Windows 10: OneDrive Auto Download

Discus and support OneDrive Auto Download in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wasn't sure where to put this one, so feel free to relocate. I got this interesting dialog this morning, never seen it before. [img] 105521 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swarfega, Mar 5, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

OneDrive Auto Download

Wasn't sure where to put this one, so feel free to relocate.

I got this interesting dialog this morning, never seen it before.

OneDrive Auto Download [​IMG]

:)

swarfega, Mar 5, 2018

2. onedrive synchronise to phone

ok, First off all thanks to fast reply.

tell me more that it will auto download in onedrive app or i have to download it. if not auto download can i make auto download files which i upload from PC.

meghrammeena, Mar 5, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    onedrive synchronise to phone

If you want a file on the phone from OneDrive you have to select and download it to the phone.

There is no auto download

garym123, Mar 5, 2018
  4. OneDrive Auto Download

Right click the OneDrive icon in the notifications area and select Settings. Then go to the account tab and click on chose folders. I do believe if this option is checked, files not on that device will be downloaded until your folders on that device are synced with your actual online storage. So, lets say you uploaded a file from another device. Then log on to a different device using the same account. It syncs and downloads what's missing to that device. Best guess as to what's happening to you.
    Now, there is another setting that I think will sort of override this. If you go to the Auto Save Tab, and set those settings to this PC only. Only what you manually put into your One Drive folders gets synced. I prefer it that way myself.

alphanumeric, Mar 5, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    Your screenshot reveals that A: you have OneDrive Files on Demand enabled, and B: that you have opened an Excel file Book1.xlsx which was only available online, Explorer only showing a placeholder for it, or alternatively right clicked the placeholder in OneDrive folder and selected Always keep on this device.

OneDrive is doing what's asked, downloading it to your PC so it can be opened from local PC.

Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Kari, Mar 5, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    The thing is, I haven't opened Excel recently.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Auto Download

1. OneDrive Auto Download - Similar Threads - OneDrive Auto Download

2. OneDrive - How to Stop Auto-Download of Moved Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - How to Stop Auto-Download of Moved Files?: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.3448 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 I am a Microsoft 365 subscriber and as such have Premium OneDrive. I have two local hard drives on my computer, drives C and F. I noticed yesterday that...
  3. OneDrive - How to Stop Auto-Download of Moved Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - How to Stop Auto-Download of Moved Files?: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.3448 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 I am a Microsoft 365 subscriber and as such have Premium OneDrive. I have two local hard drives on my computer, drives C and F. I noticed yesterday that...
  4. OneDrive - How to Stop Auto-Download of Moved Files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive auto uploading images

Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  6. Onedrive auto uploading images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  7. Onedrive auto uploading images

8. OneDrive Download

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Download: I have moved certain folders of some applications to a separate Drive named 'H', from my 'C" Drive, because I was afraid of losing these files in the cloud in the event of formatting the C Drive. These include 'Outlook PST' folder, Folders of OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox,...
  9. Auto storage to OneDrive

Auto storage to OneDrive: Somehow my setting got changed and all my Pictures and Documents are now being directly saved there. How do I change it back to save just to my Computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-storage-to-onedrive/e57449d5-a815-4f79-94b3-40f6653d48e6
  10. OneDrive Auto Updates

OneDrive Auto Updates: My understanding was that OneDrive app updates automatically. However I am seeing that there is a 18.025.0204 version and my installed version is 17.005.0107.0008. Do I have to install new versions manually? Won't this mess up the existing configuration? 107336