Windows 10: one good one bad

Discus and support one good one bad in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tinmar49, Apr 1, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

one good one bad

I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message saying please insert your installation media, what installation media? Also there has been a message about an unmountable boot volume. Looks like I'll be looking for an ISO to do a fresh install.

:)

tinmar49, Apr 1, 2015
  2. nj7_ Win User

Which one is good?

Is almost the same phone... If 3G is important or not is up to you. The cheap of the three is the best.

nj7_, Apr 1, 2015
  3. is n95 A GOOD ONE

I concur with carman58.

I've had my N95 for several years using it for:

• Phone calls / SMS / MMS
    • Music player
    • Navigator
    • WiFi web browser
    • WiFi email (quicker than starting the computer)
    • various other minor apps.

Whilst there has been the odd hiccup along the way, the phone has been excellent most of the time.

I highly recommend it.

buzz13---01, Apr 1, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

one good one bad

adamf, Apr 2, 2015
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    The good one is still good, but the bad one is still struggling. I downloaded 10041 from Microsoft, burned a disc and did a clean install and had problems with the updates. Nvidia and Realtek failed again and again. Then things got slower, a thirty second wait for anything to open seems like a lifetime. I rebooted from the DVD and did another clean install. Sofar things havn't slowed down, but 18 fails against 4 successful updates is not an auspicious start, and I'm still on 10041 when the good pc went straight to 10049.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2015
  6. tinmar49 Win User
    This morning the Nvidia and Realtek drivers successfully installed along with a Windows defender update. The WD update was particularly stubborn, although when I opened WD, it claimed to be up to date. Now build 10049 is installing, 9% so far so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2015
  7. tinmar49 Win User
    Update: build 10049 was stillborn, Windows reverted to 10041. I've set build updates to the slow lane to avoid more hassle.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2015
  8. one good one bad

Good choice ... the ISO will be available when the Slow build is released.

The Fast ring is now really more like a development release - as it always should have been.

You want buggy code - use the fast ring *Tongue
    You want less buggy code - use the slow ring *Wink

If you want to stay on a build - change the flight to fbl_NoUpdate (until you want to get an build update). This probably affects Windows Update as well, so be cautious.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

one good one bad

1. one good one bad - Similar Threads - bad

2. Lost Windows 10 after the power went out in a bad storm

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Windows 10 after the power went out in a bad storm: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 free back in2017 or so. After a bad storm the power went out and I lost 10. How do I find it on my computer (desktop)? It has 7 now. * Moved from IE11/Win 7 * Original title: Lost Windows 10...
  3. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO (Blue Startup Screen)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO (Blue Startup Screen): Hi, I keep getting this blue screen, I have tried everything that I can think of but it just keeps looping back to this screen. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO Windows 10 home 64 Home PC Anyone here know what I can try? Thank you. [IMG]...
  4. Bad COA code on new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bad COA code on new device: I'll just put it this way. I had purchased a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro disk (and it comes with a COA code) And it worked fine. The first device is Dell Systems XPS L321X. The second device is Fujitsu UH 554. After the first installation, the code becomes strapped with my...
  5. How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list.: I have been adding TAGS to images to make them easier to sort. In my haste I spelled a name wrong. Now when I view the DETAILS view pane and then I click into the TAGS bar, and start entering a name, I get a pop-out list of all TAG suggestions starting with that letter...
  6. Bad Image Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Image Error: My device keeps popping up this- Windows- Bad image Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b parameters 0x7ffba7c72d58 0xc0000005 0xc7ffba7c72d58 0xc7ffba7c72d58 i can't run a single video based program such as Youtube, Netflix, saved vidoes anything and also the laptop...
  7. Can't buy windows 10 w/store + many vendors have issues with bad keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't buy windows 10 w/store + many vendors have issues with bad keys: I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. I was going to buy a download key via newegg but so many people there report that they were issued keys that failed or had been used before, and resolving the issue is complex, time consuming, and can fail. I then tried to buy from...
  8. Bad File? Why will **** Cleaner not delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad File? Why will **** Cleaner not delete?: **** Cleaner found a file that it cannot delete. I have never seen this file or situation before, so I am concerned. The file is: C:\Users\Xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\SuggestedSites.dat . It seems to be related to Internet Explorer. Why can I not...
  9. I need help because I my connectivity is bad for some reason.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help because I my connectivity is bad for some reason.: I've been using my HP notebook for quite a while now and I've never had issues connecting with it upstairs, directly above the wifi router. But for some reason in the past 3 days, all of a sudden I have no internet connection in my room, where all my things are etc because...
  10. Bad System Config Info on bootup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad System Config Info on bootup.: Over the past few days, my computer monitor has been freezing while the audio continues for a while, then stops and makes a stuttering sound before restarting. After a restart, it'd be fine and after a few days, it had stopped. Now it won't let me even boot up windows....