Windows 10: On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon

Discus and support On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH]hello I have a problem with the icon please help thanks i tried to find on the internet but nothing can solve this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IanGoh2, Nov 6, 2019.

1. IanGoh2 Win User

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon 87e87997-1f18-4408-acad-4e9b8d281df1?upload=true.png hello I have a problem with the icon please help thanks i tried to find on the internet but nothing can solve this.

:)

IanGoh2, Nov 6, 2019

2. Missing icons for Trusted Microsoft Store Apps in Start Menu search and taskbar

Help!

The icons for my Trusted Microsoft Store apps are missing from my start menu when I search for them. They are also missing from my tasbar. I alo notice that icons are missing for files that are associated with these apps are missing.

Any idea on how to solve this?

When Using Search

Searching in the start menu won't show the icon for Trusted Microsoft Store apps. Other app icons are visible in the search.

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon YTgT5m.jpg

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon dU3L3m.jpg

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon 05vcYm.jpg

In start menu

The icons for the store apps are visible in the menu when not searching:

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon tDyrM.png

Not visible in taskbar either

Here you can see that both the Slack and Store app icons aren't visible on the taskbar:

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon PMuiz.png

No file icons for associated apps

My images are associated with Windows Photos (also a Microsoft Trusted Store App). The aren't showing their icons.

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon jMbJG.png

What I've done so far

I've been searching Google and the MS fora for hours now. What I've tried so far:

• Running all Windows Updates
    • Upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    • Clearing the general icon cache by deleting C:\Users\[snip]\AppData\Local\IconCache.db
    • Clearing Explorer icon cache by deleting C:\Users\[snip]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\IconCache*.db
    • Re-reregistring all Windows store apps with PowerShell by running: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Running Disk Clean Up and choosing Clean Up System Files
    • Running WSReset.exe

All to no avail. I hope you guys know a solution.

Kees C. Bakker, Nov 6, 2019
  3. harrymc Win User
    Missing icons for Trusted Microsoft Store Apps in Start Menu search and taskbar

Below are some troubleshooting steps in ascending order of severity.
    Before starting, take careful backups including a system image.
    I suggest using for that
    AOMEI Backupper Standard Free.
    Create also the AOMEI boot CD or USB and test that it can boot and can see
    both your system disk and the disk where the image backup is stored.

To reinstall all Store apps for the current account :

1. Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator
    2. Copy and paste the command below in PowerShell, and press Enter

3. Wait for this to finish and reboot.

If this does not work, Windows is in bad shape.
    Start by checking the integrity of system files :

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt (cmd) or an elevated Windows PowerShell.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, execute the command below :

3. Reboot

If this does not help, follow the steps outlined in the article<br>
    How to Repair Windows 10 Image using DISM.

If the problem is still there, we start getting into the heavy stuff.
    Execute
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade.

harrymc, Nov 6, 2019
  4. On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon

No home icon , no printer icon. also other icons such as address bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to home icon and printer icon in Microsoft Edge or File explorer?
    • Are you referring Address bar in Windows File Explorer or any other app/program?
    For getting Printer icon, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon

1. On Windows start bar all Microsoft trusted apps no icon - Similar Threads - start bar Microsoft

2. The Start button, search bar and all of the icons have disappeared from the task bar on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Start button, search bar and all of the icons have disappeared from the task bar on my...: I just purchased a HP Omen 30L with a GTX3090 GPU. When I logged in, it would not let me click on the start menu or connect to any wi fi networks. Now the start menu, search bar, and most of the settings have disappeared off of the task bar. How do I fix this?...
  3. Windows start bar not showing icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start bar not showing icons: I have upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11 for a while. Recently, the start bar plays up a bit, I use multiple desktops, some application icons not showing up.From the below screenshot, the second one is blank and the second last is a generic icon it should be FirefoxChecked...
  4. Windows start bar not showing icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start bar not showing icons: I have upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11 for a while. Recently, the start bar plays up a bit, I use multiple desktops, some application icons not showing up.From the below screenshot, the second one is blank and the second last is a generic icon it should be FirefoxChecked...
  5. Search Bar, Start Bar and apps installed from Microsoft Apps not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar, Start Bar and apps installed from Microsoft Apps not starting: So, this issue started two days ago after the Windows installed "2021-05 Cumulative for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003173". Since then, I am not able to run any app installed through Microsoft Store. The search bar is also completely unresponsive, so is...
  6. All icons in the search bar are a windows default

in Windows 10 Customization
    All icons in the search bar are a windows default: All of my icons appear as like in the screenshot below. I think this may be in result of my Windows key being stuck earlier and me catching a hotkey, if anyone could let me know how to fix this I'd appreciate it! P.S: This is only in the search bar, not task bar. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  8. Windows start button and search bar unresponsive, apps from microsoft store are all missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows start button and search bar unresponsive, apps from microsoft store are all missing: Nothing happens when click on start button or the search bar right-clicking the start button still brings up the options, otherwise I cant browse through my applications from the start button. I have specific apps pinned on my taskbar, but those that were installed from the...
  9. Start menu, search bar and all Windows 10 apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu, search bar and all Windows 10 apps not working: I'm on 1903. I can't even update to 1909 because settings app doesn't work, neither does the XBox one, nothing. Any know ways to fix this submitted by /u/megajackdark [link] [comments]...
  10. Trusted Microsoft Apps quitting on start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted Microsoft Apps quitting on start: All Trusted Microsoft Apps except for Netflix suddenly began crashing a few seconds after launch. These are apps like mail, calendar, photos, Minecraft win10 and others. I have tried many things. sfc /scannow resulted in corrupt files that were unable to fix. dism...