Windows 10: Numlock is Disabled Everytime at Bootup - How Do I Enable it?

Discus and support Numlock is Disabled Everytime at Bootup - How Do I Enable it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Everytime I boot windows my numlock is disabled. I tried to edit the registry but that doesnt work. How do i enable it everytime my PC boots? 105464 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Mar 4, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Numlock is Disabled Everytime at Bootup - How Do I Enable it?

Everytime I boot windows my numlock is disabled. I tried to edit the registry but that doesnt work. How do i enable it everytime my PC boots?

:)

yahanna, Mar 4, 2018
  2. Spamwize2 Win User

How to activate numlock automatically when windows 10 starts?

Well I tried changing the registry too but on restart Windows resets everything on a keyboard check.

This following does work and has done everytime.

Disable Fast Startup to Enable NumLock

Press Win + x (brings up control panel)

click 'power plan'

click on 'what the power buttons do'

They will be greyed out so

click on 'change settings currently unavailable'

scroll down and uncheck 'Turn on Fast startup'

Thats it. Shut down and reboot and NumLock will retain last configuration.

Spamwize2, Mar 4, 2018
  3. djlanie Win User
    Numlock on at startup

I have some information concerning the NumLock being off at startup. It would always be off when I booted up to the screen to enter the PIN. I remember somewhere reading about the 'on screen' keyboard, but did nothing with it because I don't have a touch
    screen. After checking the registry 'keyboard' information, and the 'quick start' and 'NumLock' in BIOS, I still had to turn the NumLock on manually at bootup. When I brought up the On Screen keyboard and checked the options for the On Screen keyboard, I
    found a checkbox for the NumLock 'unchecked'. When I put a check mark in the box, my NumLock now is on when I boot. So, even though I wasn't using the On Screen keyboard, that is what was not allowing the NumLock key to be 'on' at bootup!

djlanie, Mar 4, 2018
  4. enigma101 Win User

You probably need to enable it in the BIOS. Entering the BIOS is usually done by holding down the DEL or F2 key immediately after power on. The NUMLOCK option is within one of the sub-menus.

enigma101, Mar 4, 2018
  5. MeAndMyComputer, Mar 4, 2018
  6. hdmi Win User
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Mar 4, 2018
  8. Try3 Win User

@enigma101 is correct, look in your BIOS. BIOSes vary but on mine the entry for enabling NumLock is within the section POST behaviour.

When you have that set in the BIOS you can, if it is useful in your situation, consider the other suggestions.

Denis

Try3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Numlock is Disabled Everytime at Bootup - How Do I Enable it? - Similar Threads - Numlock Disabled Everytime

2. Disable the Numlock LED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable the Numlock LED: Is there a way to disable numlock led light while keeping its function enabled?Win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-the-numlock-led/36457729-08ed-4e67-a72c-7a94af294aae
  3. EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?: EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esediskflushconsistency-is-enabled-how-do-i/a9e13e58-b9ec-4380-b317-917a45c37ed4
  4. EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?: EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esediskflushconsistency-is-enabled-how-do-i/a9e13e58-b9ec-4380-b317-917a45c37ed4
  5. EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled. How do I disable it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop: I am lookin to always have the Numlock key on regardless of whether I press it. I do NOT need help turning it on upon startup. One major example of my issue is that I’ll use the alt+7 function to create a • while typing a lengthy amount of text for work. While alt codes help...
  7. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop: I am lookin to always have the Numlock key on regardless of whether I press it. I do NOT need help turning it on upon startup. One major example of my issue is that I’ll use the alt+7 function to create a • while typing a lengthy amount of text for work. While alt codes help...
  8. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. permanently enable numlock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    permanently enable numlock?: i've enabled numlock at startup by editing the registry and disabling fast startup without realizing it was only to toggle it on at startup (which it was already doing). how can i prevent numlock from disabling entirely? i've been looking for a while and it's for a problem in...
  10. numlock won't stay on at bootup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    numlock won't stay on at bootup.: how can I make windows 10 boot up with numlock on once and for all? Nothing I have found online works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-wont-stay-on-at-bootup/d749b55e-6219-431f-9ee2-ba0d38d6fa7e