Windows 10: One Drive Uninstall or Disable

Discus and support One Drive Uninstall or Disable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I uninstall or diable OneDrive? 48641 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamP, Apr 27, 2016.

1. WilliamP Win User

One Drive Uninstall or Disable

How can I uninstall or diable OneDrive?

:)

WilliamP, Apr 27, 2016

2. how to uninstall microsoft photos programme

It is a nuisance as I use other programmes.

Is there ANY way to remove or disable it or preferably uninstall it?

All apps should be removable such as edge. one note or is it one drive?

jijijijijijijijijijijiji, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Running NinjaTrader 7 on Windows 10

I discovered that OneDrive was attempting to backup the data from Ninja. I had to uninstall and re-install Ninja after disabling One Drive.

WilliamJ543, Apr 27, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Before I try to answer you, would you please clarify one point ?

Are you using XP as your system specs says or are you using Windows 10.
    If Windows 10, which edition ?
    Home or Pro ?

davidhk, Apr 27, 2016
  5. WilliamP Win User
    I am using Windows 10 Home ,

WilliamP, Apr 27, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
  7. WilliamP Win User
    Thank you for the help.

WilliamP, Apr 27, 2016
  8. WilliamP Win User

If I go to all apps and right click on One Drive it gives the option to uninstall. What will happen if I tell it to uninstall.

WilliamP, Apr 27, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Won't work.
    It will lead you to Programs and Features.
    But, you won't find Onedrive listed there because it is part of the operating system. It cannot be uninstalled.
    Disable is the only option available.

davidhk, Apr 28, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    I simply use a local login account and do not login to onedrive (or Store etc) except when I need it. Then it is not active.

Disabling it is not really a good plan, as many have found disabling core functions is sometimes a one way street ie later you cannot reenable if you change your mind, and then you may be forced to a complete reinstall.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. One Drive Uninstall or Disable - Similar Threads - Drive Uninstall Disable

2. uninstalled one drive by accident

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstalled one drive by accident: hi !! i uninstalled one drive by accident, and i reinstalled it after but now all my app icons are white or just look like eath globe internet ones, how do i fix this???...
  3. uninstalled one drive by accident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalled one drive by accident: hi !! i uninstalled one drive by accident, and i reinstalled it after but now all my app icons are white or just look like eath globe internet ones, how do i fix this???...
  4. uninstalled one drive by accident

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One drive uninstall and retrieve files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive uninstall and retrieve files: I used one drive before realizing that all the files were copied to one drive and no longer resident on my local drive PC. I want to retireve all documents and photos and shut down One Drive. I am concerned I will loose many years of photos and docs. Help is appreciated....
  6. I want to uninstall ONE DRIVE...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to uninstall ONE DRIVE...: I want to uninstall ONE DRIVE. I never wanted it in the first place. Now, it has taken over my laptop and I can't get rid of it. Any suggestions? Nothing seems to be working and I am not smart enough to figure it out on my own......
  7. how to delete disable uninstall one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete disable uninstall one drive: How can I delete one drive or uninstall it?. I have 2 computers, the older one has Win 7, the new has Win 10. I do not want the one drive on either one. I have tried the "help" functions but it is not successful, the list of installed programs does not show the one drive...
  8. Uninstall one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall one drive: If I uninstall one drive, will I return to my regular photo import? (Photos icon on task bar). Don't want to use One Drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-one-drive/0c5f24d2-0703-4acb-a28b-6ca16179aef5"
  9. One Drive - Uninstall

One Drive - Uninstall: i posted this in another thread but did not get a reply. I have unticked 'Start OneDrive when I sign into windows' in the OneDrive App. But OneDrive still appears in File Explorer. According to the tutorial 'How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File...
  10. Disable or uninstall set up one drive popup

Disable or uninstall set up one drive popup: I am running Windows 10 home X64 and it seems like every day I get a pop up telling me to set up one drive. I do not want to use it and can't seem to uninstall it (I do not need to uninstall it).so how do I disable the pop up? thanks 75984