Windows 10: Num Lock problem during startup

Discus and support Num Lock problem during startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm using Lenovo G500s Laptop for more than 6 Years. Whenever i turn on the laptop or restart it for the windows update, the laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kameysh, Feb 20, 2020.

1. kameysh Win User

Num Lock problem during startup

Hi All,

I'm using Lenovo G500s Laptop for more than 6 Years. Whenever i turn on the laptop or restart it for the windows update, the laptop is getting stuck in Lenovo Logo with num lock button enabled in the keyboard automatically.

During startup, the num lock button will enable by default and stays longer till i manually remove battery and reboot it. Sometimes, it will go off during startup and the Screen will boot to windows.

Why this is happening? What can be done. Please help me out on this as windows updates are still pending.

Regards,

Kamesh.S

:)

kameysh, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Kris Ver Win User

NUM Lock issue

Hi Karl,

The status of the NUM LOCK key is specific for each user, and NUM LOCK is disabled by default. If you want the NUM LOCK key enabled for use before a user presses CTRL+ALT+DEL to log on, you must use Registry Editor to change the default behavior.

To enable NUM LOCK before a user logs on, follow these steps:

• Run Registry Editor.
    • Move to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.
    • Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2.

IMPORTANT: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: How to back up and restore the registry in Window.

Kindly update us with the result.

Kris Ver, Feb 20, 2020
  3. ThumpeZ1 Win User
    Num lock

This problem began after the Anniversary Update.

I have chosen to logon with a pin number. The num lock is on until the startup reaches the lock screen, then the num lock turns off.

I don't have this problem on restart.

ThumpeZ1, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Num Lock problem during startup

num lock will not stay on

Hello REBrake,

Just to note, this below is only for num lock on the sign in screen. Double check step 2 below to see if you may need to temporarily turn off Fast Startup.

Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Normally, you Windows 10 will have num lock on or off depending on how it was when last shut down.

Shawn Brink, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Num Lock problem during startup

1. Num Lock problem during startup - Similar Threads - Num Lock problem

2. Num Lock on Startup. Please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Lock on Startup. Please: I know this horse is already dead. It's been beaten repeatedly for years. Just the same, I am here to flog it some more.For the love of all that is good in the world, please make Num Lock = ON the default state for Windows.If that's not a reasonable request, please add a...
  3. Num Lock on Startup. Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num Lock on Startup. Please: I know this horse is already dead. It's been beaten repeatedly for years. Just the same, I am here to flog it some more.For the love of all that is good in the world, please make Num Lock = ON the default state for Windows.If that's not a reasonable request, please add a...
  4. CapsLock and Num Lock visual problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CapsLock and Num Lock visual problem.: I dont know when it started, but always when I press CAPS or Num Lock, this visual pop up appears, disturbing my work. I want to stop seeing this on my screen. Ps: I already saw some solutions, but I dont have a Samsung, Dell, Acer or Lenovo. I keep seeing this pop-up. I...
  5. Num lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock: bios numlock is on, registry in default user is set to 2 as well as specific users, as they look date formatted i dont think it matters, but they were all 0 so i changed them all num lock turns off every time i log in. why doesn't microsoft listen to the bios setting, or...
  6. capslock-num lock notification problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    capslock-num lock notification problem: [ATTACH] yesterday my pc started to give me notification about caps lock num lock on the bottom right side of the screen. the real problem is when I'm playing games and i accidentally press capslock the game goes down I'm using SteelSeries apex 350 keyboard and I'm using...
  7. num lock

num lock: My num lock and the number keys on the far right of the keyboard do not work while on the internet. They work normally if not. I can not use the keys to include them in an email. Need some help. By the way the number keys on the top of the keyboard work in both formats....
  8. Num Lock

Num Lock: Why can't WINDOWS include a setting so that non-gamers can choose to have Num Lock permanently ON unless the keyboard key is depressed. I've tried several 'fixes' but none work and Num Lock comes up OFF every start-up and sometimes goes off randomly during normal use. My PC...
  9. Num Lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Num Lock: When I restart my computer the num lock is disabled. How do I keep it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_8/num-lock/e59ee399-5c71-4de8-8f07-44744b9ee600
  10. Num lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num lock: How do I get NUM LOCK OFF recognized for numbers to print? Characters will not register. 61221