Windows 10: Optimize Performance of Windows 10

Discus and support Optimize Performance of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; It works just fine for me in Chrome using the same skin as you. As a test, see how it works in Internet Explorer. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by tfwul, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Optimize Performance of Windows 10

It works just fine for me in Chrome using the same skin as you.

As a test, see how it works in Internet Explorer.

Brink, Feb 9, 2016
  2. slapgat Win User

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here Brink is this what you want

slapgat, Feb 9, 2016
  3. z3r010 Win User
    I've fixed your settings, it should be there now.

z3r010, Feb 9, 2016
  4. slapgat Win User

if that is in reply to me thank you it now works

slapgat, Feb 9, 2016
  5. slapgat Win User
    maybe you should consider adding update speed in task manager to your list i find it seems to make a big difference

slapgat, Feb 9, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, I have priority order on a long list of to dos for a tutorial. *Smile

Brink, Feb 10, 2016
  7. MUGEN02 Win User
    I ran the Change Maximum Download Connections per Server Limit in Internet Explorer Reg file and it set them as 22 Decimal. I changed them manually to 16.

Brink, what is your opinion on the turn off reserved bandwidth trick?
    https://www.whattechsays.com/increas...in-windows-10/

MUGEN02, Feb 27, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'd say that it was misunderstood in that article, and not really needed to be set. See this below instead. *Smile

QoS Bandwidth Reserve Limit

Brink, Feb 27, 2016
  9. MUGEN02 Win User
    After reading threw the thread I set it to 0%. I only use video streaming(youtube) in IE11, browser downloads and uTorrent.

MUGEN02, Feb 27, 2016
  10. Thanks for author post.

hoangnamle, Apr 3, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I had a problem lately, in that, my installers folder(see window shot) I keep in Downloads, which contains ALL my current & updated installers was loading verrrrrry slowly, and that instance of File Explorer would remain unresponsive for a couple of minutes, even though I use 2 Samsung SSDs.

Even after right clicking something, it would take quite a while to get the context menu.

I figured out, it had started after I re-downloaded the GIMP installer for saving(which has a new installer for the same version, because of Corrupt Windows Installer Warnings). It's almost 1GB large.

Knowing installers are very compressed folders, I figured out that when opening the Installers folder with unzipped installers, Windows was trying to read all the files and find the icons for them too.

So today I zipped(just using the built in compressor) all the larger installers, and now the folder loads fast again.
    It seems that zipping them tells windows not to try to read them, until you're ready to extract, so it kind of "sandboxes" the installer.

I hope this helps anyone else that has this problem.

***Note: if it's a data folder that you use often, then you might just have to create separate folders for the larger files, and re-link any programs using them to it***

Cliff S, May 27, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    Good info Cliff. Who would have ever thought? *Thumbs

simrick, May 27, 2016
  13. evildog1 Win User

where is the tutorial of "Enable or Disable Energy Saver Mode"?

evildog1, Sep 11, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 11, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Ha I finally found the thread/tut where this actually belongs*Smile

A while ago, I made an Event Viewer custom view to see boot times and posted it here: Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec. - Windows 10 Forums
    I now have made a better version, that also shows you what program was slowing a specific boot time down.
    Sometimes it happens that a program is PendingFileRename, another words, it needs to update files when it's service is not running, or it's .dll's/shared .dll's are not in use, so it updates at boot or restart, and that can cause a one time slow down.

If, on the other hand, you see the same program repeatedly causing a serious slow down, configure Startup Delay.

*Name: Boot-Shutdown Performance.zip Views: 60 Size: 373 BytesBoot-Shutdown Performance.zip
    Then unzip it
    Unblock it in properties, by right clicking the zip file, select Properties, then select "Unblock" in the bottom right hand corner.
    Then import it into Event Viewer:

Cliff S, Nov 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Optimize Performance of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Optimize Performance

2. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  3. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  4. Optimizing data center performance with Microsoft technologies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing data center performance with Microsoft technologies: Hello Microsoft Tech Community members, I am interested in learning more about how to optimize the performance of my data center using Microsoft technologies. I currently have a large amount of data stored in my data center and I am looking for ways to improve the efficiency...
  5. Optimizing data center performance with Microsoft technologies

Optimizing data center performance with Microsoft technologies: Hello Microsoft Tech Community members, I am interested in learning more about how to optimize the performance of my data center using Microsoft technologies. I currently have a large amount of data stored in my data center and I am looking for ways to improve the efficiency...
  6. How to optimize INTEL Graphics for gaming and better performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to optimize INTEL Graphics for gaming and better performance?: I bought a XPS 13 laptop for school and I didn't know how the intel graphic command works and how to update it for better PC display. My friend recommended me to check YouTube for tutorial, but I have not been lucky enough to find a better videos to fix it for the better....
  7. How to optimize INTEL Graphics for gaming and better performance?

How to optimize INTEL Graphics for gaming and better performance?: I bought a XPS 13 laptop for school and I didn't know how the intel graphic command works and how to update it for better PC display. My friend recommended me to check YouTube for tutorial, but I have not been lucky enough to find a better videos to fix it for the better....
  8. 7 Settings to Optimize for Gaming Performance on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    7 Settings to Optimize for Gaming Performance on Windows 11: Gamers are always looking to get the best performance from their computers - be it the latest drivers or swanky gadgets. Similarly, Windows 11 has also got people excited about gaming because of new features to enhance your gaming experience. Here are a few twitches you can...
  9. Optimize NVIDIA Control Panel: Best settings for gaming performance

in Windows 10 News
    Optimize NVIDIA Control Panel: Best settings for gaming performance: [ATTACH]NVIDIA GPUs are like gold for gamers, however, not all of them offer top-of-the-line performance, and even if you have the flagship GPU, by optimizing it, you can improve its performance. By tweaking some settings we can optimize NVIDIA Control Panel for gaming to...
  10. SSD Optimization Tips for better performance on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    SSD Optimization Tips for better performance on Windows PC: [ATTACH]SSD or Solid State Drive is a great way to increase your read and write pace by leaps and bounds. But there is still a lot you can do to improve the performance further. This article will give you some SSD optimization tips for better performance, so, go through them...