Windows 10: Onedrive keeps asking for email after I type it correctly for ransomwa

Discus and support Onedrive keeps asking for email after I type it correctly for ransomwa in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft security program prompted me to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. I click on set up, a pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eilhart, Sep 6, 2019.

1. eilhart Win User

Onedrive keeps asking for email after I type it correctly for ransomwa

After the recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft security program prompted me to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. I click on set up, a pop up opens to enter my account e-mail. I'm entering the e-mail I'm using for my Windows account. The one that is associated with my user account on my pc.

After I type it and continue same pop-up comes up again and empty. I hadn't used Onedrive for a long time. I had to unfreeze it. I logged in to Onedrive after unfreezing from my browser as well but the ransomware set up still doesn't work.

How does this ransomware protection work anyway? Is it just storing important files online? Does it backup system files automatically or do I backup my personal files myself?

Last question: Is ransomware the malware that deletes your files unless you pay the hacker money? Do these come from shady ads?

Thanks for your time.

:)

eilhart, Sep 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Davide3i Win User
    OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

Hi to everybody.
    First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me.

A few infos:

• I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation;
    • I've already tried to delete my credentials from the Credential Manager, with no luck.

I've noticed this thing: OneDrive is messing up with Windows credentials too. Each time I login with it, Windows 10 keeps asking to verify my account, so I had to follow this guide by Brink to fix the mess.
    Now I'm in the situation where my Windows is working, but I can no longer use OneDrive.
    Browsing around the internet, I've read that a lot of people are still having this problem (as you can see at this link).
    In particular, some people have having this problem (like me): in Credential Manager, the username is being turned in a random alphanumeric string (see the photo).
    Any hint to fix this problem?

Onedrive keeps asking for email after I type it correctly for ransomwa [​IMG]

Davide3i, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Onedrive keeps asking for email after I type it correctly for ransomwa

OneDrive couldn't be installed error 0x800704C7

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you configured OneDrive on your system?
    • What are the other application are you trying to install?
    • Did you uninstall OneDrive? If yes, please elaborate the steps.
    As you said you are trying to re-install OneDrive, I would like to inform you that you cannot uninstall/reinstall the OneDrive which come in-build with the Operating system. However, you have to configure your email account to access OneDrive.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to unregister and re-register the Windows installer and check if this helps.

• Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK.
      Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK.
      Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive keeps asking for email after I type it correctly for ransomwa

1. Onedrive keeps asking for email after I type it correctly for ransomwa - Similar Threads - Onedrive keeps asking

2. I need help correct my email to my correct email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need help correct my email to my correct email: I set up my laptop a couple of months back and hadn’t really used it that much and I realized the reason why I am having trouble logging in is because I accidentally put in my email wrong. It has a typo and when I try to correct it to the right one Microsoft won’t let it and...
  3. What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct password.: What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct Microsoft account password. Is this password different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-password-it-is-asking-for-i-have-typed/26c1c132-a6ec-4301-b658-232ea7eb6098
  4. What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct password.: What is the password it is asking for? I have typed correct Microsoft account password. Is this password different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-password-it-is-asking-for-i-have-typed/26c1c132-a6ec-4301-b658-232ea7eb6098
  5. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials: Everything I log out / restart my PC I have to login to my OneDrive which I have set as Network Drive.I have to remove the "MicrosoftAccount\" part and I can click ok to connect it already has the right password in place. Clicking the "Remember my credentials" does has no...
  6. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials: Everything I log out / restart my PC I have to login to my OneDrive which I have set as Network Drive.I have to remove the "MicrosoftAccount\" part and I can click ok to connect it already has the right password in place. Clicking the "Remember my credentials" does has no...
  7. Onedrive as Network drive keeps asking for credentials

8. Child account keeps asking for parent permission even after I responded to the email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account keeps asking for parent permission even after I responded to the email: My son gets the warning that he needs to ask permission to access site xyz.whatever, yet when I respond to the email to ALLOW, the warning persists on his computer. I've tried clearing cache etc. Please help....
  9. OneDrive keeps asking me to login

OneDrive keeps asking me to login: Are there any temporary files, settings, etc. I can set CCleaner to avoid cleaning, because every time I restart my computer, OneDrive keeps asking for my Microsoft account to continue using it. In a similar fashion, the same behavior can be observed if OneDrive is run...
  10. OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.: Hi to everybody. First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me. A few infos: I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation; I've already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive keeps asking to login since we just turned on two step verification.