Windows 10: Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active

Discus and support Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active until Windows 10 completely boots up. This function is turned on in bios.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnRoss1969, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active

The numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active until Windows 10 completely boots up. This function is turned on in bios.

PC IS:

Acer Aspire ATC-705-UC52 Desktop, Intel Core i7-4790 Quad-Core 3.6GHz, 1TB SATA, 12GB DDR3, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win10

:)

JohnRoss1969, Jun 9, 2016

2. Keys on the left side of the keyboard are not working properly in Windows 10.

Sorry that I did not reply earlier, but the keyboard worked fine the next morning, which is strange since restarting did nothing by itself. Now the problem is back, so I guess this wasn't just a one-time thing. The problem is not specific to a program
    and persists anywhere that allows me to type. Since the keyboard is attached to the laptop, I'm not sure what type of keyboard it is. The device manager has two things under keyboard, "HID Keyboard Device" and "Standard PS/2 Keyboard". Both are up to date.
    The hardware and devices repair also did not work. Any other ideas?

Cobalt0000000, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Keys on the left side of the keyboard are not working properly in Windows 10.

Hi Cobalt,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a program?
    • What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If issue persist, update your keyboard drivers from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Keyboards option.
    • Right click on the keyboard driver and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active

What do you mean by "not active"? Num Lock must be on or they will do the other function.

alphanumeric, Jun 9, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active

1. Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active - Similar Threads - Numbers through Right

2. Right side of taskbar is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right side of taskbar is not showing: Hey Right side of my taskbar Which have date time , notification, Internet connection sign is not showing . Anyone know how to fix it . Adding a picture for more help . Look at right bottom corner.its blank.elp....
  3. Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates: As the title suggests, I am only able to type the number 9 after holding the key beyond the point of the character repeat delay, at which point it will press as normal, repeating the character until released. I have tested this issue with 2 keyboards and have additionally...
  4. Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working: I believe after a recent update is when the above see subject line happened. It also moved all my icons on main screen all over which I fixed. I need to know how to get the keys I can't get to work working again without spending tons of money to go to a repair place or...
  5. Show windows side by side not working right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side by side not working right: When I try to use the "Show windows side by side" option, more often than not, the windows will not tile correctly. Windows seems to think there are some invisible applications/programs running. see image. The only ways I have found to remedy this are: Reboot Sign out...
  6. Right side of screen

Right side of screen: So when i load My games from windows 10 . Then i click the right side of the screen it brings me back to windows. It also not just one game its all of them. Ive been trying to work out if theres some boarder system that i need to turn off. Can anyone help me workout where I’m...
  7. Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours: Hello people, I'm trying to update Windows 10 from 1809 to 1903. The downloading phase was quick, installation took well over 7 hours and now I'm at the restarting stage. The blue screen says working on updates 0% for 9hours. I was wondering whether these astronomical...
  8. not printin right side

not printin right side: Dear All My OS windows 10 Prof Printer is using Epson LQ310 driver is original for lq310 custom form is created width is 8.27 in and hight is 3.66 in but while printing only on right side two no digit missing not printing for example 2019 only xx19 this 19 is missing...
  9. Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use Number keys on right side of the keyboard: and the numbers keys on the right side of the keyboard have never worked. Is this normal for this new computer? ***Modified tittle from: new HP Envy 360 windows 10 laptop***...
  10. keyboard side numbers

keyboard side numbers: How do I reset the computer settings back to default settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-side-numbers/90773e25-393a-4dbc-a1ad-d010198eaa7d