Windows 10: Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10

Discus and support Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10 How to Use Old or New Volume Control in Windows 10 When you click/tap on the volume system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by XP1, Dec 2, 2015.

1. XP1
    XP1 Win User

Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10

How to: Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10

How to Use Old or New Volume Control in Windows 10

When you click/tap on the volume system icon on the taskbar in Windows 10, a new modern volume control will open.

This tutorial will show you how to switch to use the old or new volume control for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to switch to using the old or new volume control for all users.

*note When you right click on the volume icon, it will have the same options below when using either the old or new volume control.

Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10 [​IMG]

EXAMPLE: Old and New (default) Volume Control

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below are to add and change the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MTCUVC

EnableMtcUvc DWORD

0 = old
    1 = new (default)

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. To Use Old Volume Control
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Old_volume_control.reg

Download

3. To Use New Volume Control
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Default_New_Volume_Control.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Multiple audio volume control sliders missing upon upgrading to Win10

I have multiple devices outputting audio simultaneously, having independent volume sliders makes it more convenient.

I came accross this app,

SndVolPlus

Right clicking the app tray icon gives the volume control options,

then I found out the command is "sndvol -p".

The volume sliders also show on the default volume icon, this means the underlying feature was still in Windows 10. However, it works only with the
    old volume control UI.

The settings are intact even after exiting the SndVolPlus app.

TL;DR:

Run "sndvol.exe -p" from start menu or cmd

Switch to old volume control UI (link)

OR

Use SndVolPlus app

Sawano Hiroyuki, Dec 2, 2015
  3. kkastroid Win User
    window 10 is so stupid

hwy do they change all the UI? people have been using same UI for decades. it is so frustrating and hard to find just run commend and even control panel.

i thought the search tool will find the menus easily without going through the hassle of looking for the specific menu through new UI.

who design this? redesigning UI 101 is smooth transition from old ui to new UI so customers won't have to go though the frustration.

why do you change the menu that's been working find for years to make your customers angry?

i hate microsoft. window 10 UI is a disaster.

kkastroid, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Geodripp Win User

Thank you both for the info!
    I was able to get the volume mixer by clicking on the system volume icon them clicking "mixer", however I was wondering if it would be possible to set up some sort of registry entry that would allow me to double click the volume icon and have it immediate open the volume mixer.

I found that if I make a shortcut with the target "%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -t 76611119 0" I can make it open where I want from a desktop shortcut but I was wondering if anyone could help me modify the registry so that I don't need the shortcut and can just double click the system sound icon to open the mixer.

I also noticed when I examined the process with process explorer it listed this as the command line parameters: "SndVol.exe -r 77201237 0 {0.0.0.00000000}.{5fc3904c-eda2-46fb-b353-10e266407892}"

I am thinking I might be able to get somewhere with that but I thought Id ask here to see if anyone could help point me in the right direction as I am not as experienced with the windows registry as I wish I was.

- Thanks in advanced!

Geodripp, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 2, 2016
  6. Geodripp Win User
    Geodripp, Feb 2, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I hope you get a solution.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Use Old or New Volume Control UI in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Old Volume Control

2. how to get old search ui on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get old search ui on windows 10: does anyone know how to get the 1809 search ui on modern versions of windows 10? The main difference if you can't tell is that the search ui is connected to the side of the screen and there's no rounded corners. so, if anyone knows any registry edits then please let me know:...
  3. New Volume Slider UI missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Volume Slider UI missing in Windows 11: Hey, I just upgraded to Windows 11 hoping for this old volume bar to be replaced by the new improved one. But for some reason I still get the old design. Any fixes for this? I can't find anything.Thanks[moved from de-de]...
  4. New Volume Slider UI missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Volume Slider UI missing in Windows 11: Hey, I just upgraded to Windows 11 hoping for this old volume bar to be replaced by the new improved one. But for some reason I still get the old design. Any fixes for this? I can't find anything.Thanks[moved from de-de]...
  5. volume control in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume control in windows 10: all of a sudden when I click on the horn symbol so I can increase the volume, it won't open up. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-in-windows-10/3132f358-d3bf-4fc9-980e-31d947e5ee0a
  6. Windows 10 volume UI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 volume UI: [ATTACH] The white square above the blue rectangle in the volume UI isn't big enough. As you can see, it's a bit smaller in width than the blue bar. For some reason this really bugs me. I would upload a screenshot, but I can't. Do your thing Microsoft!...
  7. New music control UI on Windows 10X (Not a concept)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New music control UI on Windows 10X (Not a concept): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5ducks1024 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2l9c3/new_music_control_ui_on_windows_10x_not_a_concept/
  8. Windows 10 New Ui Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 New Ui Settings: Hello Today I updated my computer to the November 2019 update and I went into settings and for some reason I dont have the new UI in settings does anyone know how I get the new UI settings in [ATTACH] [ATTACH]10. Thanks. Im also running Windows 10 Professional....
  9. Windows 10 New UI Not Working

Windows 10 New UI Not Working: Greetings, Microsoft! Recently, I noticed that some parts of my Windows 10 installation is not working, and I'd like to get them back. Here's a list of what's not working: PC settings (or the "immersive" control panel) → this just doesn't open at all. Photos, Groove and...
  10. Old Volume Control

Old Volume Control: Those who may want the old volume control, in Windows 10, with Speakers and Mixer links: [img] In the Windows Registry Editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and create a new sub-key under CurrentVersion named:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume drht windows 7 apps

2. ffff1003

3. HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_83847680&REV_1034\4