Windows 10: One key, one computer ?

Discus and support One key, one computer ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I used Windows 10 on my desktop and it's work fine. I want to use now on my laptop. So I create a bootable usb key, install Windows and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nathan30, Jul 7, 2015.

1. nathan30 Win User

One key, one computer ?

Hi,

I used Windows 10 on my desktop and it's work fine. I want to use now on my laptop. So I create a bootable usb key, install Windows and when I need to enter the serial, I enter the serial I found on the insider website.

But Windows don't want to activate itself...

So, my question is, a key is usable on just one computer ?

Thanks in advance

:)

nathan30, Jul 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 computer -One Key recovery

Please work through the Windows 10 Install Integrity Checklist
    to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs are done.

If any steps cannot be performed then try whichever method works here to access
    Advanced Startup Options
    and then Startup Settings to get into
    Safe Mode with Networking which may work better to perform all of the steps, or from the Advanced Troubleshooting Options use the
    Command Prompt at boot to run Repair Commands in the
    Checklist.

If you’ll report back as you go, we may have other steps that are indicated. We will help you complete them all.

Remember however that the Upgrade and/or Factory installs are inferior installs which most tech enthusiasts would never run in the first place. For the best possible install look over these steps for doing a
    Clean Install Windows 10 which is the gold
    standard install in an OS where the quality of the install is everything.

Short of that there is an automated Reset Your Windows 10 PC which reinstalls the OS but doesn’t clear the hard drive
    to get it cleanest. Both of the above require reinstalling Programs and settings, however you can keep files, programs and most settings and still reinstall the OS by doing a
    Windows 10 Repair Upgradewhich can
    fix many problems that the Checklist repairs cannot.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 computer -One Key recovery

Hello Mr. Carmack, Thank you for replying to my question. In answer to your questions, the answer is "NO" to both. I'm just using my computer to check my e-mail or to do some typing. I'm not sure why this notice comes up? I wonder if this could be related
    to recent work I had done on my computer? Recently, some of the keys on my key board would not respond when I touched it. It has since been fixed and the issue started after this. I have a Lenovo Flex3 which is less than 2 yrs old.

J

JaniceKnight6865, Jul 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

One key, one computer ?

Hello Nathan,

Double check using the tutorial below to see if it may help you to activate. *Smile

Activate Windows 10

Brink, Jul 7, 2015
  5. nathan30 Win User
    Oh yes thanks, it works with the command prompt installation *Smile

Thanks a lot

nathan30, Jul 7, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

One key, one computer ?

1. One key, one computer ? - Similar Threads - key computer

2. Transfer old windows key to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer old windows key to new computer: I am hoping that I can do this. My last computer crashed and I cannot find the original CD key that is paired with that computer. I have the computer still linked to my account and plan on building my computer today. I am hoping for some guidance on how to activate it on the...
  3. Transfer old windows key to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer old windows key to new computer: I am hoping that I can do this. My last computer crashed and I cannot find the original CD key that is paired with that computer. I have the computer still linked to my account and plan on building my computer today. I am hoping for some guidance on how to activate it on the...
  4. Transfer old windows key to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key: I bought an already used Lenovo computer from the internet for university.But when I started the pc, I saw that theres already an account on it.So I wanted to reset the pc but when I pressed "reset the pc" they asked me for an recovery key.I dont have that key because as I...
  6. Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key

Completely reset Lenovo computer without recovery key: I bought an already used Lenovo computer from the internet for university.But when I started the pc, I saw that theres already an account on it.So I wanted to reset the pc but when I pressed "reset the pc" they asked me for an recovery key.I dont have that key because as I...
  7. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?: I have not used my old computer for a while, and when I tried turning it back on, it needs my bitlock recovery key. I have switched schools and can no longer remember my old account, and therefore cannot access my account. Is there a way I can still use my computer without...
  8. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?: I have not used my old computer for a while, and when I tried turning it back on, it needs my bitlock recovery key. I have switched schools and can no longer remember my old account, and therefore cannot access my account. Is there a way I can still use my computer without...
  9. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

10. Windows key forces computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key forces computer shutdown: Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-forces-computer-shutdown/e8f2d435-0223-4fca-b638-8f19f4bb1853