Open Volume Mixer By Default

Discus and support Open Volume Mixer By Default in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 opens to a single slider, perfect for touch screens, but I want the mixer back. As it is right now I have to right click to open it. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015.

1. BriniaSona Win User

Windows 10 opens to a single slider, perfect for touch screens, but I want the mixer back. As it is right now I have to right click to open it. How can I make it default.

:)

BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015
  2. MaCXyLo Win User

Volume Mixer - change link in traybar

i bring back the old volume mixer with the following registry entry on win10:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MTCUVC]

"EnableMtcUvc"=dword:00000000

i want to change the link for the volume mixer icon in the taskbar.

By default the following sound mixer opens:

sndvol.exe -f

But i like to open...

sndvol.exe

with a single click on the volume mixer icon.

Anybody know's where i can find the registry key or start entry?

Kind Regards

MaCXyLo, Jul 28, 2015
  3. JacqMeh Win User
    When I right click on the volume symbol and click on troubleshoot, and then it tells me to open volume mixer

Original Title: Volume Mixer (Windows 10)

Okay, so when I right click on the volume symbol at the task bar, and then click on volume mixer, it wont pop up. However, when I go to the task manager, it says that the volume mixer is running, but for some odd reason I cant see it.

When I right click on the volume symbol and click on troubleshoot, and then it tells me to open volume mixer (through troubleshoot), it opens, but I can't seem to open volume mixer without needing to click troubleshoot in order to open the volume mixer.

Help please.

JacqMeh, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Open Volume Mixer By Default - Similar Threads - Open Volume Mixer

2. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...
  3. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  4. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...
  5. file system is not opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file system is not opened: why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-system-is-not-opened/5fb9d779-cdd5-4308-ac91-9a0bfa2ba10e
  6. how to reset task view to default settings?

how to reset task view to default settings?: my task view is changing to grid, how can i change it to default straight line again?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reset-task-view-to-default-settings/0615e04f-f717-412c-8ac2-58172212340d
  7. open settings

open settings: I have tried to open settings and it clinks on for a second and then closes. I then try again to open it and the same thing happens. It opens, closes and goes away. Please tell me how to open settings....
  8. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows...
  9. High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs: I am experiencing high disk usage when I open literally everything. I am not too knowledgeable on computer hardware so hopefully someone here can help. I have disabled SuperFetch (I was/still am having issues with my computer randomly resetting; someone said disabling it...
  10. Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open: Hi All, I also posted this same question here... Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 Anyway, I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open, using either Win + period or Win + semicolon key's. I've done a system...