Windows 10: nothing showing up in desktop

Discus and support nothing showing up in desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i turned on pc and nothing showed up on desktop but everythink else works normally thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Albion Bajraktari, Nov 26, 2018.

1. nothing showing up in desktop

i turned on pc and nothing showed up on desktop but everythink else works normally

thanks

:)

Albion Bajraktari, Nov 26, 2018

2. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User
    Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

4. nothing showing up in desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

nothing showing up in desktop

1. nothing showing up in desktop - Similar Threads - nothing showing desktop

2. Desktop showing almost nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop showing almost nothing: The only things that my desktop running windows 10 will show are the taskbar, start menu and miniature previews of the applications I have open when my cursor is over their icon on the taskbar. When I open applications, they fail to show anything on the screen. I have tried...
  3. Desktop showing almost nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop showing almost nothing: The only things that my desktop running windows 10 will show are the taskbar, start menu and miniature previews of the applications I have open when my cursor is over their icon on the taskbar. When I open applications, they fail to show anything on the screen. I have tried...
  4. Desktop showing almost nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Nothing showing up on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing showing up on taskbar: I have a problem with my pc, out of nowhere nothing started showing on taskbar. No shortcuts, active apps, notifications and notification centre. Ive tried the cmd command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, yet no corrupted system files. I tried restarting...
  6. Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing: Hi guys,I have a problem while syncing with Onedrive app in dektop folder Win 10 21H1.Everything is fine, except the desktop, it's continue, like, updating or syncing things while actually it contains nothing.Otherwise, in case that if there are some items inside, like this...
  7. Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing: Hi guys,I have a problem while syncing with Onedrive app in dektop folder Win 10 21H1.Everything is fine, except the desktop, it's continue, like, updating or syncing things while actually it contains nothing.Otherwise, in case that if there are some items inside, like this...
  8. Onedrive Desktop show that backing-up while contains nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. laptop boots up to desktop but then nothing-

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop boots up to desktop but then nothing-: I fear that my question may be particularly difficult to solve. My Acer Aspire laptop has worked very well for me. I broke the screen a couple years back which does not bother me because I use the TV as my screen and I use a USB wireless mouse and keyboard. I don't have...
  10. Windows Desktop shows nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Desktop shows nothing: I just downloaded Windows 10 today. I can't see any icons, desktop, find the start menu or anything else. I read it does dual-monitors but I can't figure out how to switch when I can't see anything. I have an Alienware computer. Should I call Dell or talk to Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing showing on desktop

2. nothing showing on desktop windows 10

3. windows nothing on desktop

4. nothing showing up on desktop,
  5. nothing shows on desktop,
  6. nothing shows on desktop screen,
  7. when in desktop mode nothing visible,
  8. nothing is showing on the desktop,
  9. nothing on desktop or taskbar showing up,
  10. nothing shows up on desktop,
  11. nothing is showing up on the desktop,