Windows 10: OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand

Discus and support OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello To save space on laptop I use Files on Demand feature in OneDrive. But every time as I am running some other app, like backup software or some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andres379, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Andres379 Win User

OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand

Hello

To save space on laptop I use Files on Demand feature in OneDrive. But every time as I am running some other app, like backup software or some photoediting software like ACDSee, file what are on OneDrive cloud get downloaded. To stop this I try to block the app to stop automatic file downloads. The problem is the app is not getting blocked not from OneDrive Block App feature, name of the blocked app is not appearing in Settings>Privacy>Automatic file downloads blocked app list. Also changes in registry then changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Spftware\Policies\Microsoft\Cloudfiles\BlockedApps DWORD value Enabled data to 1 (0 is allowing) is not changing anything and the App still downloads files.

Help! OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand :)

:)

Andres379, Sep 6, 2019
  2. S.D.K Win User

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Sep 6, 2019
  3. 5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Sep 6, 2019
  4. OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand

OneDrive Files on Demand not present

Reboot. At the sign-in screen, there is an internet access icon at the bottom right. I think you can turn access off there, sign in, & do what you will with OneDrive settings.

Regarding Files On-Demand...

Save disk space with OneDrive Files On-Demand for Windows 10

Learn about OneDrive Files On-Demand

"

Why don’t I see the Files On-Demand options in OneDrive settings?

First, make sure you don't have Windows Information Protection (WIP), previously known as enterprise data protection (EDP) configured on your computer. Files On-Demand is not yet supported when WIP is enabled.

If you aren't seeing the Files On-Demand options, the latest version of OneDrive hasn't rolled out to you yet. Here's how to get the latest version of OneDrive.

1. Make sure you're running
      Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
      (version 16299.15 or later).
    2. Download and install
      the latest version of OneDrive
      that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the
      OneDrive desktop app.
    5. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select
      Sign in.

OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand b2cd13c5-7d45-4203-b09c-26a8780e589f.png
    6. Follow the instructions to
      Turn on Files On-Demand
    "

PCR Just PCR, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand

1. OneDrive not blocking apps from downloading files with Files on Demand - Similar Threads - OneDrive blocking apps

2. Files on Demand in OneDrive --- its just not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files on Demand in OneDrive --- its just not there: Someone said if I click files on demand I can have one drive files on my hard drive and on OneDrive both... well, folks that ain't working. There is no such icon in Win 11. Why is this so hard? Do I lose thousands of hours of work because OneDrive wants to delete folders I...
  3. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working: I use OneDrive on several devices, all of which work as intended, apart from one, my Surface Go 2 with W10. Files-On-Demand is checked in settings, but it constantly attempts to download everything until the disk is full. Free up space briefly works, but then the removed...
  4. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working: I use OneDrive on several devices, all of which work as intended, apart from one, my Surface Go 2 with W10. Files-On-Demand is checked in settings, but it constantly attempts to download everything until the disk is full. Free up space briefly works, but then the removed...
  5. OneDrive Files-On-Demand not working

6. OneDrive, files on demand, and thumbnails

OneDrive, files on demand, and thumbnails: When "Files on demand" is enabled, I can't see the file thumbnails in folders inside OneDrive, even if the file is actually downloaded. How can I fix this?...
  7. Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive

Turning on "Files on Demand" in OneDrive: Hi I've just read a useful article on the "Files on Demand" feature of OneDrive: https://www.brucebnews.com/2017/11/the-confusing-story-of-onedrive-files-on-demand-2/ It instructs me to "Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar and click on Settings" to get the...
  8. Onedrive Files on Demand Syncing erroneously

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Onedrive Files on Demand Syncing erroneously: Today, I noticed onedrive had redownloaded some files even though Files on Demand was set. I used "clear space" to remove local copies, but it immediately resynced files. Odd thing was it was only some folders or files (even only some of same file extension). Spent ages,...
  9. OneDrive's Files On-Demand not working?

OneDrive's Files On-Demand not working?: Hello, So I just clean installed the Fall Creators Update without any problems. I wanted to try out the OneDrive's File On-Demand feature. I noticed that I had to update OneDrive manually for that feature option to appear in OneDrive's Settings so I got the update from...
  10. OneDrive Files On-Demand For The Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Files On-Demand For The Enterprise: OneDrive Files On-Demand has been designed from the ground up for enterprises. Files On-Demand leverages the Windows Fall Creators update to simplify the user experience with cloud storage and sync, bring the power of the cloud into Windows File Explorer, and dramatically...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. block downloading files in the apps onedrive