to Administrator and check if it works.

Here are the steps:

Login to your Admin account.

In search type User Account and hit enter.

Click on Manage another account.

Select your Standard user account and click on change the account type.

From this page select Administrator and click on Change account type.

After doing this switch user from Admin account to Standard user account and try to change the date and time.

Hope this works.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Not able to change from standard user to Admin in windows 10

Change account from admin to standard

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that in order for you to be able to make changes in your PC, you will require your local account to be an
    Admin account instead of a Standard one. Changing the account to a Standard account will disable your ability to make any changes to your computer.

If you still wish to create a Standard Local Account, I suggest that you navigate to Settings > Accounts > Family and other Users. Here select the
    current username and click on the Change Account Type
    button and select Standard. This will automatically change your account from
    Admin to Standard, and you will not require to change the username and password.

In the event that you wish to change the username and password, I suggest that you make changes to the above sited first and then change your account to a
    Standard one from and Admin account.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Not able to change from standard user to Admin in windows 10

1. Not able to change from standard user to Admin in windows 10 - Similar Threads - able change standard

2. Need a "Standard" windows user be able to restart a windows service WITHOUT entering admin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a "Standard" windows user be able to restart a windows service WITHOUT entering admin...: Scenario: 3rd party installed windows service which needs to be restarted once in a while when needed the 1 hour restart interval via Task Scheduler is not enough. Instead of simply rebooting, I'd like the standard user to be able to restart the service in the simplest way...
  3. Need a "Standard" windows user be able to restart a windows service WITHOUT entering admin...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need a "Standard" windows user be able to restart a windows service WITHOUT entering admin...: Scenario: 3rd party installed windows service which needs to be restarted once in a while when needed the 1 hour restart interval via Task Scheduler is not enough. Instead of simply rebooting, I'd like the standard user to be able to restart the service in the simplest way...
  4. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  5. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  6. Admin User duplicating files from Standard User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin User duplicating files from Standard User: Hi all, I recently logged in into the Admin User on my PC and while cleaning some stuff up I noticed that C:\Users\admin\Documents had certain folders corresponding to my Standard User account. I checked these folders inside and they have the same files! For example, the...
  7. Standard users are able to change permissions in AppData folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Standard users are able to change permissions in AppData folder: Why is this possible, and how do I fix it?My goal was to block internet browsers from being accessible. I 'disabled inheritance' and removed the standard user, but within security settings they are able to still add their user name back and easily gain access...Can anyone...
  8. Standard User reset Admin user password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard User reset Admin user password!: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard an one admin. The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00 But every time the standard user...
  9. Admin Password with Standard User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Password with Standard User: I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-with-standard-user/69ab0540-cab7-4199-b339-04cb7d920478
  10. Standard user able to access Admin folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Standard user able to access Admin folders?: Hello, Not sure if this is by default, but I've noticed it on 3 different computers. 2 running Windows 10 Home, 1 running Windows 10 Pro. When logged on as standard user, I'm able to access the folders of an Administrator. I may get prompted for password the first time,...