Windows 10: Notification box in wrong area of screen

Discus and support Notification box in wrong area of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, this is a suggestion for the notification box always popping up in the wrong part of the screen - sometimes in the middle, sometimes partway off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Craig Bond, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Notification box in wrong area of screen

Hi, this is a suggestion for the notification box always popping up in the wrong part of the screen - sometimes in the middle, sometimes partway off the screen.

It apparently occurs because of an issue connecting to external monitors. Might I suggest allowing the user to click and drag on the notification box to position it where they wish so that subsequent notifications will pop up in the same spot?

Thanks!

Notification box in wrong area of screen fc523a90-b95d-40de-a7f2-e696ce6d266f?upload=true.png

:)

Craig Bond, Jan 7, 2019
  2. JOK
    jok Win User

App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box

Whenever I right click on an application in the notification area, the menus open up behind the notification box. Is there a way to fix this. I am running a triple monitor setup with the task-bar located on the center screen only. I've tried stretching the task-bar across all screens and likewise on each screen and still no joy. Please help?*Sad

Pics:

Notification box in wrong area of screen [​IMG]

3. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Hans L Win User

Notification box in wrong area of screen

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Notification box in wrong area of screen

1. Notification box in wrong area of screen - Similar Threads - Notification box wrong

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notification area not working

notification area not working: my action center, sound option, battery option, calendar option, wifi option which are on the right corner of thetaskbar are not opening even after clicking millions of times...
  6. notification area.

notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  7. Notification area inconsistencies

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area inconsistencies: Hello: My Notification area shows four application icons, and there is no problems with them. When I click the ^ icon, I see 13 icons, all of which I have identified. No problem there either. Then, I right-click on the task bar, and click Taskbar Settings > Taskbar >...
  8. White boxes for icons in Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for icons in Notification Area: Running Win 10, build 16299. I used a program, "Dir Icon" to change the icons in the Notification Area" of This PC. I opened My PC on startup last week and all the drive icons had turned into white square boxes. I tried everything I could find to repair the icons, even...
  9. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...
  10. App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box

in Windows 10 Support
    App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box: Whenever I right click on an application in the notification area, the menus open up behind the notification box. Is there a way to fix this. I am running a triple monitor setup with the task-bar located on the center screen only. I've tried stretching the task-bar across all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window notification on wrong screen