Windows 10: ntoskrnl.exe Causing My PC to crash

Discus and support ntoskrnl.exe Causing My PC to crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought a new GPU because I thought my GPU was causing crashes while playing. Then I ran WInCrashReport and it told me that ntoskrnl.exe is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by antmann157, Nov 2, 2016.

1. ntoskrnl.exe Causing My PC to crash

I recently bought a new GPU because I thought my GPU was causing crashes while playing. Then I ran WInCrashReport and it told me that ntoskrnl.exe is causing my PC to crash and I do not know how to fix it

:)

antmann157, Nov 2, 2016
  2. ar300500 Win User

[BSOD] SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 00000000`c0000096 ntoskrnl.exe

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AitL2pVJCB_LokJzYyXxyxVfaMF3

my pc crashed again. It didn't have driver verifier on for reasons I stated before.

The driver that's causing the issue is clearly:

ntoskrnl.exe

Can you help me fix it?

ar300500, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Iqshan Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

Hello

My laptop has been facing issues lately, whenever I were to use the battery and charged my laptop, my laptop would just crash and showed me a blue screen. I did some digging and used BlueScreenView and turns out it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Bug Check String: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Bug Check Code: 0x0000009f

Parameter 1: 00000000`00000003

Parameter 2: ffffc581`165a6060

Parameter 3: fffff800`569267f0

Parameter 4: ffffc581`1db404f0

Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0

Processor: x64

Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0

Moved fromntoskrnl.exe Causing My PC to crash :( Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers )

Iqshan, Nov 2, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

ntoskrnl.exe Causing My PC to crash

Hi antmann157,

Welcome to the 10forums and apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

axe0, Nov 6, 2016
  5. yes thanks. Sorry for the reply a day later but here is a link to my dump files. I already updated my BIOS.
    https://mymdc-my.sharepoint.com/pers...b9db2006&rev=1

antmann157, Nov 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Nov 8, 2016
  7. Here is the file to my attachments. Thanks

antmann157, Nov 8, 2016
  8. ntoskrnl.exe Causing My PC to crash

I've followed the format and posted the file above. Thanks

antmann157, Nov 8, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    The errors are 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (Windows Hardware Error Architecture)
    This means that there are problems with your hardware, but this error is also caused by overclocking, faulty drivers, overheating, improper seating or BIOS problems.

ntoskrnl.exe Causing My PC to crash [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

FOUR
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

axe0, Nov 8, 2016
  10. For how long do i stress test the cpu?

antmann157, Nov 8, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Everything you need to know is described in the tutorials.

12. Sorry for not logging on in a while but I tried to run the stress test but my cpu got to a temp of 96c so i stopped the test because i'm scared it'll fail on me.

antmann157, Nov 20, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

When did you last time clean your system or replaced thermal paste?
    Or is the cooler not on 100% when the CPU is under load?

14. its on 100% last time I put thermal paste was 6 months ago and i haven't really cleaned my PC since I got a new case and gpu two months ago.

antmann157, Nov 21, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Then there is something wrong with your cooler, you did remove any overclock present?

Thema:

1. ntoskrnl.exe Causing My PC to crash - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl exe Causing

2. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  3. ntoskrnl Windows 11 Crash PC Bootable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl Windows 11 Crash PC Bootable: HiI started getting full blue screen crashes after having no previous issues. Starting today when I booted my PC.I cannot provide minidump files or run CMD as admin as that leads to instant crashes. I run the latest drivers on windows and my Nvidia graphics card. I have tried...
  4. ntoskrnl Windows 11 Crash PC Bootable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl Windows 11 Crash PC Bootable: HiI started getting full blue screen crashes after having no previous issues. Starting today when I booted my PC.I cannot provide minidump files or run CMD as admin as that leads to instant crashes. I run the latest drivers on windows and my Nvidia graphics card. I have tried...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. NTOSKRNL causing hourly BSOD crashes Window 10

NTOSKRNL causing hourly BSOD crashes Window 10: Hi allfor the last few months my PC has been crashing randomly overnight, this has been getting worse to the point that it is happening every 15-30 mins. I am receiving multiple different Blue screen errors, from checking Bluescreenview they are caused by "allntoskrnl.exe...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  10. NTOSKRNL Crash

NTOSKRNL Crash: Hey guys, I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when I manually restart or shutdown the computer. I have checked the dump logs, which point back to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. I...
Tags: