Windows 10: Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Discus and support Open file location is missing in pinned apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, In windows 7, when I pin word for example, I can view the recent files and pinned files. When I right-click the file in Windows 10 Enterprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Oct 2, 2016.

1. mystvearn Win User

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Hi,

In windows 7, when I pin word for example, I can view the recent files and pinned files. When I right-click the file in Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, I could not find it for windows 10. I downloaded the registry file from this forum link but does not solve the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

:)

mystvearn, Oct 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 live tiles not working properly.

Unninstall the app. Download it again. Open app, type in and add your location instead of using location. PIN THE APP USING THE PIN BUTTON INSIDE THE APP (at the top).

Diana Barros, Oct 2, 2016
  3. icepuffin Win User
    Trying to pin 'Microsoft Edge' to taskbar

I have read the previous enquiries about pin to taskbar, but I have tried these to no avail.

if I go to 'start' and when 'edge' comes up I right click I get the following options

"pin to start" "open file location" and "don't show in this list"

if I go to 'start' and 'all apps' and right click 'edge from there I just get "pin to start" and "open file location"

if I have opened 'edge' and then right click when it is on the taskbar all I get is "close window"

if I press "windows" and type 'edge' and right click all I get is "open file location" and "pin to start"

I have managed to shortcut to my desktop, but seem unable to actually "pin" to my taskbar.

I am on Windows 10 build 10240 and 'edge' is my default browser.

icepuffin, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

The description of Windows 10 Enterprise suggests you are using a company's computer, is that correct? It is possible doing such 'modifications' has been restricted by the IT department/person.

Berton, Oct 2, 2016
  5. mystvearn Win User
    It is a company computer, since the windows license is obtained for the whole institution. However, the windows is installed on any employee computer which was purchased from the institution funds and not some prescribed Dell pc as different people have different needs. Some people are still stuck on Windows XP. I built my own pc and decided I wanted the latest OS. I have administration access and can modify anything. Is there a solution for the problem I mentioned previously?

mystvearn, Oct 3, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    The setting that turns these jump lists on or off for pinned app on the taskbar (you can also right-click on apps in the Start menu to see them) is found in Settings - Personalisation - Start. The last toggle in the list is 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar'.

BTW: A quick way to clear all Jump Lists is to turn this off then back on again.

Bree, Oct 3, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    All of my computers have the choice of Open file location on the right-click and choose More then that item.
    Open file location is missing in pinned apps [​IMG]

Berton, Oct 3, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

No, that's not the sort of 'file location' the OP is referring to. Your 'file location' opens File Explorer at the location of the shortcut for that app in the Start Menu's Programs folder. The OP wants the list of recently opened files, or the Jump List as it is known (hover over each one and it shows its file location). Theirs is turned off (and yours by the looks of it).

Open file location is missing in pinned apps [​IMG]

Bree, Oct 3, 2016
  9. mystvearn Win User
    Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Open file location is missing in pinned apps - Similar Threads - Open file location

2. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  3. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  4. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Locations missing: I have a small network of computers some are VMs on a wholly private LAN.Some of these PCs when you open file explorer in the network section show some of the other PCs.Some of them do not. I want to be able to open the shared folders from any of these PCs.Why do they all not...
  5. Open File Location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open File Location?: I've had Win 10 for a few months now and one thing I'd like to change is, when I do a Start button Search, and R click a result, I don't see the option to Open File Location. can I enable this somehow??...
  6. Open file location missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open file location missing: Right click open file location missing from pop up menu. Corona, or whatever it's called is disabled or removed from day 1, not sure if that has something to do with it. Doesn't show the trail on lefthand tree either. Have to open the file, click save as and hope it shows...
  7. File missing for PIN?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File missing for PIN?: [ATTACH] wat? submitted by /u/rkj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn9tuo/file_missing_for_pin/
  8. open-file-location for pinned shortcuts: file system error(-214492695)

in Windows 10 Support
    open-file-location for pinned shortcuts: file system error(-214492695): This happens anytime I select the context menu item "open file location" for a start menu shortcut. Tried several suggestions that were posted for file/folder location problems including sfc, dism, registry but no luck. The error popup is from runtimebroker.exe, but searches...
  9. Files Missing from the location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Missing from the location: Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they are just dissapearing. How do i get them back? All my audio files are still here but the project files are vanishing and the...
  10. Open file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file location: When I select "Open file location" it opens the program folder. EDIT: The issue may be that I used "ProgramLocation\ProgramName" "FileLocation\FileName" to open the file because it is Excel and this prevents it opening in the same instance. EDIT 2: That is the problem,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. open file location jump list disappeared