Windows 10: Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

Discus and support Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can easily save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cyberdesigner, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone.

OneDrive is free online storage at OneDrive.com that comes with your Microsoft account. Its like an extra hard drive thats available from any of the devices you use. You no longer need to email files to yourself or carry around (and possibly lose) a USB flash drive. Instead, whether youre on your laptop and working on a presentation, viewing photos from your last family vacation on your new tablet, or on your phone reviewing your shopping list, you can get to your files in OneDrive.

If you disable OneDrive integration:
    • Users can’t open the OneDrive app.
    • The OneDrive app will not run at startup for all users.
    • Windows Store apps can’t access OneDrive using the WinRT API.
    • OneDrive doesn’t appear in the navigation pane in File Explorer for all users.
    • OneDrive files aren’t kept in sync with the cloud.
    • Users can’t automatically upload photos and videos from the camera roll folder.
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable OneDrive integration to allow or prevent apps and features from working with files on OneDrive for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able enable or disable OneDrive integration.

*note This will not prevent users from being able to access files on their OneDrive online at OneDrive.com.

*note This will not affect syncing settings.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration using a REG file

EXAMPLE: OneDrive integration disabled

Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below instead.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and open OneDrive. (see screenshot below)

2. In the right pane OneDrive, double click/tap on Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage to edit the policy. (see screenshot above)

3. Do step 4 (enable) or step 5 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Enable OneDrive Integration
    A) Select (dot) Disabled or Not Configured, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 5A)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

5. To Disable OneDrive Integration
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 5A)

6. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

7. Add or remove OneDrive from the navigation pane for what you want.

8. restart the computer to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive

DisableFileSyncNGSC DWORD

0 or delete = enable
    1 = disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable OneDrive Integration
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_OneDrive_Integration.reg

Download

3. To Disable OneDrive Integration
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_OneDrive_Integration.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Add or remove OneDrive from the navigation pane for what you want.

8. restart the computer to apply.

9. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cyberdesigner, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 26, 2015
  3. How to check which version of Windows 10 is installed?

1.Type in winver in run dialog boxto see version/build of windows 10.

2.Yes updates generally load automatically except in metered connections.

3.Not really-a 32 bit system ISO is approx the same size as that of windows 7 and after installation too I think W10 takes as much space as 7.You can use disk cleanup utility

4.Yes,disable onedrive-OneDrive Integration - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

Thanks for sharing, it's definitely worth trying.

pranav1983, Sep 1, 2015
  5. DEDE99 Win User
    This one doesn't work, trying to disable but no way its always there inside File Explorer no matter what way I'm trying.
    can't imagine what I do wrong *Sad

DEDE99, Sep 20, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Dede, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Are you using Windows 10, or Windows 8.1 as in your specs?

Which option in the tutorial are you using?

Did you restart the computer afterwards?

Brink, Sep 20, 2015
  7. DEDE99 Win User
    Hello Brink, thanks for response and sorry for my late answer.
    I used the first option and after the second and did the restart of course on my Windows 10 Pro x64.
    The icon did disapear from my Taskbar but not from my Windows Explorer like your picture shows Windows 10 Help Forums
    Thank you

DEDE99, Oct 9, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration

Brink, Oct 9, 2015
  9. DEDE99 Win User
    Thanks a lot this one worked *Smile
    OneDrive is now removed from my Windows Explorer

DEDE99, Oct 9, 2015
  10. Due to the recent changes in storage size policy I decided to move to Dropbox. I clicked OneDrive icon on the taskbar, in the settings I disabled "run OneDrive when computer starts" and I also disabled the OneDrive sync option. My plan is to use "C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive" folder as DropBox folder. However, every time I open "C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive" in explorer, the window pops up that prompts me to enter OneDrive login information.. Hehehe, I certainly dont want to use OneDrive anymore, how do I get rid of this?

Roman Krejci, Jun 20, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Roman, *Smile

Did you restart the computer after disabling OneDrive integration?

I just tested this in the latest build 14367, and OneDrive integration is disabled and removed from the navigation pane. When I open my "%UserProfile%\OneDrive" folder, it'll open like any other folder, but there's no online integration available.

Brink, Jun 20, 2016
  12. Hello Brink, thank you for your response. Yes I did restart the computer couple of times. Not only the form prompting me for OneDrive e-mail address pops up whenever OneDrive foder is opened, but also OneDrave manager keeps being launched into tray icon every time the computer starts. perhaps I should have done more actions.As said, I entered setting by rightclicking tray OneDrive icon, and unchecked "launch OneDriev when the computer starts" on Settings tab, and clicked "Cancel sync with OneDrive" or whatever the text translation in English is on the Account tab. I need the tray icon to disappear and prompting dialog after opening OneDrive folder to disappear aswell.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Did you use OPTION ONE in group policy?

Brink, Jun 20, 2016
  14. No I did not , what should I click to actually use OPTION ONE? Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration :) Must say that I thought that stopping to use OneDrive will be as easy as to uncheck some settings, but it looks like more is involved.

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Option One will be in the tutorial on the first page in this thread. *Smile

Brink, Jun 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration - Similar Threads - Enable Disable OneDrive

2. Can't enable Memory integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Memory integrity: My device just won't let me enable Memory integrity, even though there aren't any incompatible drivers in the way.What is going on?Screenshots:Attempting to enable Memory integrityReviewing "incompatible drivers"System Info:OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single...
  3. Can't Enable Memory Integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Enable Memory Integrity: I keep getting a windows security exclamation notification for Local Security Authority protection is off Memory Integrity. When I try to enable it, I get a message that says it can't be turned on. I downloaded and ran the Autoruns64 tool, and the Drivers Tab shows 2 yellow...
  4. Can't Enable Memory Integrity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Enable Memory Integrity: I keep getting a windows security exclamation notification for Local Security Authority protection is off Memory Integrity. When I try to enable it, I get a message that says it can't be turned on. I downloaded and ran the Autoruns64 tool, and the Drivers Tab shows 2 yellow...
  5. Can hyperthreading be enabled with Memory Integrity enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can hyperthreading be enabled with Memory Integrity enabled?: Can hyperthreading be enabled on personal laptops with Memory Integrity enabled in Windows 11 Pro 22H2? When hyperthreading is enabled, an event log entry showed mitigations not enabled for virtual machines. One of the personal laptops that is much older does not seem to have...
  6. Can hyperthreading be enabled with Memory Integrity enabled?

Can hyperthreading be enabled with Memory Integrity enabled?: Can hyperthreading be enabled on personal laptops with Memory Integrity enabled in Windows 11 Pro 22H2? When hyperthreading is enabled, an event log entry showed mitigations not enabled for virtual machines. One of the personal laptops that is much older does not seem to have...
  7. Disabling memory integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling memory integrity: Trying to turn off Memory Integrity to get kinectcamera.sys to run. Windows has the option greyed out, saying I need to be admin to disable, but my account is an admin account....
  8. Disabling memory integrity

Disabling memory integrity: Trying to turn off Memory Integrity to get kinectcamera.sys to run. Windows has the option greyed out, saying I need to be admin to disable, but my account is an admin account....
  9. Enable or Disable Personal Vault in OneDrive and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Personal Vault in OneDrive and Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Personal Vault in OneDrive and Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Personal Vault in OneDrive and Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive....
  10. Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Salesforce to integrate with OneDrive: Salesforce.com today announced Salesforce Files Connect, a centralized, universal file-sharing solution that enables enterprise customers to seamlessly browse, search and share files located in any repository—all from a single user interface. We’re pleased to announce that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable onedrive integration windows 10

2. disable onedrive properly