Windows 10: On startup I have to choose which OS I want.

Discus and support On startup I have to choose which OS I want. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my laptop my OS is Windows 10 and only Windows 10. When I first bought the laptop it has Windows 7 installed. I then did a clean install of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Frank1 Win User

On startup I have to choose which OS I want.

On my laptop my OS is Windows 10 and only Windows 10. When I first bought the laptop it has Windows 7 installed. I then did a clean install of Windows 8 when it came out. This past July I did a clean install of Windows 10. A few weeks ago I kept getting the blue screen of death so I again I did a clean install of 10. That is I did it in such a way as to format everything on my hard drive and reinstall Windows 10. I’m having no problems now except for the fact that whenever I restart it gives me an option of choosing Windows 10 or Windows 7. Win10 is set as the default and I don’t even have Win7. Can anyone think of a reason why it gives me that option?

:)

Frank1, Apr 17, 2016

2. multiple outlook calendar, I want to choose which one to sync

You're going to have to use a third party application for that beefeater

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 17, 2016
  3. multiple outlook calendar, I want to choose which one to sync

here is a possible solution to consider:

Pocket Lookout - Vonken Software

Update: not a good solution. It does not support the latest activesync of WMDC

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

This probably has nothing to do with your issue. But, no harm making sure.....................

In your search box, type msconfig > Enter.
    Click Boot tab at the top.
    Do you see just your Win 10 listed or do you also see Win 7 listed ?
    If you see both, click Win 7 > click Delete > click OK when done.

davidhk, Apr 17, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 17, 2016
  6. Frank1 Win User
    Thank you. I did that and did see Windows 7 which I deleted and then clicked on "Apply". I no longer have to choose as it boots right into Win 10.

Frank1, Apr 18, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Good and you are welcome.

Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. On startup I have to choose which OS I want. - Similar Threads - startup choose

2. why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?: it’s asking me to choose operating system volume 2, volume 2, volume 3 how do i make it so that i have 1 operating system on my pc? i might’ve reinstalled windows 10 incorrectly...
  3. why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?: it’s asking me to choose operating system volume 2, volume 2, volume 3 how do i make it so that i have 1 operating system on my pc? i might’ve reinstalled windows 10 incorrectly...
  4. why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen: So on my PC there are two accounts. Local accounts, not Microsoft accounts, if that makes any difference. Mine with a password with admin rights and my wife's which is a guest account with no password.What I want is to be able to remove my password but at the startup screen...
  6. How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen: So on my PC there are two accounts. Local accounts, not Microsoft accounts, if that makes any difference. Mine with a password with admin rights and my wife's which is a guest account with no password.What I want is to be able to remove my password but at the startup screen...
  7. How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen

8. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig: HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of the things I tried was to run in diagnostic startup and run a repair. Since then I got stuck in this startup mode and I cant...
  9. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig: HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of the things I tried was to run in diagnostic startup and run a repair. Since then I got stuck in this startup mode and I cant...
  10. Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Choose how BitLocker unlocks OS Drive at Startup in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Windows users can enable or disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup, and can specify Minimum Length for BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 11 or Windows 10. In this post, we will show you how you can choose or change how BitLocker unlocks OS C Drive at Startup with...