Open Volume Mixer By Default

Discus and support Open Volume Mixer By Default in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Windows 10 opens to a single slider, perfect for touch screens, but I want the mixer back. As it is right now I have to right click to open it. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BriniaSona, Jul 29, 2015.

1. BriniaSona Win User

Windows 10 opens to a single slider, perfect for touch screens, but I want the mixer back. As it is right now I have to right click to open it. How can I make it default.

:)

BriniaSona, Jul 29, 2015
  2. MaCXyLo Win User

Volume Mixer - change link in traybar

i bring back the old volume mixer with the following registry entry on win10:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MTCUVC]

"EnableMtcUvc"=dword:00000000

i want to change the link for the volume mixer icon in the taskbar.

By default the following sound mixer opens:

sndvol.exe -f

But i like to open...

sndvol.exe

with a single click on the volume mixer icon.

Anybody know's where i can find the registry key or start entry?

Kind Regards

MaCXyLo, Jul 29, 2015
  3. JacqMeh Win User
    When I right click on the volume symbol and click on troubleshoot, and then it tells me to open volume mixer

Original Title: Volume Mixer (Windows 10)

Okay, so when I right click on the volume symbol at the task bar, and then click on volume mixer, it wont pop up. However, when I go to the task manager, it says that the volume mixer is running, but for some odd reason I cant see it.

When I right click on the volume symbol and click on troubleshoot, and then it tells me to open volume mixer (through troubleshoot), it opens, but I can't seem to open volume mixer without needing to click troubleshoot in order to open the volume mixer.

Help please.

JacqMeh, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Open Volume Mixer By Default - Similar Threads - Open Volume Mixer

1. BSOD when I open OBS/SLOBS. LVUVC64.sys - 2webcams & 1mic.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I open OBS/SLOBS. LVUVC64.sys - 2webcams & 1mic.: When opening OBS or SLOBS (for Twitch streaming) I will sometimes get a BSOD. When the BSOD happens I get the following error info: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area what failed: LVUVC64.sys I used 2 webcams for my stream. 2 Logitech webcams (a HD Pro c920 and a HD c270) and a...
  2. Announcing Microsoft Research Open Data

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Research Open Data: The Microsoft Research Outreach team has worked extensively with the external research community to enable adoption of cloud-based research infrastructure over the past few years. Through this process, we experienced the ubiquity of Jim Gray’s fourth paradigm of discovery...
  3. Is it possible to open the volume mixer instead of volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to open the volume mixer instead of volume control: Hello, Ten Forums! I was wondering whether it were possible to open the volume mixer instead of the volume control when left-clicking on the volume icon in the tray. At the moment I have it set to open the old classic menu, but not the volume mixer. So, is it possible?...
  4. Possible to open "Restore Point" files from "system volume information

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Possible to open "Restore Point" files from "system volume information: Hello! I've a customer with a vista computer (i know, spare the flame:ing *Smile) it was infected with crypt0l0cker and after restoring it to a previous restore point it seems like the SAM hives or something broke down on it since i cant create new users and some services...
  5. Cannot open volume bar or search feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot open volume bar or search feature: Hi folks upgraded win ten on the 29th no problems , everything worked shmick Now all the sudden when i want to change the volume on the taskbar it wont open , I used to be able to right click on volume and it would open with a slider bar now i have to right click to open...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't open the volume controller, action center or home.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't open the volume controller, action center or home.: Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1, and I noticed that when I clicked the volume button on the lower right hand corner to change the volume, it would take 2-5 clicks and about 5 seconds for it to open. Then to day for some reason it decided it was not going to...
  7. Taskbar Volume will not open with left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Volume will not open with left click: My volume control, calendar and network status on my windows 10 task-bar stopped working last week. I can still right click an choose open but I get all options. My quick launch still works with the left click. What happened to cause this and how do I fix it? 47513