Windows 10: OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work

Discus and support OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have around 100 GB of pictures stored on Onedrive. This overfills my laptop so I have turned on the files on demand option to free up the space. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LesterBauman, Mar 7, 2020.

1. OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work

I have around 100 GB of pictures stored on Onedrive. This overfills my laptop so I have turned on the files on demand option to free up the space. I also clicked on the free up space option in the folder short menu. I even did this for all the sub folder. Onedrive starts syncing and frees up a bunch of space, like it should. But it keeps on syncing and starts downloading until my hard drive is full again. This leaves me with only a couple GB of space to work with. On my office computer I have onedrive set to store my files online and offline but I should be able to setup each computer individually.

:)

LesterBauman, Mar 7, 2020
  2. S.D.K Win User

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Mar 7, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 7, 2020
  4. OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work

5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work

1. OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work - Similar Threads - OneDrive Files Demand

2. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working: I use OneDrive on several devices, all of which work as intended, apart from one, my Surface Go 2 with W10. Files-On-Demand is checked in settings, but it constantly attempts to download everything until the disk is full. Free up space briefly works, but then the removed...
  3. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working: I use OneDrive on several devices, all of which work as intended, apart from one, my Surface Go 2 with W10. Files-On-Demand is checked in settings, but it constantly attempts to download everything until the disk is full. Free up space briefly works, but then the removed...
  4. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive, files on demand, and thumbnails

OneDrive, files on demand, and thumbnails: When "Files on demand" is enabled, I can't see the file thumbnails in folders inside OneDrive, even if the file is actually downloaded. How can I fix this?...
  6. Onedrive Files on Demand not working as described

Onedrive Files on Demand not working as described: I am currently having a problem getting Files on Demand working as I would expect. I have done many searches and the problem I am experiencing has been described in many threads since Files on Demand was rolled out ~two years ago without an acceptable solution being provided....
  7. Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive

Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive: Hi I've just read a useful article on the "Files on Demand" feature of OneDrive: https://www.brucebnews.com/2017/11/the-confusing-story-of-onedrive-files-on-demand-2/ It instructs me to "Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar and click on Settings" to get the...
  8. Onedrive Files on Demand Syncing erroneously

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Onedrive Files on Demand Syncing erroneously: Today, I noticed onedrive had redownloaded some files even though Files on Demand was set. I used "clear space" to remove local copies, but it immediately resynced files. Odd thing was it was only some folders or files (even only some of same file extension). Spent ages,...
  9. OneDrive's Files On-Demand not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive's Files On-Demand not working?: Hello, So I just clean installed the Fall Creators Update without any problems. I wanted to try out the OneDrive's File On-Demand feature. I noticed that I had to update OneDrive manually for that feature option to appear in OneDrive's Settings so I got the update from...
  10. OneDrive Files On-Demand For The Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Files On-Demand For The Enterprise: OneDrive Files On-Demand has been designed from the ground up for enterprises. Files On-Demand leverages the Windows Fall Creators update to simplify the user experience with cloud storage and sync, bring the power of the cloud into Windows File Explorer, and dramatically...