Windows 10: Older media player can't connect to windows 10 shares

Discus and support Older media player can't connect to windows 10 shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a new windows 10 PC. I setup file sharing (using a PW) and I am able to login and access the folder from my windows 7 PC and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ichipmaker, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Older media player can't connect to windows 10 shares

Hi,

I recently got a new windows 10 PC. I setup file sharing (using a PW) and I am able to login and access the folder from my
    windows 7 PC and my newer nvidia shield media player. However, on my older neotv550 media player, I can't connect.
    Both media players can access windows 7 shares with no problem.

Any advice? Thanks!!

:)

ichipmaker, Jan 21, 2020

2. Older media player can't connect to windows 10 shares

Hi,

I recently got a new windows 10 PC. I setup file sharing (using a PW) and I am able to login and access the folder from my
    windows 7 PC and my newer nvidia shield media player. However, on my older neotv550 media player, I can't connect.
    Both media players can access windows 7 shares with no problem.

Any advice? Thanks!!

ichipmaker, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Older media player can't connect to windows 10 shares

Welcome to Ten Forums ichipmaker.

A media player that old almost certainly requires SMB1. On a W10 PC you would have to enable 'SMB 1.0/CIFS Server' in Windows Features for it to be able to connect. SMB1 is disabled by default in W10 because it is a very old protocol and may be a security risk.

Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10

Thema:

1. Older media player can't connect to windows 10 shares - Similar Threads - Older media player

2. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?: Recently, I noticed when burning music CDs using Media Player, it burns them as CDA files, and not WMA, which is what I always used. The problem with CDA files is that no matter the length of songs, it compresses every one down to a minute 1 KB. Neil Young would go ape-sh*t...
  3. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?: Recently, I noticed when burning music CDs using Media Player, it burns them as CDA files, and not WMA, which is what I always used. The problem with CDA files is that no matter the length of songs, it compresses every one down to a minute 1 KB. Neil Young would go ape-sh*t...
  4. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player: I run the PlayerXtreme media app latest version on my IPAD. I setup Windows Media Player windows 10 latest updates to play videos from my PC. When connected it works great, but I intermittently lose the share between player and app. when I look at the app it show a network...
  6. Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player: I run the PlayerXtreme media app latest version on my IPAD. I setup Windows Media Player windows 10 latest updates to play videos from my PC. When connected it works great, but I intermittently lose the share between player and app. when I look at the app it show a network...
  7. Shared media player question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shared media player question: So recently some files in my shared library have been starting to stutter when playing them on my TV via the windows media sharing option from my computer. I dont know what has changed but its only some files not all. I am running Windows 10 and my PC and TV are both hard...
  8. media streamer (windows media player sharing) is nuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    media streamer (windows media player sharing) is nuts?: Question. i have 2 different windows 10 machines on my network. the media server is turned on, on a pc which is OFF. on another pc I open This PC, and under Network locations, before the network drives is icon that looks like external hard drive for the media server. when i...
  9. Windows Media Sharing with Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Sharing with Media Player: Streaming video to wifi devices ok when finding through "folders" but can't see any video playlists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-sharing-with-media-player/2ac15199-c59d-4038-89b7-386a784e8fab
  10. media sharing (Windows Media Player)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media sharing (Windows Media Player): I recently purchased a Smart TV, while l do watch content from an external there are occasions its kind of pointless to disconnect the drive for just one file, now l have no issues casting videos to the TV l was hoping for a little more control while in any kind of streaming...