Windows 10: OneDrive space limit change

Discus and support OneDrive space limit change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just received an e-mail from email.office.com stating that the current 15 GB data size limit of OneDrive space available to those that migrated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Roman Krejci, Apr 8, 2016.

1. OneDrive space limit change

I just received an e-mail from email.office.com stating that the current 15 GB data size limit of OneDrive space available to those that migrated to Win10 is going to be cut down to 5 GB in few weeks. Because OneDrive was basically the major reason I decided to migrate and because I use almost all of 15 GB space available, this is a major inconvenience for me. Is there any way to force the default OneDrive folders to stop communicating with OneDrive and put them under DropBox control (I have 50 GB free space there, so why not to use it?)?

:)

Roman Krejci, Apr 8, 2016
  2. JoeAvena Win User

Windows 10 OneDrive

How can you be a moderator when you don't understand the problem, Offline file sysn is no longer avaliable win WIN 10 One drive. Th issue is for folks like myself that have a Surface Pro with 128GB I have limited physical space. In 8.1 you were able to
    sync to "virtual space" offline and retrieve offline. OneDrive in Win 10 only mirrors your physical space to the cloud so you are limited with your cloud space usage. Example if I buy ffice 365 with 1TB of space I'm SOL becasue of my limited physical space.

JoeAvena, Apr 8, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Large upload to Onedrive

The first step is to purchase or otherwise have that much free space in OneDrive.

The second step is to make sure that no individual file is larger than 10 GB since that is OneDrive's limit for a single file. (OneDrive for Business has a larger cap.)

The third step is to simply drag and drop your files onto the OneDrive interface. That much data will take several days to upload.

BulldogXX, Apr 8, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

OneDrive space limit change

OneDrive - Unlink in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Cliff S, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

OneDrive space limit change

1. OneDrive space limit change - Similar Threads - OneDrive space limit

2. OneDrive Space Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Space Issue: I am using OneDrive as a backup for my computer. It is telling me I am out of space. I believe it is because OneDrive is keeping many versions of the files. So something that should take up 100mb, is taking 200 or 300. First - does OneDrive allocate space for versions?Second...
  3. OneDrive Space Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Space Issue: I am using OneDrive as a backup for my computer. It is telling me I am out of space. I believe it is because OneDrive is keeping many versions of the files. So something that should take up 100mb, is taking 200 or 300. First - does OneDrive allocate space for versions?Second...
  4. OneDrive Space Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Limited SSD space.

Limited SSD space.: Is there a safe method of moving windows components from an SSD to an external hard drive in order to save space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-ssd-space/8e92ee83-9354-438b-a4c0-2c237fd2d771
  6. Update to windows 10 with limited space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to windows 10 with limited space: I cannot choose the option to update using a memory card. It is deactivated. Can you help, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-with-limited-space/f6e839f3-4ccb-44a9-b36d-d4bad1b9c6f9
  7. LIMITED HARD DISC SPACE

LIMITED HARD DISC SPACE: With limited hard drive space I want move Windows 10 OS files. I did not know I had limited space and I have no space for pictures, etc. I have an external disc drive and USB thump drives and I would like to use the external disc drive to keep all files other than updates...
  8. OneDrive on Storage Spaces.

OneDrive on Storage Spaces.: Is it a good idea to put OneDrive on a Storage Space volume? 153210
  9. Is Disk Space and OneDrive space the same?

Is Disk Space and OneDrive space the same?: Personal One Drive is pointed to C Drive. [ATTACH] Business One Drive is pointed to D Drive. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have a 1 TB Personal One Drive and a 1 TB Business One Drive. I have 117.19 GB in Disk 1 and OS (C:). I Have 931.51 GB in Disk 0 and Data (D:). Are...
  10. OneDrive storage limit questions

OneDrive storage limit questions: I am suddenly receiving a message that I have exceeded my OneDrive storage limit. My current plan shows as 15 GB, and my storage shows 49.2 GB used of 30 GB. Two questions... 1. Why am I getting this warning all of a sudden? I have not added any new files to my OneDrive, so...