Windows 10: OCR

Discus and support OCR in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Office 2010 Home and Student. Is there a way, besides cloud or buying OCR software, to use OCR with Windows 10? I did find "Free OCR" and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maranna, Nov 14, 2017.

1. maranna Win User

OCR

I have Office 2010 Home and Student. Is there a way, besides cloud or buying OCR software, to use OCR with Windows 10?
    I did find "Free OCR" and it is just ok. The price for OCR is very high and it did not come with this printer.I tried Google OCR but I did not want my private data in the cloud.
    A full version of Office has a provision for OCR but I did not know if Word can do it with the 2010 version.

:)

maranna, Nov 14, 2017
  2. Lead3 Win User

Windows fax and scan

???? OCR? If you are scanning and wanting digital format, then OCR for the scanner is needed but to send a FAX from a file, it is not.

Lead3, Nov 14, 2017
  3. How can I copy a text paper to an application that will convert it to a document that can be edited?

In this day and age one asks Google like so:

What is OCR?

Frederik Long, Nov 14, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

OCR

8 best OCR software for Windows 10

cereberus, Nov 14, 2017
  5. maranna Win User
    >Is there a way I can download Free OCR to a disc or flash drive, in case I need it to reinstall my OS?
    Is it a matter of downloading to a DVD and when needed, click on setup?
    Thanks for the referrals.

maranna, Nov 14, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    MS Office 2010 Home and Student.
    That comes with OCR in Microsoft OneNote 2010, look in your all programs list under Office. That has OCR. It will start with an offer of a free upgrade but cancel that for the moment.

Start up a new Notebook > Insert picture > Select picture > Right click > Copy text from picture(this is the OCR bit).

Then obviously paste text into what ever you want, Word 2010 etc.

The hidden corners of your applications you never knew you had...

If you have a flatbed scanner or similar they are usually supplied with a cut down version of some OCR application. My old HP Scanner came with a cut down version of Iris OCR.

Helmut, Nov 14, 2017
  7. maranna Win User
    Could you please also tell me how to write the 'free ocr' download to disc? Thank you for instructions with One Note.

maranna, Nov 14, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

OCR

Free OCR on that suggested list is online so just save in your Browser favourites same as anything else.

If it's an install file just save that somewhere, HDD, DVD, USB key etc.

Helmut, Nov 14, 2017
  9. maranna Win User
    It is a download and install so I just allow the target to be a DVD +if I need it again it will play off of setup?

maranna, Nov 14, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    You download the Install file to a Folder on your hard drive, normally that would be the "Downloads" folder, then you move it to a more suitable location.
    If required, burn that file to a DVD or you can copy to a USB key, or whatever you want.

Setup installs the application to be used.

Only stand alone applications can be run directly from the *.exe file.

Helmut, Nov 14, 2017
  11. Kari Win User
  12. meebers Win User
    meebers, Nov 14, 2017
  13. maranna Win User

OCR

@Helmut - it is stand alone so I will install in DVD for future use. @Kari One Onte is interesting and I appreciate the referrals.
    I will practise with both.

maranna, Nov 14, 2017
  14. maranna Win User
    I really need help. I have been trying for hours to scan a document then have Onenote convert it to editable text in Word.
    I did it once but cannot remember how. I have tried it as all the extensions but once succeeded with .Jpeg.
    I have Office 2010 Home and Student with Word. I am running Windows 10 pro.
    I have watched tutorials but I cannot "save as picture" as they advise.
    Now I cannot get Onenote to begin again cleanly. It has old folders showing.
    Please, a few tips would really be appreciated.

maranna, Nov 18, 2017
  15. maranna Win User
    I used the control panel>programs and features>MS Office>rt click>change and enabled OCR.Now when I insert a document, I copy paste then when it is in word I double click it and it is enabled to move characters around.

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

OCR

1. OCR - Similar Threads - OCR

2. How to use PDF X Premium to convert OCR to text as advertised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use PDF X Premium to convert OCR to text as advertised.: I purchased PDF X Premium but it cannot convert OCR to text as advertised. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-pdf-x-premium-to-convert-ocr-to-text-as/215b2dfd-cdbd-4631-89d3-b31374e6ba2f
  3. How to use PDF X Premium to convert OCR to text as advertised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use PDF X Premium to convert OCR to text as advertised.: I purchased PDF X Premium but it cannot convert OCR to text as advertised. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-pdf-x-premium-to-convert-ocr-to-text-as/215b2dfd-cdbd-4631-89d3-b31374e6ba2f
  4. OCR Error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OCR Error on Windows 10: Hi,I installed a program shareX but when I try to use its OCR feature it throws an error:After, I tried Microsoft PowerTool's OCR feature but it doesn't work either.I tried to install .net 7.0 but problem was still there.My language pack seems allright.What should I do to...
  5. OCR Error on Windows 10

OCR Error on Windows 10: Hi,I installed a program shareX but when I try to use its OCR feature it throws an error:After, I tried Microsoft PowerTool's OCR feature but it doesn't work either.I tried to install .net 7.0 but problem was still there.My language pack seems allright.What should I do to...
  6. OCR Error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. OCR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OCR: I'm told I need an OCR so that I can edit scanned in docs. I am completely ignorant of these. Please advise, is this an app are they free and how do they relate to the scanned document ie how do I work them?Many thanksRay.TJ...
  8. OCR

OCR: I'm told I need an OCR so that I can edit scanned in docs. I am completely ignorant of these. Please advise, is this an app are they free and how do they relate to the scanned document ie how do I work them?Many thanksRay.TJ...
  9. Can Narrator on windows 11 22H2 do OCR reading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Narrator on windows 11 22H2 do OCR reading?: Like the title said, Can Narrator read texts from images? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-narrator-on-windows-11-22h2-do-ocr-reading/5da74a7b-87c7-4e98-9299-aa685909f91e
  10. Can Narrator on windows 11 22H2 do OCR reading?

Can Narrator on windows 11 22H2 do OCR reading?: Like the title said, Can Narrator read texts from images? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-narrator-on-windows-11-22h2-do-ocr-reading/5da74a7b-87c7-4e98-9299-aa685909f91e