Windows 10: Notifications offer no way to fix the problem they describe

Discus and support Notifications offer no way to fix the problem they describe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get Notifications (on my PC) that there is a problem in my MS account that needs to be fixed. BUT when I click on the option (one of the only two... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JaneSSS, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:07 PM.

1. JaneSSS Win User

Notifications offer no way to fix the problem they describe

I get Notifications (on my PC) that there is a problem in my MS account that needs to be fixed. BUT when I click on the option (one of the only two options in the notification) it takes me to Notification Settings -- Absolutely nothing to do with what it stated that the problem was about. This is truly ridiculous and infuriating. What if there REALLY IS a problem ???

Also - the choice of subjects/topics does not seem relevant - !!! I do not know whether this is MS or Outlook or Windows.

:)

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

4. Bastet Win User

Thema:

1. Notifications offer no way to fix the problem they describe - Similar Threads - Notifications offer fix

2. myproductresearch.net offerings on notification right side of screen unwanted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    myproductresearch.net offerings on notification right side of screen unwanted: Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the ads. Malware scan does not find the problem. Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/myproductresearchnet-offerings-on-notification/f7349201-2688-4a0f-bad6-60669fce3242"
  3. notification problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification problem: when i upgrade to win10 1803 i notice that Action center doesn't show the notifications ??i want to solve this problem [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-problem/eb463a16-59bb-4abb-a9a5-3369eb0880e5
  4. A problem with notifications

A problem with notifications: Hi there. I have a problem with notifications, specifically notifications about Windows updates. They just stopped coming, and now the icon becomes populated and says '1 notification' and there is nothing inside the panel. I tried to disable and re-enable notifications...
  5. Microsoft confirms audio problems on Windows 10, offers fix

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms audio problems on Windows 10, offers fix: News of audio problems on Windows 10 surfaced online yesterday and Microsoft has today acknowledged the reports. First and foremost, Microsoft’s Windows 10 cumulative update is technically not the cause of the audio problems that you might have faced. It appears that a...
  6. Notifications problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Notifications problem: Back several months ago maybe a year? I had an issue with getting notifications every night about Dragon Naturally Speaking, telling me there were no updates? I found my original post and the tutorial from Brink about turning off notifications for specific apps or programs....
  7. Is there a way to change the notification area

Is there a way to change the notification area: Hi, I use Windows 10 OS. Everyday when I login to my laptop, there will be quite a number of new emails to outlook. These notifications appear on the bottom right hand side. As these numbers are many, I am unable to use any other icons there in the quick launch for...
  8. Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?: To better suit my monitor, I want to run my Windows 10 in 110% scaling mode, just like I did with Windows 7. When I adjust scaling to 110% everything does indeed look right (i.e. very similar to Windows 7). However, there's an obvious issue with notification area icons:...
  9. How would you describe this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How would you describe this?: Hi folks, I would like to recommend this in the Feedback App, but I'm not sure how to say it. For lack of words, I have put this together so y'all can see what I would like. I guess I would just like more customization with the Start Menu. *Smile [img] -Chuck 2982
  10. My notification area icons are too far apart, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    My notification area icons are too far apart, any way to fix it?: I upgraded my computer from W8.1 to W10 recently. I used my taskbar on the left side with the minimum width possible. After upgrading, I noticed that my notiication area icons were all in the same column instead of being spread over two columns as they used to be. Further...