Windows 10: Notify to schedule restart

Discus and support Notify to schedule restart in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I set "Notify to schedule restart"? I used to have my W10IP set to this, but now I can't find it anywhere in the useless "phone GUI" Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lehnerus2000, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Notify to schedule restart

How do I set "Notify to schedule restart"?

I used to have my W10IP set to this, but now I can't find it anywhere in the useless "phone GUI" Settings screen.

Has MS removed this from W10?

:)

lehnerus2000, Nov 17, 2016
  2. Enchanter Win User

Notify to schedule a restart.

I have a pc that runs a Wurm Unlimited Server and WAMP. Even with "Notify to schedule a restart" selected, it still reboots to install updates without actually waiting for me to say when.. Thus it kicks people of the servers.

Any suggestions?

Enchanter, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Enchanter Win User
    Notify to schedule a restart.

Guess I'm confused. My updates are installing perfectly. I just need them to only install when I tell them to not on their own. Not sure your answer is the correct in my situation.

Enchanter, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Notify to schedule restart

The restart options changed quite a lot from 1511 to 1607, apparently due to customer feedback according to MS. "Notify to schedule restart" was replaced with "Active Hours" an (up to) 12-hour window in which a restart will not be allowed. When an update needs a restart you can use "Restart options" to choose a time and day for the restart. This option is greyed-out until a restart is needed. More details on the changes in this thread:

Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?

My preferred technique is to set a 'Metered connection'. That way the automatic check for updates still takes place and notifies me that an update is available, but I can download the update at a time of my own choosing, then restart immediately.

5. Kari Win User
    For some time already (build 14942 and later) Windows Insiders have had it possible to set Active Hours up to 18 hours.

6. Another "like really totally credible and not in anyway BS" excuse that MS has dreamed up. *really

Each new update pack seems to be specifically designed to make W10 more and more unmanageable.

The MS strategy is now clear.
    Make the real versions of W10 so useless that users may as well replace their desktops &/or laptops with Windows phones.

I guess the only hope now is that someone will come up with a way of totally removing Window Update from W10, so that users can manually update when (and if) they choose.

I suppose I'll just have to remove the ability to connect to networks from my W10 installs (i.e. unplug them).
    That should work until MS introduces a "must be connected to the Internet 24/7 to boot W10" system. *Mad

lehnerus2000, Nov 18, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    I find setting a metered connection puts me in control. You can set it on Ethernet too if required...
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

For a really unwanted update there's always Microsoft's' wushowhide tool.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

I use it to keep one of my laptops from seeing the Anniversary Update so I can still use it as a reference for questions here.

8. Notify to schedule restart

Thanks for those links. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Notify to schedule restart

1. Notify to schedule restart - Similar Threads - Notify schedule restart

2. Tweaking a Scheduled Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking a Scheduled Restart: I didn't see a category that this question fit so I'm posting it here in the General category. Windows 10/64 Home and Pro Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) I have added a task in task scheduler on all my Windows 10 PCs to restart each PC at a specific time every day. An...
  3. 1809 installed but no restart scheduled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 installed but no restart scheduled: Hi there, We have WSUS 2016 and clients configured via GPO. We have approved 1809 update for installation, and it is installed on the computers, but there is no restart scheduled and if we just restart the computer (shutdown /r), the update doesn't get installed. We have to...
  4. scheduled task restart & logon

in Windows 10 Support
    scheduled task restart & logon: It is often the case that when I come to work in the morning and wake-up my desktop, automated programs get triggered and really slow down my computer and I can’t really do efficient work for a while, sometimes an hour or so. These include full disc scans mandated by the...
  5. schedule restart by windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    schedule restart by windows: my win is not enabling schedule restart option.....after recent updates installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/schedule-restart-by-windows/cd805d68-3190-4332-869a-800d6f16eeda
  6. Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?: Before the recent update, in windows update “Advanced Options” screen, I selected “Notify to schedule restart” so my PC will not restart by itself after an update, as mentioned in this article How to Schedule Restarts for Updates in Windows 10 Yesterday after windows...
  7. Notify to Schedule Restart - Time

Notify to Schedule Restart - Time: I'm currently deciding whether to upgrade to Windows 10 or not from Windows 8.1. The main thing that will prevent me from upgrading is whether I can regain some form of control over automatic restarts after automatic windows updates. I understand from doing some research...
  8. Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?

Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?: I did some testing on my Win 10 box and I had selected to Notify for Scheduled Restart when updates are completed installing. I had set my own preference schedule, for example 18:45 today (which was in fact yesterday). Anyways, I ran the Check for Updates and when the...
  9. Restart is scheduled

Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  10. Re-scheduled restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-scheduled restart: New HP Envy 17" only had it a week. Settings>update & security> windows updates. The schedule restart is set for 03.30 but my PC is switched off over night, so every morning it wants to restart 5 minutes after I log on. I can't seem to change that setting, it's greyed out....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notify to schedule

2. When restart is scheduled for later must pc be connected to the internet at that time?