Windows 10: Odd Sign-in versus Auto Sign-in Problem in 1607

Discus and support Odd Sign-in versus Auto Sign-in Problem in 1607 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After having done the update, I'm having two issues that are bugging me: 1. I cannot change the lock screen from the "cave by the shore" default nor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheSchaft, Aug 4, 2016.

1. TheSchaft Win User

Odd Sign-in versus Auto Sign-in Problem in 1607

After having done the update, I'm having two issues that are bugging me:

1. I cannot change the lock screen from the "cave by the shore" default nor bypass it (Brink is working on the bypass issue I believe)

2. If I go into netplwiz and uncheck the need for a password, the "Welcome" screen has the system default user picture, that drawing of a circle over an arch, not the picture I assigned to the account. With the need for a password, the picture on both the sign-in screen and "Welcome" screen is correct tho.

The lock screen issue I can live with since I normally don't use a password, but the default user picture is bugging me. I went into %ProgramData%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures and replaced all the default pictures with ones the same name and size of the picture that I have for the account, but it still shows the default.

I've searched around for another place where the default picture is, but cannot find any, even with the search including hidden system files.

Anybody know where the system default user pictures are stored, other than in the User Account Pictures?

:)

TheSchaft, Aug 4, 2016

2. Is Microsoft Office lost when upgrading to Windows 10?

My installation of Windows 10 dumped Office 2010 and now the product key is not being recognized. Ploy to make people spend $$ to upgrade?

Sign-in Error in NJ, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Installing the Samsung ML-1210 printer driver on Windows 10

How?

Win 10 (64 bit) on a HP laptop. Identifies as Samsung ML-1210. Hooked up as local printer via USB cable.

That driver does not work. Tried the Arron fix, ML-2250 (printer\gdi\vista_64)

say "properly working" won't print.

sign in multiple accounts, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello TheSchaft, *Smile

Q1) I've added OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to be able to disable the lock screen again, but it doesn't do so at startup.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option3

Q2) I'm not aware of way to stop this yet when you have netplwiz set to automatically sign in to an account at startup. The blue note box at the top of the tutorial below will show you the default locations for account pictures to help.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 4, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Option 2 is a well known bug (to Insiders). Been reported many times now.

cereberus, Aug 4, 2016
  6. TheSchaft Win User
    Thanks Brink and cereberus. Looks like I'll have to learn to love the system default user picture. *Smile

TheSchaft, Aug 4, 2016
  7. tracit99 Win User
    I have been searching ever since build 14371 was released for the location of the default user picture on the login screen. I have not found it yet and I wonder if it is really a picture (.jpg or .png format). Remember the Hero background image. It was originally contained in a .pri type file which is a resource file format used by MS. Where it comes from may not be as important as can we change it. I suspect the default user picture on the login screen is some type of layer imposed on to the login screen. Note it is not solid like the other default pictures. I believe someone will find its source and find a way to change it or disable it. Only time will tell.

tracit99, Aug 4, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 11, 2016
  9. TheSchaft Win User
    Shawn -

That did it! I made the change in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Default Account Pictures folder and now I have the picture that I want during an autologin.

A million thanks. *Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin

TheSchaft, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it could help. *Party

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd Sign-in versus Auto Sign-in Problem in 1607 - Similar Threads - Odd Sign versus

2. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in Signing out problem: After start on computer showing "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of yours account and then signing back in. if you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost" how i solve this problem....
  3. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing in Signing out problem: After start on computer showing "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of yours account and then signing back in. if you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost" how i solve this problem....
  4. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Auto sign in problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto sign in problem.: Not really sure if that's the problem but since I installed KeePass, at Windows start > Sign in that's set to automatically sign in to only (Microsoft/hotamail account) it says wrong password. When I enter it, it signs in with no problem. Since then, I uninstalled KeePass,...
  6. Windows sign in versus local host sign in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sign in versus local host sign in?: I had an issue with my computer Alienware Area 51 R2 and the Dell support went into msconfig and de-selected all the start up except Microsoft to have a clean boot. When it re-booted it did not allow me to sign in with my PIN and it would not recognize my password. This went...
  7. Odd lenova account during sign in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd lenova account during sign in.: This morning I went to sign into my local account and noticed there was an option to sign into lenova account, so I signed into my admin account to further investigate it, but it wasn't listed. So I signed back out to check if it was still there and now it's gone. Edit....
  8. Odd Microsoft sign-in window

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd Microsoft sign-in window: Hello, For some time I have been pretty frequently being asked to log in using my Microsoft account, see image below. Why? I also noticed this morning that Outlook couldn't be started due to this sign-in request. How to get rid of this? Thanks!...
  9. Google auto sign-in

in Browsers and Email
    Google auto sign-in: W7, Google not Chrome, Firefox on a p.c. I do apologise again for asking such a simple question, but how can I enable auto sign-in on my pc when I want to read my Google emails? I have this useful setting on my W10 pc - someone must have done it for me a year or two ago and...
  10. Google auto sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Google auto sign-in: W7, Google not Chrome, Firefox on a p.c. I do apologise again for asking such a simple question, but how can I enable auto sign-in on my pc when I want to read my Google emails? I have this useful setting on my W10 pc - someone must have done it for me a year or two ago and...