Windows 10: Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves

Discus and support Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, sometimes when I Shut Down & start up, or Restart, the computer, my Notification Area (System Tray) icons tend to re-arrange themselves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Sep 30, 2016.

1. pepanee Win User

Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves

Hello, sometimes when I Shut Down & start up, or Restart, the computer, my Notification Area (System Tray) icons tend to re-arrange themselves slightly. I have to manage to re-arrange them the way to maximize my productivity for the computer. Is there some sort of temporary cache that I need to reset or something?

I have two *.bat files that have been prepared by a moderator for Microsoft Windows 10 that I saved on my computer as fixes, yet they are not related to what I talked about in the previous paragraph:
    • Rebuild Icon Cache For Windows 10.bat
    • Reset Clear Pinned Apps On The Taskbar.bat

Is there a fix for this one too?

:)

pepanee, Sep 30, 2016
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

When Iinstalled Windows 10 the Notification Area was long in the task bar, but the PC crashed so I had to reset windows 10. Initially all the non-Windows applications were removed. I had to re-install them again, since the refresh/reset I have
    noticed that the Notification Area is minimal and to see all icons I have to use the up arrow on the side of the system tray. I have looked in the Control Panel and disappeared that the Notification Area Icon is not available. I have tried Refresh/Reset again
    just to get the icon back in the Control Panel. This has not happened. Has
    Microsoft permanently removed the Notification Area Icon from the control Panel? If so, how can I increase the length of the Notification Area/System Tray in the Task Bar?

ms1406, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Sep 30, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

No, nothing? Does anyone know what could be causing this? Because it just randomly started doing this. On some occasions when I start the computer up, it does it. No one experienced this?

pepanee, Oct 4, 2016
  5. pepanee Win User
    Okay I found this: Notification Area Icons - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    But it still didn't work. That icon that doesn't remember where it's supposed to be. It forgets everything and re-arranges itself.

Yet I did figure out a solution. Need to rename the exe file's name (not move it to a different folder) and use the new file name instead.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves - Similar Threads - Notification Area System

2. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10: It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank and do nothing. Sometimes icons will appear that go away when I hover over it. Uploading images here isn't working for me...
  3. Re-arranging icons in the system tray? Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-arranging icons in the system tray? Window 11: How do you re-arrange the icons on the bottom right corner by the time / date?Specifically, I would like to re-arrange the battery, volume, wifi icons to be in a specific order from left to right.Thanks...
  4. Re-arranging icons in the system tray? Window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-arranging icons in the system tray? Window 11: How do you re-arrange the icons on the bottom right corner by the time / date?Specifically, I would like to re-arrange the battery, volume, wifi icons to be in a specific order from left to right.Thanks...
  5. Icons strangely arranging themselves?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons strangely arranging themselves?: i dunno if its because of the latest update(s), but in the past 2 days it seemed at first as if they randomly rearranging across my desktop, but after it happened again and again i noticed the icons keep going back to where they were, every single time. auto rearrange is off,...
  6. Bluetooth icon is not showing up in system tray/notification area.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth icon is not showing up in system tray/notification area.: Hi, I was moving my mouse to fast and accidentally deleted the Bluetooth icon from my taskbar. I am stuck trying to figure out how to restore it. According to "Select which icons appear on the toolbar" in settings, Bluetooth is set to on but the test also calls it windows...
  7. Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?: I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it... I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so,...
  8. System Tray notification area oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray notification area oddity: I've looked all over for an answer to this and I can't find it. Am I patient zero? If I have one icon showing in the notification area it appears just fine. If I turn in another icon to show on the notification area the new one shows and the fist one turns into a blank area....
  9. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...
  10. How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?: Hi, I'd like to increase the size of icons in system tray / notification area of Windows 10. Is it possible to do this, maybe changing some registry values? Thank you in advance. 75515