Windows 10: one good one bad

Discus and support one good one bad in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tinmar49, Apr 1, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

one good one bad

I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message saying please insert your installation media, what installation media? Also there has been a message about an unmountable boot volume. Looks like I'll be looking for an ISO to do a fresh install.

:)

tinmar49, Apr 1, 2015
  2. nj7_ Win User

Which one is good?

Is almost the same phone... If 3G is important or not is up to you. The cheap of the three is the best.

nj7_, Apr 1, 2015
  3. is n95 A GOOD ONE

I concur with carman58.

I've had my N95 for several years using it for:

• Phone calls / SMS / MMS
    • Music player
    • Navigator
    • WiFi web browser
    • WiFi email (quicker than starting the computer)
    • various other minor apps.

Whilst there has been the odd hiccup along the way, the phone has been excellent most of the time.

I highly recommend it.

buzz13---01, Apr 1, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

one good one bad

adamf, Apr 2, 2015
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    The good one is still good, but the bad one is still struggling. I downloaded 10041 from Microsoft, burned a disc and did a clean install and had problems with the updates. Nvidia and Realtek failed again and again. Then things got slower, a thirty second wait for anything to open seems like a lifetime. I rebooted from the DVD and did another clean install. Sofar things havn't slowed down, but 18 fails against 4 successful updates is not an auspicious start, and I'm still on 10041 when the good pc went straight to 10049.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2015
  6. tinmar49 Win User
    This morning the Nvidia and Realtek drivers successfully installed along with a Windows defender update. The WD update was particularly stubborn, although when I opened WD, it claimed to be up to date. Now build 10049 is installing, 9% so far so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2015
  7. tinmar49 Win User
    Update: build 10049 was stillborn, Windows reverted to 10041. I've set build updates to the slow lane to avoid more hassle.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2015
  8. one good one bad

Good choice ... the ISO will be available when the Slow build is released.

The Fast ring is now really more like a development release - as it always should have been.

You want buggy code - use the fast ring *Tongue
    You want less buggy code - use the slow ring *Wink

If you want to stay on a build - change the flight to fbl_NoUpdate (until you want to get an build update). This probably affects Windows Update as well, so be cautious.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

one good one bad

1. one good one bad - Similar Threads - bad

2. Windows 11 - I am not able to turn Memory Integration ON but bad driverlist is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - I am not able to turn Memory Integration ON but bad driverlist is empty.: Trying to ask the same question, there is not much I see I need to do based on all the steps mentioned in original thread - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-i-am-not-able-to-turn-memory/81101e36-a3d8-4dc8-8d85-fc5d1d9d694cTrying to know, what...
  3. Windows 11 - I am not able to turn Memory Integration ON but bad driverlist is empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - I am not able to turn Memory Integration ON but bad driverlist is empty.: Trying to ask the same question, there is not much I see I need to do based on all the steps mentioned in original thread - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-i-am-not-able-to-turn-memory/81101e36-a3d8-4dc8-8d85-fc5d1d9d694cTrying to know, what...
  4. Help me i need it so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me i need it so bad: i made a whole new microsoft account for my pc when i first got it. a few hours ago i had to go through some weird menu to turn on virtualization on my pc. but when i tried to go back in windows it took me to a blue screen for a security code. but since i dont have my other...
  5. Help me i need it so bad

Help me i need it so bad: i made a whole new microsoft account for my pc when i first got it. a few hours ago i had to go through some weird menu to turn on virtualization on my pc. but when i tried to go back in windows it took me to a blue screen for a security code. but since i dont have my other...
  6. Can minidump files tell you if your pc is crashing from bad ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can minidump files tell you if your pc is crashing from bad ram?: Pc crashing frequently. Can’t determine if it’s gpu, psu, or ram failure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-minidump-files-tell-you-if-your-pc-is-crashing/6c2122d0-b5e8-44ff-8bfc-c3f14761d2b4
  7. Can minidump files tell you if your pc is crashing from bad ram?

Can minidump files tell you if your pc is crashing from bad ram?: Pc crashing frequently. Can’t determine if it’s gpu, psu, or ram failure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-minidump-files-tell-you-if-your-pc-is-crashing/6c2122d0-b5e8-44ff-8bfc-c3f14761d2b4
  8. Bad lag spikes on pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad lag spikes on pc.: Hello, i get very bad lag spikes on my pc and i think it is related to my GPU i have tried cleaning my pc for dust and although i had alot of dust in my pc removing it had little effect on my pc performance, mg GPU and sometimes CPU seems to be getting overloaded i think.This...
  9. Bad lag spikes on pc.

Bad lag spikes on pc.: Hello, i get very bad lag spikes on my pc and i think it is related to my GPU i have tried cleaning my pc for dust and although i had alot of dust in my pc removing it had little effect on my pc performance, mg GPU and sometimes CPU seems to be getting overloaded i think.This...
  10. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...